• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

When Did the Church Begin

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Baptists are one sect - IFBs are another, Methodists are another, Presbyterians are another, Free Presbyterians are another, Anglican/Episcopalians are another, Lutherans are another, "Bible Churches" are another, "Bible Chapels" are another. You can play the non-denominational game all you want, but you are just fooling yourself.

When did the church begin? There are two schools of thought on this one. One says during the ministry of Jesus while others say at Pentecost. I don?t wish to enter into this argument. My problem is Ac 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Many are opposed to any criticism of how a word in the KJV is translated. Without commenting on the translation of ekklesia. How do we reconcile Acts 7:38 with the above positions. ekklesia however can be translated assembly. Had it been there would be no seeming conflict.

I am solidly a KJV preacher and will preach and teach from nothing else.

It started in 33 AD at the Pentecost.