• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

My fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I am seeking scripture that speaks out against my topic. I do not believe that God would come to another induvidual and tell them something that he had intended for the person being told to find out. Here is what I am facing; my relationship of a month shy of two years was ruined by a woman who told my significant other that "God told her that she needed to end our relationship." I cannot blame my Girlfriend for listening to her do to the fact that I am out numbered in this fight. Her Mom, Sister, and Grandparents share the same penocostal holiness faith. She is not that way herself, however her mind could be swayed when the core of her family is in support of this. The woman who told her to do this is a Second cousin whom is more like an Aunt to her and they have always been close. She is the second wife to a man (her third marrige herself) who pastors a church in our area. His congregation is being led by him unknowing of his past life...I guess he doesn't read the book of Timothy...however thats a different discussion. I need verses and most of all prayers because the only way that her and I can make it back together is by God's touch. Thank you friends!

Words of Jesus:

Matthew 19:6 (KJV) 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

God is not going to say one thing in His Word, and then say something entirely opposite to man today.

If this woman broke up a marriage that was instituted by God, god would not have told that woman to break up the marriage.

If you had not entered into a marriage contract yet, there really is no Scripture that ixs necessarily against the girlfriend breaking things off.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

Words of Jesus:

Matthew 19:6 (KJV) 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

God is not going to say one thing in His Word, and then say something entirely opposite to man today.

If this woman broke up a marriage that was instituted by God, god would not have told that woman to break up the marriage.

If you had not entered into a marriage contract yet, there really is no Scripture that ixs necessarily against the girlfriend breaking things off.

I appreciate that scripture Brother! Although things hadn't reached a "marital" status we were well on our way. I know that God had crossed our paths and have no doubt that she was brought into my life by his will.

Maybe to strengthen your walk with Him? Or her walk?

My council?

thank God for the time you had together. Pray, asking Him to put the woman in your path that He would have you to marry. If it is this woman, God will surely bring her back into your arms.

In the second chapter of Genesis, we see that God brought the woman He created to Adam. He did not say, "I've made you a woman, go find her."

Trust Him, and He will bring that one He made for you to you.

Unfortunately it sounds like your young lady will need to get on her knees and find God's will for herself. And lots of praying from you as well.

Someone saying these words is very powerful (For a few years I was in a church where they would tell you whether or not they thought a girlfriend or boyfriend was "good enough" to marry or not, without being able to possibly determine God's will for somebody else's life). The only way through it is lots of prayer, and for each of you to find out God's will yourselves. It will be difficult for her to go against her family, so it is very important that she is very, very sure this is right. It will be a hard decision for her to make and it will take lots of prayer.

All the best for you guys.

My fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I am seeking scripture that speaks out against my topic. I do not believe that God would come to another induvidual and tell them something that he had intended for the person being told to find out. Here is what I am facing; my relationship of a month shy of two years was ruined by a woman who told my significant other that "God told her that she needed to end our relationship." I cannot blame my Girlfriend for listening to her do to the fact that I am out numbered in this fight. Her Mom, Sister, and Grandparents share the same penocostal holiness faith. She is not that way herself, however her mind could be swayed when the core of her family is in support of this. The woman who told her to do this is a Second cousin whom is more like an Aunt to her and they have always been close. She is the second wife to a man (her third marrige herself) who pastors a church in our area. His congregation is being led by him unknowing of his past life...I guess he doesn't read the book of Timothy...however thats a different discussion. I need verses and most of all prayers because the only way that her and I can make it back together is by God's touch. Thank you friends!

As far as the issue of someone telling her that "God told me to tell you..." I agree that this would not be scriptural, I believe. Pentacostals, (and even more so their more-words-added-to-make-them-sound-even-holier) like Pentecostal Holiness Primitive Four-Fold Four-Square Four-Eyes For Rent Assembly of Ancient Baptist Charismatics, etc, often do this whole prophet/prophetess thing, where God tells them to tell other people-if you watch how they work, its really standard fortune-telling. In the Bible, God sent prophets to Kings, to High Priests, to people of great office, who made decisions that affected others; generally we don't see the prophets sent to Miriam the goats-herdress to let her know that one of her goat's has a bad udder. Yet that's exactly what we see with these pentecostal prophets: telling people things like, "God has great plans for you! You're going to do well in music for the Lord! Woo-Hoo for you!" And that's a real example, by the way, one given to my niece in her Pentecostal church. Funny thing with that 'prophecy': she was already an excellent musician, serving God with that music.  That's like a prophet coming to me and prophesying that I am going to be fat! (I'm already 340 pounds). 

If one is saved, the Lord is able to communicate the truth to them just fine. Now, that's not to say the Lord can't use someone else, or a pastor preaching a sermon that speak to you, but the Spirit will speak to YOU-the biggest problem, of course, is the listening, which we are wont not to do.

