• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Update your American Passport Soon

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by Rebecca,

• Members
On 6/10/2023 at 7:45 PM, TheGloryLand said:

South America, maybe Panama. Remember I said temporarily. You don't need to take my advice, my friend. 

South America? Panama? I've been to Brazil, Columbia, Ecuador, as well as El Salvador and Panama. No thanks. Even if we have war on our own soil America will still be better. I have been to A LOT of countries, and I can't think of one that I would pick over the US to make a stand and fight.

Edited by Napsterdad

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
2 hours ago, Josie said:

I’m a passport acceptance agent, so please let me know if you have a question about the process of a first time passport or renewing yours! Just thought I’d try to help! ☺️

Hi Josie! I have a question about this. My sister and her daughter have been waiting on my niece's passport for a few months now. How long does this process usually take? Does it take longer for a minor to receive a first-time passport than an adult? 

• Members
7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Hi Josie! I have a question about this. My sister and her daughter have been waiting on my niece's passport for a few months now. How long does this process usually take? Does it take longer for a minor to receive a first-time passport than an adult? 

Good morning! Routine service is still currently running at 10-13 weeks while expedited service (if they paid $60 more) is still 7-9 weeks. To answer your other question, it can really just depend. The U.S. Department of State needs to verify all of the documentation and, if anything is unusual or the acceptance agent didn’t properly execute the application, it can take longer. That’s probably not the case at all for your sister or niece. A little while ago, we were seeing passports coming back at a faster rate than stated by the DOS, but it may be that they’re getting swamped again. Has your sister checked on their application status? If they go to the travel dot state dot gov website and put in their respective information, they can see where their applications are at in the process. Also, if any trips are planned and it’s getting close to the travel date, no more than 14 days out, they can contact the DOS through a number listed on their website and can be scheduled for an appointment at their nearest regional passport facility for same or next day passport printing. Sorry, long-winded answer, but I hope this helps! ?

~ Josie ~