• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are you helping your son or daughter find their future love

Go to solution Solved by HappyChristian,

• Members

It is every parent’s desire that their son or daughter, future husband, or boyfriend be Christian. But is this our job to do so? I don’t see any problem and trying to help, example. Oh, Robert seems to be from a nice family. What do you think Susie? Did you help your daughter or son find their love mate… ❤️ 

A positive post by the glory land, for my friends here.?

• Administrators
  • Solution

Yes, I did. lol...when I met Sarah I knew she was the perfect one for Josh. I "introduced" them via Facebook, by encouraging my son to friend her and get to know her. it took a while, but here we are a couple of years later with a wonderful DIL and a beautiful grandson. No regrets on my part, for sure.

• Members
4 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

It is every parent’s desire that their son or daughter, future husband, or boyfriend be Christian. But is this our job to do so? I don’t see any problem and trying to help, example. Oh, Robert seems to be from a nice family. What do you think Susie? Did you help your daughter or son find their love mate… ❤️ 

A positive post by the glory land, for my friends here.?

I don't believe there's anything wrong with parents wanting their children to marry saved and serving individuals. Though we have no children of our own, we always encouraged and prayed that our nieces would marry Godly men, and that our nephews would marry Godly young ladies. To be honest, not one of them has done so. Some are on their second marriages, while others have decided that shacking up is the way to go. Five of these nieces are my baby sisters daughters

Becky used to be a pastors wife. Her husband was an emotional and spiritual abuser of them all, and this has taken a serious toll not only on my sister, who is now in the process of finalizing her second divorce, but on their five girls. My ex brother in law used to be on staff at Paul Chappelle church in California. I believe only three or four of my 25 nieces and 18 nephews are saved. Only one and his family are actively serving the Lord in the church they attend. I'm very proud of this nephew because he came back from Iraq after being seriously injured, got married and divorced within one year of his return, and then turned back to the Lord a year or so later. He got remarried to a wonderful young lady, and they have two girls and a boy. 

It's always a good thing to try to point ones children to Godly influences and potential mates as long as we're not playing the Holy Spirit. 

Good subject matter, TGL. ?