So, as said before, place this in God's hands and wait upon the Lord-stay faithful and active in your church.

BY the way, how old are you and your lady-friend?

Pray, and keep open to renewed friendship. If you are both true believers, and wary of such prophetic messages, then yuo will be drawn together. If she does not share that Pentecostal faith, where does she worship? And where do you worship, and how did you meet? Are there trusted mutual friends who could arrange for a meeting? Keep it low key, and you will either grow together or apart as the Lord leads.

Such a prophecy is self-fulfilling - prophesy "break up" and it happens.

I suggest this Scripture:

Proverbs 3:Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Two personal notes:

1) My then girlfriend's father (not a Christian) took an instant dislike to me. Our wedding (over 50 years ago) was organised by my parents. The estrangement lasted until after our first baby was born.

2) My son was the victim of such a prophecy - he met a girl from a "Toronto blessing" church - she had been told in prophecy that she would 1) marry her next boyfriend, and 2) marry before she was 20.

With such a prophetic "blessing" they went ahead, with her parents' approval, & her pastor's though NOT our approval, nor our pastor's. They'd only met a few weeks before, but everything was SO "right."

The marriage didn't last a year due to her adultery.

So much for modern prophets and their prophecy.

You should never say God told me that you should not do that, what should be done if you see someone doing something wrong is to out point to them within the Holy Scriptures that its the wrong thing to do.

God never speaks directly to us, however He does speak to us though His Word, which has been true ever since the Bible was completed.

God speaks to us in different ways.  Just to name a few...

Generally through the Word.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Through our conscience.

1 Timothy 1:5  Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Through the Holy Spirit.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Through counsel and advice of other Godly people.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Ephesians 2:18 tells us that we have access to God.  "For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."

From what you wrote, your girlfriend is close with this person.  That person probably loves and wants to protect her.  But....ask your girlfriend to consider going to God directly, on her own, with much prayer and direction from scripture.  

Edited by LauraJones

On Monday, July 08, 2013, JerryNumbers said:

You should never say God told me that you should not do that, what should be done if you see someone doing something wrong is to out point to them within the Holy Scriptures that its the wrong thing to do.

God never speaks directly to us, however He does speak to us though His Word, which has been true ever since the Bible was completed.

Not to change the subject but The Spirit of God is God and does and must speak directly to our spirit (which is us) in order for us to be saved and to be taught by God the Spirit. But I do agree concerning the typical pentecostal blasphemous hokum.

1 Corinthians 2:10-12  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 17:20  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

44 minutes ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

Not to change the subject but...

