• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Interacting with Love

• Members
18 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I should have? ?

Now you're understanding, that is YOUR free will to have that opinion. I gave advice and it was up to you to decide whether you would use it or discard it. That my friend is free will. Now we're getting somewhere. I'm not upset or feel you're unloving because you don't agree.

I quoted "How so" on two different quotes of yours, is your reply for just one or does it apply to both? I ask because it doesn't show me any where I deflected. 

Thank you. Can you help me out and show me where the standard for English grammar is? It changes every year and I can't keep up. I'm a inner city boy living in the greater NYC area so we have our own English language. 

Free will does not detach me from responsibility. If necessary, I will lovingly point out serious issues. I am not upset if my advice is ignored. But, if led, I will contend against unbiblical reasoning.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

Free will does not detach me from responsibility. If necessary, I will lovingly point out serious issues. I am not upset if my advice is ignored. But, if led, I will contend against unbiblical reasoning.

now you got it 

What about the rest of my replies?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

This is the biblical approach:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Tim. 3:16).

I 100% AGREE. It sound like you're getting it now. It's the Bible that does the work, not you or I being the Holy Spirit. This is what I've been saying It's about God doing the work in hearts. 

The Bible does not say "All pastors are given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

• Members
16 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

BTW, I'm only asking about the grammar because I ran the statement through grammar checkers and it says it was correct English grammar. I would like to see what English standard you are using so that you can I can communicate with you in a way you'll/we'll understand to avoid any future confusion. 

"I understand that it can be difficult to feel loving all the time"

The overall context was about my feelings, therefore, saying "to feel loving all the time" does seem fit. Whereas, "feel loved all the time" does.

Edited by Dr. Robert S. Morley

• Members
1 minute ago, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

The overall context was about my feelings, therefore, saying "to feel loving all the time" does seem fit. Whereas, "feel loved all the time" does.

Or perhaps, "to feel love all the time."

Sorry, to be clear, your use of English is correct in a certain context. However, the words in that context didn't make sense to me, which is why I asked the question.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

The overall context was about my feelings, therefore, saying "to feel loving all the time" does seem fit. Feel "loved all the time" does.

Thank you, but I asked what English standard you are using. Not everything I mention is all about you. Sometimes I'll mention myself and others to try and help you. Nevertheless, because something doesn't "seem" to fit does not make it in incorrect or inaccurate. If you re-read it, you'll notice that I used the pronoun "we" so it wasn't just talking about you, which then makes the statement grammatically correct according to the checkers I use. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

now you got it 

What about the rest of my replies?

I 100% AGREE. It sound like you're getting it now. It's the Bible that does the work, not you or I being the Holy Spirit. This is what I've been saying It's about God doing the work in hearts. 

The Bible does not say "All pastors are given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

"And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another" (Rom. 15:14).

• Administrators

I'm still waiting on the accusation of deflection. I'm finding unanswered replies and blanket statements with no evidence.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

"And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another" (Rom. 15:14).

100% agree, but I can't force people to do right as it's the Word of God that changes life NOT YOU OR I. Like I said, you're getting it now. BTW, I never read anyone on here say not to warn others. That seems like what happened here when you feel members admonished you. Is it one way or two way? 

Notice the Bible does not say be the Holy Spirit and force his will on others. Big difference. It's like you don't even know me. lol

• Members
2 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Thank you, but I asked what English standard you are using. Not everything I mention is all about you. Sometimes I'll mention myself and others to try and help you. Nevertheless, because something doesn't "seem" to fit does not make it in incorrect or inaccurate. If you re-read it, you'll notice that I used the pronoun "we" so it wasn't just talking about you, which then makes the statement grammatically correct according to the checkers I use. 

The issue is with the term "feel loving."

The use of "we" is often used to speak politely, but imply a person.

I had no idea what the sentence meant and so I asked.

• Members

I need to stop my interaction as it is in the middle of the night where I am. I'll read whatever you post when I get a chance. Also, if there is something that is really pressing that you wanted me to respond to, let me know and I will see if I can help.

God bless

• Administrators

Just cuz you didn't know does not make it incorrect. ?  Thank you for asking, even though it was under false assumption.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

I need to stop my interaction as it is in the middle of the night where I am. I'll read whatever you post when I get a chance. Also, if there is something that is really pressing that you wanted me to respond to, let me know and I will see if I can help.

God bless

Out of curiosity, are you just hear to just teach everyone or genuinely listen to all? TBH, you may not realize it, but you come across as someone who knows it all and will not listen to any admonishment. You seem talk about yourself a lot. 

have a good night. I've thoroughly enjoyed our conversations and am anxiously looking forward for tomorrow. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Just cuz you didn't know does not make it incorrect. ?  Thank you for asking, even though it was under false assumption.

Out of curiosity, are you just hear to just teach everyone or genuinely listen to all? TBH, you may not realize it, but you come across as someone who knows it all and will not listen to any admonishment. You seem talk about yourself a lot. 

have a good night. I've thoroughly enjoyed our conversations and am anxiously looking forward for tomorrow. 

In case you missed it, I did apologize, saying, "Sorry, to be clear, your use of English is correct in a certain context."

