• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where Is The New 'temple' Going To Be Built? Inside The Walls Or Out?

Genevanpreacher

• Members

An important Bible rule is "Scripture must interpret Scripture".  Don't just read Daniel 9:27 and build a doctrine off of it.  One piece of a jigsaw puzzle does not tell one all that is about the puzzle. 

Study all end times Scripture, and you get the whole picture. 

Didn't. But someone else did.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is only one place that God allows for the Jews to have a temple...only one. It was chosen by God himself...

Deuteronomy 12:5-32
5  But unto the place which the LORD your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come:
6  And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks:
7  And there ye shall eat before the LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the LORD thy God hath blessed thee.
8  Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.
9  For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.
10  But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;
11  Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD:
12  And ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your menservants, and your maidservants, and the Levite that is within your gates; forasmuch as he hath no part nor inheritance with you.
13  Take heed to thyself that thou offer not thy burnt offerings in every place that thou seest:
14  But in the place which the LORD shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.
15  Notwithstanding thou mayest kill and eat flesh in all thy gates, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee: the unclean and the clean may eat thereof, as of the roebuck, and as of the hart.
16  Only ye shall not eat the blood; ye shall pour it upon the earth as water.
17  Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:
18  But thou must eat them before the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD thy God shall choose, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite that is within thy gates: and thou shalt rejoice before the LORD thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands unto.
19  Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou livest upon the earth.
20  When the LORD thy God shall enlarge thy border, as he hath promised thee, and thou shalt say, I will eat flesh, because thy soul longeth to eat flesh; thou mayest eat flesh, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.
21  If the place which the LORD thy God hath chosen to put his name there be too far from thee, then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the LORD hath given thee, as I have commanded thee, and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.
22  Even as the roebuck and the hart is eaten, so thou shalt eat them: the unclean and the clean shall eat of them alike.
23  Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.
24  Thou shalt not eat it; thou shalt pour it upon the earth as water.
25  Thou shalt not eat it; that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.
26  Only thy holy things which thou hast, and thy vows, thou shalt take, and go unto the place which the LORD shall choose:
27  And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of the LORD thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of the LORD thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.
28  OBserve and hear all these words which I command thee, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee for ever, when thou doest that which is good and right in the sight of the LORD thy God.
29  When the LORD thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
30  Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
31  Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
32  What thing soever I command you, OBserve to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Where did God put his name; what city? Jerusalem. 1 Kings 11:36, 2 Kings 21:4, 2 Kings 21:7, 2 Chronicles 6:6, and 2 Chronicles 33:4

Jerusalem is the only place that devout Jews would ever put a temple. 

• Members

There is only one place that God allows for the Jews to have a temple...only one. It was chosen by God himself...

5  But unto the place which the LORD your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come:
6  And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks:
7  And there ye shall eat before the LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the LORD thy God hath blessed thee.
8  Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.
9  For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.
10  But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;
11  Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD:
12  And ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God, ye, and your sons, and your daughters, and your menservants, and your maidservants, and the Levite that is within your gates; forasmuch as he hath no part nor inheritance with you.
13  Take heed to thyself that thou offer not thy burnt offerings in every place that thou seest:
14  But in the place which the LORD shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.
15  Notwithstanding thou mayest kill and eat flesh in all thy gates, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee: the unclean and the clean may eat thereof, as of the roebuck, and as of the hart.
17  Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:
18  But thou must eat them before the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD thy God shall choose, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite that is within thy gates: and thou shalt rejoice before the LORD thy God in all that thou puttest thine hands unto.
19  Take heed to thyself that thou forsake not the Levite as long as thou livest upon the earth.
20  When the LORD thy God shall enlarge thy border, as he hath promised thee, and thou shalt say, I will eat flesh, because thy soul longeth to eat flesh; thou mayest eat flesh, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.
21  If the place which the LORD thy God hath chosen to put his name there be too far from thee, then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the LORD hath given thee, as I have commanded thee, and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.
22  Even as the roebuck and the hart is eaten, so thou shalt eat them: the unclean and the clean shall eat of them alike.
23  Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.
25  Thou shalt not eat it; that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.
26  Only thy holy things which thou hast, and thy vows, thou shalt take, and go unto the place which the LORD shall choose:
27  And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of the LORD thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of the LORD thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.
28  OBserve and hear all these words which I command thee, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee for ever, when thou doest that which is good and right in the sight of the LORD thy God.
29  When the LORD thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
30  Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
31  Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
32  What thing soever I command you, OBserve to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Where did God put his name; what city? Jerusalem. 1 Kings 11:36, 2 Kings 21:4, 2 Kings 21:7, 2 Chronicles 6:6, and 2 Chronicles 33:4

There was one built in Egypt.