The thread's over two years old, Old-Pilgrim. The original poster hasn't visited the site since July 2013 and Jerry left over a year ago. Just so you know...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Bangoo james
      I am a 20 young christian electrical engineer (studying at a Polytechnic University + working in Electrical Power Systems) from Europe, and I want to ask you for some godly advice concerning marriage, more exactly arranged marriages.
      First of all, before I say something about this, I want to ask if God has picked a spouse for everyone. The idea for me is that there is no specific Bible verse or passage that speaks of God picking specific persons for us to marry. There are four examples, Adam, Isaac, Hosea and Joseph, concerning God arranging marriages but all of these were special circumstances and I don't see how can we build a doctrine on special interventios of God to stipulate that He arranges marriages. The Bible speaks of finding wife but it also says that a good spouse is a gift from God. Apostle Paul says if someone decides freely in his heart then to marry his duaghter and in the following verse he also says that if someone single decides the same then he also should get married. Moreover, God through the Holy Spirit advised us to choose not to marry, saying that he who marries does god but he who not does better because he is concerned with God's work and not with pleasing a spouse. He also wants to spare us from the hardship of marriage and life. He recommends us virginity and celibacy and seeking the Kingdom but also encourages us to marry due to immorality. I for one don't have this gift and I know for sure that I can't stand to be single in celibacy so I will get married. Moreover, Bible talks about Abraham taking a wife, Judah taking a wife etc. Proverbs 31 was written for helping young men find a good godly wife. I agree that God guides us through the Holy Spirit and gives us wisdom to seek and find a wife. The Bible says that we should inform God of our plans and intentions and He will bring things to pass. But it is one thing to say that God guides us and something else to say that He is picking spouses for everyone. It is certain for me that the story of soul mates is mythical and originates from movies, romantic novels and from Plato's philosophy. There are some logical problems I find with this issue. If God picks someone for everybody what happens if the person dies? Isn't the story of soul mates wrong? Because Bible encourages remarrying after the spouse's death. But what if one chooses the life of celibacy even if he is not gifted with this? What will happen than? What's the point of love then if God arranges everything? Who is to blame because so many young men and women are not yet married and is not sure that they will ever be? And moreover the Bible says that love is a choice and not a sentiment based on feelings. It involves feelings but basicaly is not this. It is strange because if we carefully put into action the biblical pattern for love and marriage roles described by Paul then we could get married with anyone and have the most happiest marriage from all times. And if we're honest, I think that in the end everybody chooses freely to marry with someone not because God said them to do so. There are examples of people that are saying that their marriaged was arranged by God and I don't know what to say than just affirm that there is no biblical support that God promised or sweared to us that He will arrange our marriages. Better is to say that God is guiding them through the Holy Spirit and helping in the process of finding someone to marry. In the end, if God arranges marriages shouldn't be them perfect? Why is that that these are not? I am saying all these to you because as I've said I am on the point of having an arranged marriage and I am very concerned to do God's will in my life. It was not our parents idea of arranged marriage, but ours: we at some point in life (each one individually) told our parents to look for a spouse for us and from this particular point things evolved until her parents found me and my parents found her. It is not a forced marriage neither from me nor from her. We have freely decided to marry each other and there is no pressure from our parents to act this way so we are not forced into marriage. I want to kindly ask for some godly advice concerning this idea that God has specific persons in His mind for us. It would be against God's will if we would have an arranged marriage? From what Scripture says I think not and more than that there is good biblical suport that God will bless our marriage giving the fact that we will be marrying in the Lord.  Thank you for your attention and I hope that we will be in touch very soon. I am looking forward for your answer. Yours sincerely, Stephen
    • By Orval
      I have recently read a few articles on global warming and while I somewhat detest the tree hugger mentality, I do hate the idea of cutting down trees, and love wildlife reserves and such.  My question is this, are the "scientists" who are proclaiming that in the next 30-50 years the heat of our continent's will rise to nearly unbearable temperatures correct and if they are, do you think this is the preparation for events during the tribulation period concerning the trumpets and vials?  I am leaning toward yes in both instances but honestly I would like to read someone who I know can be trusted.

Your thoughts please. 
    • By Ronda
      JEREMIAH 49... I don't see a lot of eschatology being discussed here (other than the millennial kingdom) recently... so I decided to go out on a limb and start a discussion about Jeremiah 49.  I wanted to focus on the specific passages of 35-39, and most specifically upon verse 36. 
      "And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come."
      SOMETHING is going to happen in Iran (specifically where Elam used to be which is in what is now Iran).
      It is an area ***"stretching from the lowlands of what is now Khuzestan and Ilam Province as well as a small part of southern Iraq." (*** land description taken from wikipedia... see also map below) 
      I realize that Persia is also listed in Ezekiel 38-39 as one of the nations which is included in the confederacy against Israel.  I do not think it is likely that is part of Ezekiel's prophecy in ch. 38-39, but I do think it COULD precede it, and possibly be a factor in why Persia is listed in the Ezekiel 38-39 confederacy (although the reasons for Ez. 38-39 are more about "taking a spoil")
      So back to Jeremiah 49
      SOMETHING will happen to cause THIS: 
      "... I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, 
      and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation
      whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come." 
      My thought is that it's possible that Iran will attempt to attack Israel. Israel will defend herself and isn't it amazing that the Bushehr site in Iran
       (the very site the nuclear reactor is located) is smack dab in the area where Elam was? 
      Not saying it HAS TO happen that way... and I'm not saying the event HAS to be nuclear... I am just that it COULD happen that way.
      Whatever happens the Lord will be in control of the situation. It does not have to be nuclear, it could be any number of events...and it will be of God's will.
      Whatever happens (nuclear or not) will cause these things to happen (which have not YET happened to a total fulfillment in history):
      1. The Lord "will bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven,"
      2. "and will scatter them toward all those winds;" 
      3. "and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come."
      History tells us that Elam was conquered by the Assyrian empire and then later by the Medo-Persian empire.However, that did not drive out all of those people who lived there, but instead they were then under the control of the Medo-Persian empires control, but most continued to live in that same area of land (even though under the rulership of the Medo-Persian empire).
      So I do not believe that being conquered by the Medo-Persian empire fulfills this prophecy since they were not driven off the land, they were not scattered to the 4 quarters, and they haven't (yet) been scattered to all nations.
      Elam is now a part of modern-day Iran. (and in that part of Iran there is a nuclear reactor as well as current plans for the Iranians to build more) I conclude these verses are future events (possibly soon).
      I also would further conclude that verses 38-39 will be fulfilled at an even later time (the millennial reign) because there certainly is NOT a throne of the Lord in Elam, nor has there ever been in past history.
      The only other place in the Bible that a (future) earthly throne of the Lord is mentioned is in reference to Jerusalem. So while I do not claim to have any idea exactly what the throne of the Lord in Elam will be... nor the reason why... I do believe it is true, because the word of God IS true!
      Every past prophecy which was fulfilled was fulfilled exactly as prophecied, to the letter,
      Which means all future prophecy will also be fulfilled exactly as prophecied. 
      I am only giving my opinion of what COULD cause them to be scattered to the 4 quarters, and scattered unto every nation.
      That said... God cannot be boxed into "logical human reasoning" because His ways are far above our ways.
      So I am not stating it HAS to be a nuclear event... it is just a possibility of what could occur to cause such a scattering.

