• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Voting for one the of two less evils biblical?

Go to solution Solved by HappyChristian,

• Members
4 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

You love chicken 😂

SMH... anytime it's serious you crack a joke. Do you see now why people don't take you seriously? 😒 

• Members
1 hour ago, HappyChristian said:

Gotta say I don't think TGL is far off...people have sold their votes for cigarettes, why not chicken? Although KFC is nowhere near as tasty as it used to be.

I would prefer Bojangles over KFC.  Even Chester Fried would be better. Don't think I would care for Popeye's either. 

• Members
3 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Gotta say I don't think TGL is far off...people have sold their votes for cigarettes, why not chicken? Although KFC is nowhere near as tasty as it used to be.

Funny story...I used to roof with my brother part time, and we went to a KFC in Tonawanda, NY for lunch. They were open and fully staffed, but at the counter we were told they had no chicken. A KFC with no chicken. SMH.

I got to thinking this is very appropriate here, selling KFC for votes. You get what you pay for...🙄

• Members
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

I would prefer Bojangles over KFC.  Even Chester Fried would be better. Don't think I would care for Popeye's either. 

Chicken's okay at Bojangles, but I really like the dirty rice. It's been a while though. 

Popeye's is hit or miss. Went to one in Orlando and it was likely the worst chicken experience I ever had. Went to one in central Ohio off Rt. 71 and it was fantastic. A lot to be said for who runs the store.

• Members
38 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

Chicken's okay at Bojangles, but I really like the dirty rice. It's been a while though. 

Popeye's is hit or miss. Went to one in Orlando and it was likely the worst chicken experience I ever had. Went to one in central Ohio off Rt. 71 and it was fantastic. A lot to be said for who runs the store.

I have worked for Bojangles twice, both times in Martinez Georgia. I was the biscuit maker, but also worked everywhere else in the store. I worked for KFC in Pekin, Illinois, and my wife and I both worked for a convenience store in Augusta Georgia that did Chester Fried chicken. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Have any of you guys watched the debate last night. Trump looked much stronger and debated better. Biden looks like he was a little lost at sometimes, Biden,  saying that all Trump said were lies. Can any of  these two lead this country? 🇺🇸

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 3:31 PM, TheGloryLand said:

BT,  I know that you prefer Trump as I also preferred him in the past, but what it comes down to is, they’re gonna put in office whoever they want. I think they will put him back in again. They just did not like the way he was behaving and was pumped up at the end of his first term.  Who is telling me all this? no one, it just in my imagination. Just remember, you cannot trust man. 😇

They fought tooth and nail the first time Mr. Trump ran for office, fought him the whole time he was in, and are fighting him now. They threw everything they could muster short of accusing him of tearing the labels off pillows and mattresses.  If he goes in again, I believe it will have to be the American people who vote him in. But what with all the cheating practices the Commie-crats have instigated and established, that will depend on the Hand of God methinks. God is actually the one who "setteth up" rulers in this world, at least that's how I understand it from what the Good Book says.

As to the "lesser of two evils", I am not about to support or facilitate the establishment to totalitarian power of a party which pushes and promotes abortion, homosexuals, abolishment of second amendment rights, communism,  the demise of Israel, persecution of Christians, the destruction of the family, and the downfall of America. So, I don't so much vote FOR Trump as I vote AGAINST all of that. 

Edited by heartstrings

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Are we? You're throwing out your typical "the sky is falling" tripe. We've had MANY unbelievers as POTUS & VPOTUS. And hey, we're still around....and didn't you mean "we're" doomed instead of "were" doomed? Why don't you ever post anything positive, Eddie? 

By the way, old friend, did you read the article fully? Vance is a Catholic. He believes in God and is trying to lead a Christian life. So, please, tell me how this makes him an unbeliever.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members

Now I understand clearly when the Bible says, many will have eyes to see, but can not see 👀 like the pharisees. Cold hearts, ❤️❤️  satisfying their own bellies. Looking for truth in darkness.

Sad… 😞

• Members
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Now I understand clearly when the Bible says, many will have eyes to see, but can not see 👀 like the pharisees. Cold hearts, ❤️❤️  satisfying their own bellies. Looking for truth in darkness.

Sad… 😞

And who are you implying as Pharisees? There's a lot of Scripture on FALSE assusers of the brethren. There's also a lot of Scripture on causing division and dissection among the brethren. The only thing sad is the constant dissing of Christians, churches... especially those of your own denomination. Eddie, if you are truly an evangelist like you say you are, then you need to start acting like it. To date I have seen very little proof in the pudding. I'm not the only one who has mentioned your constant negativity. We're praying it will change. I also see you've once again dodged giving proof of your allegations against Vance, and against people here. We're all waiting. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by BrotherTony