• Members

Amen NN! :goodpost:

• Members

Israeli Jews in Jerusalem say Temple will be rebuilt.

Published on Sep 17, 2013

Israel Today's Jonathan David spoke with Jews on the streets of Jerusalem, who give details of the rebuilding of the Temple and by whom.

• Members

Has anyone heard anything new about the Jews who think the location of the temple has been miscalculated and should actually be near, or next to, where the Dome of the Rock is located and not on that same spot?

Yes. They call it the Dome of Chains.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFAQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ritmeyer.com%2F2011%2F02%2F07%2Fdid-digging-on-the-temple-mount-erase-traces-of-the-jewish-altar%2F&ei=Q5CXVN2gK8qdyATXxoGgAw&usg=AFQjCNEjEzYZkMm0TUnZrp1JE3L8P5ZFdg&sig2=pb9LmBJ6Xoa1RulcZ9GihA&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw

[there, finally got it!]

• Members

John 2:19 John 4
Ezekiel 40-48 
Zec. 6:10-15
Eph. 2
1 Peter 2

Linda adds Mat. 24:15 - which refers to Dan. 9:27 

It is a matter of interpretation. All Bible prophecy was written before the destruction of the temple in AD 70, with the arguable exception of Revelation. So the temple destruction referred to is the 2nd temple destruction Jesus prophesied in Mat. 24 Mark 13 & Luke 

The temple Linda refers to seems quite likely to be built, but will such a building be in accord with prophecy? It could be in accord with dispensationalist prophecy - built for the antichrist to occupy, & to be destroyed within 7 years. The animal sacrifices offered would be a direct rejection of Calvary, & totally unacceptable to God. [At least in this dispensation of grace.] 

A future millennial temple - Ezekiel's ? - would be a fourth temple would not be built for destruction but for the Messiah. Eze. 43:7 reads:

And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

I prefer to think in terms of the temple the Lord is building today, with his redeemed people, with living stones, for an habitation of God through the Spirit. Eph. 2:19-22 1 Peter 2:1-10
Sorry to quote myself, but I am quoting the Apostles.

The whole point of a sanctuary was to show God dwelling with his people. God's people are now the redeemed people from all nations. A localized physical temple can only be built in defiance of God's purposes fulfilled in the saving work of Christ.

• Members

John 2:19 John 4
Ezekiel 40-48 
Zec. 6:10-15
Eph. 2
1 Peter 2

Linda adds Mat. 24:15 - which refers to Dan. 9:27 

It is a matter of interpretation. All Bible prophecy was written before the destruction of the temple in AD 70, with the arguable exception of Revelation. So the temple destruction referred to is the 2nd temple destruction Jesus prophesied in Mat. 24 Mark 13 & Luke 

The temple Linda refers to seems quite likely to be built, but will such a building be in accord with prophecy? It could be in accord with dispensationalist prophecy - built for the antichrist to occupy, & to be destroyed within 7 years. The animal sacrifices offered would be a direct rejection of Calvary, & totally unacceptable to God. [At least in this dispensation of grace.] 

A future millennial temple - Ezekiel's ? - would be a fourth temple would not be built for destruction but for the Messiah. Eze. 43:7 reads:

And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

I prefer to think in terms of the temple the Lord is building today, with his redeemed people, with living stones, for an habitation of God through the Spirit. Eph. 2:19-22 1 Peter 2:1-10

Sorry to quote myself, but I am quoting the Apostles.

The whole point of a sanctuary was to show God dwelling with his people. Exo. 25:8  God's people are now the redeemed people from all nations. A localized physical temple can only be built in defiance of God's purposes fulfilled in the saving work of Christ. Eph. 2:19-22

Read Hebrews. The Old Covenant with all its rituals & sacrifices has vanished away. Heb. 8:13 We are the true, LIVING temple of God. 

Read 1 Peter - he includes Gentiles as God's redeemed people: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not OBtained mercy, but now have OBtained mercy. And we are built into God's spiritual house. Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

NO. Whatever happens in Jerusalem, the true temple of God for the indwelling Holy Spirit is built with the redeemed people of God, comprising believing Israel & believing Gentiles who are grafted into Israel. This was God's declared plan from his first promise to Abraham (Gen. 12) and spelled out by Isaiah 49:

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of JacOB, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

• Members

Those building the Temple will not be those who are now the spiritual Temple. Unbelieving Jew have been going over the plans for some time now.

There are also many Christians supporting this, some at any cost, in the belief if they can hurry the building of the temple they can hurry the return of Christ.

Archived