• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Which Bible App do you use for your phone?

Pastor Matt

• Administrators

What Bible app do you use, and why do you prefer it?

Whether it's for daily readings, study plans, or specific features, everyone has their reasons for choosing a particular Bible app. Share yours and let us know what makes your chosen app your go to. 

Feel free to include details such as:

• Features you love: What specific features make your chosen app a standout for you?
  • User-friendliness: Is the app easy to navigate and use?
  • Additional resources: Does the app offer supplementary materials like devotionals, commentaries, or study guides?
  • Customization: Can you personalize your experience with themes, reading plans, or other customization options?

I'm  looking to try a different app so I thought I'd see what you all use

• Members

Although it is very rare that I need to use my phone for Bible reading I have downloaded a few for those occasions where I need my Bible but am not in a place where I have it on hand. Of those I have downloaded I favor the Blue Letter Bible as it is very easy to use and has a concordance, which is about the only add-on I need when on the fly.

Edited by Napsterdad

I have the Tecarta Life Bible app on my iPhone and I can toggle back between the KJV and the ESV but I do not like the ads and don't really feel like paying $60/year in order to have their "Premium" services.

I also have the Blue Letter Bible and use the resources on "Bible Hub" rather extensively. One of these days I may pluck down the cash for Logos Bible Software which is pretty much an entire theological library at your fingertips! May come in handy if I ever get to writing my thesis.

• Members

I use the Olive Tree Bible app. A lot of junk, but if you are careful what resources you buy, you can get a lot out of studying it - on the go or anywhere really. I used to use the Mantis Bible Study app. It had a lot of resources I bought through the years - but it just was not user friendly enough to keep using. In Olive Tree, I can make as many bookmarks I want in any book I am reading - and it keeps track of them all. Can highlight any books (not just the Bible), can put as many notes as I want in the app - I have transferred over many that I have in the margin of my main Bible. You can add tags and icons to all your notes to colour code them or indicate they are on a specific theme. A couple of months ago, they added features to be able to fully format your notes. You can even link a website url in one - which is helpful for me to link a study or poem to a certain passage so always have the link handy when I am fellowshipping with others. I have several Bible study/poetry sites and love to access the material - but used to spend so much time looking for specific ones when digging deeper into a verse or passage. Now I can find the link and always have it handy.

There is a cheap bundle in the app that gives you some KJV resources, such as Strong's Concordance, Matthew Henry, Spurgeon's Morning And Evening Devotional. I think there are about 10 resources in that KJV Bundle altogether - perfect for someone who wants to dig deeper and have a Bible and lexicon and a couple good commentaries and devotionals handy whereever they are.

• Members

I use the Blue Letter Bible. It's easier to use on the desktop than the app on my phone, but it's still very helpful. I like that I can look up a word and find out which verses it's used in and the meaning of the word in Hebrew or Greek, as well as the commentaries and resources. 

I also use the "The Bible English Chinese Bible" app so I can look at both versions at the same time. I have a physical bilingual Bible, but the app is much faster and more convenient to use. It has extras such as bookmarks, notes, and highlights, but I never use them, I use it just to look up verses or passages.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

On my Android phone I use MySword but am swinging over to Blue Letter Bible.

On my laptop I have E-Sword and BLB but mainly use E-Sword. Lots of free resources and others that are real cost effective. I looked at Lagos but it was expensive and much more than I needed.

• Members
11 hours ago, Pastor Matt said:

a good Bible app that is compatible with Android auto

I usually just turn my phone up real loud.....Maybe one day I'll get a car that's compatible with Android, then I can check back on this thread! lol 🤣

• Administrators

I know I can use Bluetooth to connect with my phone, but I don't want to have to pick up the phone to launch it, much easier and safer from the car screen.

• Members

I've used Logos Bible Software for more than 20 years.

Long ago they added mobile devices to their software system.

I find the app to be an excellent product; incorporating a large collection of Bibles, books and research materials into an easily searchable database.

I do almost all my Bible study on the computer... only using physical copies of a Scripture when the version I want to reference is not available. 

And I rarely carry my Bible to church anymore.

The only thing Logos might do to make the mobile app perfect is adding the sound effect of turning Bible pages for when the pastor asks us to turn to a particular passage.