35 "Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.
      36 "And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.
      37 "For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the Lord; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:
      38 "And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the Lord.
      39 "But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the Lord.
      map image (taken from wikipedia) for the location of where Elam was:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elam#/media/File:Elam_Map.jpg

What say ye all?

• By Ronda
      Hello all... let's talk.  Recently there was a change made to the feed stream of this site.  A few of us are having difficulty finding new posts and so (I think) it may be leading to a lack of discussions.  Many of us came here for fellowship with other IFB friends, brothers, and sisters. The world has a worldly view... But I'm curious as to what do fellow bible believer's think about the following topics, and whether (or not) you think any/all of the topics relate to scripture, if so, why? Thanks for your input as I feel we should "gather together" as we see the day approaching. 
      Here are just a few things I thought of which I don't see being discussed here currently:
      Earthquakes in various places around the globe
      Financial economy troubles around the globe
      China and Russia both pressing for a new world currency
      US public schools took God out/all government buildings removing any reference to God
          and does this relate to the younger generation's rebellion against parents and authority figures
      Do you see these things increasing over the last decade (yes, they've always been around, but have you noticed a marked increase over the last 5-10 years in):
          self-love, gimme now/I deserve everything-for-nothing-attitudes
          covetousness (desiring things that other people have which are beyond your means)
          arrogance, boasting, pride
          cussing, smut on TV even in the commercials
          unthankfulness
          being lied to/betrayed/broken promises all without any signs of remorse
          pleasure-seeking
          mocking of Christians, mocking of the bible, mocking of God and Jesus
          fornication/adultery/perversions such as homosexuality and pedophiles
      Russia and Iran both being right outside Israel's borders in Syria
      CERN
      The LGBT movement and/or gay marriage
      Christian persecution in middle east nations (and or in our/your own)
      False teachers on TV (and in churches)

Muslim invasion of the world
      Syrian refugee crisis (what do you think of the crisis in Germany, Austria, and other nations. Also what do you think about Obama importing them here to US?)    The "deal" which basically allows Iran to have nukes
      Obama's use of executive orders to bypass Congress
      And if you'd like to discuss any of these things (or other current events), please state if you believe it does or does not pertain to scripture and why.
      Pick a topic... and let's dig in! Thanks

• By pilgrimspen
      Hi everyone.. guess you remember me to all those who posted in the thread that I started wayback.
      Im back! still the same as before...
      Well, the guy that I've mentioned (still the same guy 2014). Well, here's an update. Our pastor and his wife invited us for a chat. Since they're concerned about me since Im a member of our church, and the guy that I like (he's studying in a bible college taking up masteral, by faith because his savings went to different people who asked for his help that they will borrow his money and return it when they're able to pay him, he sold his small business because it is not God honoring according to him, and he's changing his ways). At present he's unemployed he doesn't want to get a job because he can't manage a full-time job because according to him, he's studying and does part-time/volunteer preaching in our church (sometimes he's invited in neighboring churches).
      My question is should I wait for him even if I know marriage is not his priority, but he told me if I'll meet his standard of loving God first, then maybe he'll consider me. Plus I need to fix an issue about my family that is important to him. He's not looking for a relationship because he told me his vocation is his priority. If God will give him a partner it must met his standard (a God first woman, and someone who's matured spiritually). I admit I lack those criteria, or have fallen short because I'm just a newly professed Christian I was baptized 4 yrs. ago. 
      At present he knows that I like him, and I am helping him financially, for his studies and for his things in school like gadgets. He also emphasized to me that if ever God will send him a partner the woman must be willing to be a bread-winner because he'll do full time ministry. I can't explain everything here. Anyway, should I kill my feelings for him, (coz' I have sacrificed a lot), also he's staying in my family's house because its near our church and the place of his classmate where he used to stay before is quite far. We are really like brothers and sisters. And I know most of his personal life. vice-versa
      He has helped me a lot, taught me Christian studies. Should I wait? Continue praying? or simply forget him? (He was in a failed relationship 5 times and the last was a hard blow) So his criteria is really hard.