• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Credit cards is of the devil… 👺

• Members

Many years ago, I would remember visiting churches that will preach on credit cards, saying that it was of the devil. Today everything has changed, churches love credit cards now, and even put them up on the screen so you can scan your card or phone with their I.D. scanned.  The Love of Money.  💰

• Members

Oh, good grief! Another thread focused on money and a terrible slant to the negative on the subject of credit cards. It's hard NOT to make payments without a debit or credit card, and there's definitely nothing wrong with that. And it definitely for most doesn't have anything to do with the love of money. 

• Members

Been carrying cards for years, have 10 in my wallet right now, and none has sprouted horns yet. Credit cards are simply another form of money. Down through history, money took many forms and I'm sure somebody complained about our paper money and promissory notes (checks) at some point in time. It's the love of money which gets us in trouble.

• Members
22 hours ago, heartstrings said:

Been carrying cards for years, have 10 in my wallet right now, and none has sprouted horns yet. Credit cards are simply another form of money. Down through history, money took many forms and I'm sure somebody complained about our paper money and promissory notes (checks) at some point in time. It's the love of money which gets us in trouble.

Also spending your cards up to the limit can get us in trouble. Most sadly, fall in this category and are paying high interest. 

• Members
14 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Also spending your cards up to the limit can get us in trouble. Most sadly, fall in this category and are paying high interest. 

Again TGL using the word "most" without any proof posted. Whether he can see this response or not he's assessing that most spend to the maximum and that ALL have high interest rates. He truly should STOP posting his OPINION as fact. It makes him look ridiculous.

• Members
3 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Also spending your cards up to the limit can get us in trouble. Most sadly, fall in this category and are paying high interest

We pay the balance on our cards monthly so we pay no interest. Actually we make 1%, ,2% and  up to 5% bonus on some of them

• Members
38 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

We pay the balance on our cards monthly so we pay no interest. Actually we make 1%, ,2% and  up to 5% bonus on some of them

The wife and I are currently looking for a balance transfer card. We have one through Tractor Supply and the interest rate is soon to go way beyond what any bank should be allowed to charge. We usually pay our balances off every month as well. any suggestions heartstrings?

• Members
10 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Again TGL using the word "most" without any proof posted. Whether he can see this response or not he's assessing that most spend to the maximum and that ALL have high interest rates. He truly should STOP posting his OPINION as fact. It makes him look ridiculous.

Well two can play that game, Tony:

MOST of TGLs posts are negative and painted with a broad brush, and NEVER does he offer a positive solution. Nor does he EVER tell us what he is doing to alleviate the wrong.

How'd I do?

Unfortunately, this is how I see TGL.

Curing the Eeyore in You!” – Daily Dose With Dr.Shermaine

• Members
7 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

MOST of TGLs posts are negative and painted with a broad brush, and NEVER does he offer a positive solution. Nor does he EVER tell us what he is doing to alleviate the wrong.

How'd I do?

For the greater portion of his posts I agree. Any time he's been called out on it he tries to make a joke about it, tries to change the subject, or tries to make a joke about it. For a while he was doing better, so it's clear that he CAN be positive and play well with others. It's this Eddie Morales that I would like to see. But, I have to agree with your assessment at this point in time. 

• Members

For those that need more information 👀

Federal Reserve data showed that fewer than half (47%) of credit cardholders carried a balance at some point in 2023. That's down a percentage point from 2021 and 2022 but is down even further from 2020, when that rate was 50%.

• Members

• Members
3 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

How'd I do?

For the greater portion of his posts I agree. Any time he's been called out on it he tries to make a joke about it, tries to change the subject, or tries to make a joke about it. For a while he was doing better, so it's clear that he CAN be positive and play well with others. It's this Eddie Morales that I would like to see. But, I have to agree with your assessment .

36 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

Thanks Brother! I'll check it out this morning.🤠

• Members
15 hours ago, heartstrings said:

I remember the Popeye cartoon the hamburger guy. I will gladly pay you Friday, for a Hamburg today. 😁 Brainwash to borrow from childhood. 🍔

• Members
3 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I remember the Popeye cartoon the hamburger guy. I will gladly pay you Friday, for a Hamburg today. 😁 Brainwash to borrow from childhood. 🍔

It's Tuesday not Friday…😁

• Members

Credit card fraud has gotten so bad that our cards are compromised several times a year.  I now pay everything on two different credit cards and then pay them off the next month or so.  When one is compromised, we shut it down and while waiting for the new one, use the other.  Life goes on.

If anyone has seen the old 1947 movie, Life With Father, most of the women in my life subscribe to what I call from the movie, pug dog math.  It's a cute movie but of course it is not scriptural.