• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biblical Heroes: Who Inspires You?

• Administrators

There are so many inspiring figures in the Bible, from Moses to Esther to Paul. Other than Jesus, who do you find most inspiring, and how do their stories influence your walk with Christ?

Mine is Moses: Moses inspires me because, despite his humble beginnings and initial reluctance, he became a powerful leader who faithfully followed God's call and maintained a deep, personal relationship with Him.

• Members

I had to give this one a bit of thought. Off the cuff I thought of Joseph. What a testimony and type of Christ. But to be truly inspirational I think I have to choose a character that I can more closely relate. I was never, in any way, shape or form, a Joseph. Unfortunately, through my years I have been a shoot from the hip, loose cannon kind of guy. Not my most redeeming characteristics. For this reason, I have to go with Peter. I can relate to him and his impetuous behavior while under Christ's tutelage, and I am encouraged by how God was able to use him after Christ's death. Even loose cannons can have a place in God's ministry.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Napsterdad said:

For this reason, I have to go with Peter. I can relate to him and his impetuous behavior while under Christ's tutelage, and I am encouraged by how God was able to use him after Christ's death. Even loose cannons can have a place in God's ministry.

Praise the Lord. 

• Members

Simon Peter is mine. We find that he has denied Christ, but knew his wrong and repented.  Though I haven't denied Christ, there have been times when I have had to withdraw myself from certain churches or church altogether to gain some perspective. I was like Peter in the respect that I stated, "I go a fishing. But, Peter couldn't stay that way, and neither could I. Upon returning to the profession I was in before beginning in ministry, I found that wasn't where God would bless me. After several months of discipline from the Lord, I returned to ministry, though not in a full-time capacity. I seemed to have gone through Christ asking me, as he did Simon Peter, "Do you love me?" Seeing how God used Peter after his failing, I know that God is a forgiving God and will use us in spite of ourselves. 

• Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Simon Peter is mine. We find that he has denied Christ, but knew his wrong and repented.  Though I haven't denied Christ, there have been times when I have had to withdraw myself from certain churches or church altogether to gain some perspective. I was like Peter in the respect that I stated, "I go a fishing. But, Peter couldn't stay that way, and neither could I. Upon returning to the profession I was in before beginning in ministry, I found that wasn't where God would bless me. After several months of discipline from the Lord, I returned to ministry, though not in a full-time capacity. I seemed to have gone through Christ asking me, as he did Simon Peter, "Do you love me?" Seeing how God used Peter after his failing, I know that God is a forgiving God and will use us in spite of ourselves. 

Same for me.

Edited by Disciple.Luke