• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Recommendation For Mature Christians

2bLikeJesus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went to the doctor the other day and he said I needed glasses, so I took his.
The next day he rang and said he wanted to see me, but he can't. .......... because I have the glasses!

:lol:

(Victor Borger)

• Members

I recently looked at desk lamps and each one I looked at said maximum bulb wattage of 40. They used to have a maximum bulb wattage of 60. What happened?

Before my eyes started that getting old stuff, I used to have a 40 watt bulb in my desk lamp, but then had to switch to a 60. The swtich on my old desk lamp is going bad so I wanted to buy a new one before this one goes out but a desk lamp that only allows a maximum 40 watt bulb won't do.

• Members

That seems to be the route "they" are directing everything. Such a bulb would prOBably work in a desk lamp, but I do have a couple light sockets in this house which won't light the new "bulbs". The ceiling light in our downstairs bathroom will light traditional light bulbs fine, but not the new style "bulbs". I don't know why.

• Members

That seems to be the route "they" are directing everything. Such a bulb would prOBably work in a desk lamp, but I do have a couple light sockets in this house which won't light the new "bulbs". The ceiling light in our downstairs bathroom will light traditional light bulbs fine, but not the new style "bulbs". I don't know why.

Newer bulbs, especially the fluorescent ones, with a built in ballast, flare out directly above the threads.
The older bulbs have a "neck" on them, and rise more than an inch, before they flare.
The difference is in the older fixtures.
Newer fixtures widen to adapt to the newer bulbs.

• Members

I've never noticed that. The new bulbs screw into the fixtures, and they work in most of the old fixtures here, but there are two fixtures they will screw into but they won't light.

I think I'll just buy a few flood lights, that should brighten the house up!

• Members

If you are like me and have been saved for over 30 years, you have most likely read the bible cover to cover multiple times over the years (of course if you have it has made you IFB).  I found myself not getting as much out my reading after so many times through it that I had to try something that would get me to a deeper understanding of the Bible while using the Bible only. I generally try to stay away from all the commentaries. 

Solution:  I hand wrote the bible verse by verse in it's entirety.  I am on my second time now.  It takes me about 2 years to complete, but it sure does give you a in depth look at the bible and it's amazing how you pick up on individual words that you failed to notice before.   It is tedious but greatly rewarding and I recommend it to anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the Bible. 

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power,  For His glory.

I am wondering then if you have seen the built in cross-reference system God has placed in the KJV

And also, have you also seen the built in dictionary for every word in His word?

• Members

I have definitely seen the built in dictionary.  I let the bible define it's own terms.  Sometimes by "law of first mention" and other times through a careful study of how that word is used throughout the bible in every instance.  

I am not quite sure what you mean by the built in cross-reference system...I would like more explanation there please.  It sounds like maybe I am missing out on a wonderful tool.  

Bro. Garry

Archived