• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I think I just witnessed the beginning stages of WWIII...

• Members

Dropped by a convenience store today. On my way into the store, there was a Jeep parked right outside of the door to the store...crammed full of what we call "good ol' boys" here in the South.

On my way out, I turned to go to my car (the Jeep was now behind me) and heard a woman say...

Woman: We...are...trying to save the planet.

Good ol' boys: Huh?

Curiosity got the best of me, so I turned around to see what was happening...

Woman: WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE THE PLANET, AND WE CAN'T DO IT WITH YOU LITTERING!

Then, she leaned over and picked something up (from the pavement) right next to the Jeep.

Now, I don't know for sure who has the most fortitude in the midst of adversity, but knowing "good ol' boys" like I do, I would imagine they would say a few things that I didn't want to hear, and the eco-monger would have hit a brick wall and then some.

So...I quickly got in my car before tensions got any worse.  :15_1_63:

So...if things escalate, and Georgia gets blown off of the map...it was nice knowing everyone! :laugh:

• Members

Now, I'm opposed to littering, so don't think I would take the "good ol' boys" side; however, my distaste for enviro-mongers may be stronger. :15_1_63:

After witnessing this, I mulled it over and thought about my response if I were ever attacked by an enviro-monger...

Enviro-monger: WE...ARE...TRYING...TO...SAVE...THE...PLANET! YOU'RE KILLING OUR PLANET!!!

Me: Huh?

Enviro-monger: YOU'RE CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEVASTATION OF OUR PLANET!!!

Me: Oh dear! Did you know that the Bible says that "while the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease"?

Enviro-monger: I DON'T BELIEVE THE BIBLE!!! I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE! YOU'RE KILLING OUR PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Oh dear! Okay, I understand. May I ask you something?

Enviro-monger: AS LONG AS YOU STOP KILLING OUR PLANET...yes.

Me: Do you drive a car? Do you use air-conditioning and heat? Do you use ANY paper products and/or plastic products? Do you faithfully recycle? What about when you eat out at a fast-food restaurant...do they recycle the trash that you throw into their trash cans? Do you use hair products? Do you conserve water? Have you completely switched over to either solar or wind power? Do you...etc., etc., etc.?

Enviro-monger: Well...er...uhm...

Me: YOU'RE KILLING OUR PLANET!!!

• Members
1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Hmmm...despite the world's view, it seems hypocrites aren't limited to churches only... :laugh:

That always makes me laugh - when someone says to you that they don't go to church because it is full of hypocrites.......... but they still go to work, and the shops, and the football........... and they are full of hypocrites too..... doesn't stop them....:laugh:

• Members
18 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Hmmm...despite the world's view, it seems hypocrites aren't limited to churches only... :laugh:

We had a preacher once who said many people say to him that they won't go into a church because the church is full of hippocrites.  He says "The world is full of hippocrites, the bars are full of hippocrites, but you go into a bar, how is that?"