What you said now was rude, judgmental, and uncalled for. And, considering the forum is "Interacting with Love," it seems you are the one who will not listen to the admonishment in the opening comment. Also, "thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things" (Rom. 2:1).

On that note, I have changed my mind. I will leave our discussion completely and devote this forum to prayer. I have said enough.

God bless,

Rob

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

In case you missed it, I did apologize, saying, "Sorry, to be clear, your use of English is correct in a certain context."

What you said now was rude, judgmental, and uncalled for. And, considering the forum is "Interacting with Love," it seems you are the one who will not listen to the admonishment in the opening comment. Also, "thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things" (Rom. 2:1).

On that note, I have changed my mind. I will leave our discussion completely and devote this forum to prayer. I have said enough.

God bless,

Rob

Wow, I sincerely was asking a question based on our interactions, and I even mentioned how I felt so that you would understand where I was coming from in asking the question. You didn't answer the question instead, played a victim. My feelings don't count? IMO, not Christian love my friend, but I do appreciate the prayers...I need more God.

You said we are to warn but seems you do not to be warned. For the recorded, I did not leave this conversation, you're not the enemy. 

I never said you did apologize, so not not sure where that opening line came from. Have a great night, hope you'll reconsider our conversation. Iron sharpens Iron. 

• Members
On 4/28/2023 at 5:35 PM, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

...that being said, I wonder about and question your motivation, which is only natural considering the way you entered OnlineBaptist.com.

I have already answered about my motivation. Is my motivation an excuse for unChristlikeness? Or was that just a red herring?

I have no need for a “red herring.” And I don’t believe it’s unChristlike to question your motivation. No rudeness was involved, but being frank with you seems to be the order of business.

Your oft attempts to skirt the rules though others had tried to keep you on track, and then having to be told by moderators several times to cease and desist certain actions.

This, too, I have explained, and yet the accusation persists. You are judging me by assuming my motive was to "skirt the rules." It wasn't intentional. I am highly respectful of protocol and have always been willing to amend my ways.

It was clear, even in our private conversations, that you were trying to make excuses about how when you were "quoting" a source, you didn't have to use the KJV....sorry...that just didn't cut it. So, apparently, you're not as "highly respectful" of protocol as you state you are. You've also been quite lacking in protocol towards not only the moderators here but the administrator as well from what I have seen. From what I've seen you've only "amended" your ways when you've been called on it by a moderator. 

if you've been in ministry for that long of a period of time you would have developed a thicker skin and would have stopped showing the "victim" mentality which seems to be showing again in this post....unless, of course, I'm reading you wrong.

Should a thick skin be a prerequisite to the forum? I wonder how many have been chased away from here? Furthermore, you are casting doubt on my motive for this thread, or are you deflecting from your abuse by blaming the victim?

I wonder how much longer you're going to try and make excuses for yourself? I bet more have stayed than have left, and more have had less of a victim mentality than you have had since you've been here. You state that I am casting doubt on your motive for this thread...you're correct...I am, especially when in it you seem to be accusing others of exactly what you are doing, and then again...playing the victim...Believe me, Robert, you are no victim. I've not shown abuse, but, I have shown a willingness to stand up to your abuse of others and of the forum rules, and your continued "I am the victim" mentality. 

Remember, you aren't a Baptist, and this IS a Baptist board. That being said, @PastorMatt has allowed many people who aren't Baptist to be here. I don't think anyone objects to that. They do, however, object to unethical and unbiblical interpretations of scripture to fit one's own ideology.

I know my place and appreciate the forum and I don't believe anything I have presented is "unethical and unbiblical." Regardless, it remains incumbent on those who have other interpretations to interact in love.

To be honest, I see this as the pot calling the kettle black. It remains incumbent on you as a long term minister of the gospel to conduct yourself as Christ would, and I've seen very little of that from you. My pointing this out isn't hateful and isn't meant to be so. As I stated before several times, I have nothing against you personally. We may not agree on doctrine, and when doctrinal issues such as dispensationalism, which is a Baptist position for most of us is being attacked, I will "stand my ground," and defend it. 

May I make an honest suggestion here? You might want to go back over your OP and try to act accordingly before admonishing others to do so. I think they call that trying to tell others how to live while the beam in their own eye is blocking the view. 

Thank you. But I wrote it because several people needed to hear it.

Remove the beam from your own eye, brother, before you start in on all of us here. Maybe you need to be hearing and reading what you've written and applying it to your own life first. 

To be honest, Robert, I have nothing personal against you, and I never will. Your posting here has allowed many to start making their stands known, and their defense of the Bible a priority. That's always a good thing, since all have to study to come to the defense of scripture. 

That is exactly what I want and might be the best thing I have read since joining.

I want to sincerely ask why? Because it's complimentary to you instead of questioning you on motives and attacks on the doctrinal positions of most Baptists. Once again, this IS a Baptist site, and you yourself have stated you're not a Baptist, and you hold no denominational affiliation. 

I hope you have a great day, and that the Lord will use you to lead others to him. By the way, I don't recall you mentioning in any of your postings how many people you've witnessed to about the Lord Jesus Christ, or even how many you've possibly led to him. I think all here would be interested in knowing more about your approach to presenting Christ. 

The forums I have mostly been on have focused on other topics. My teaching is invariably evangelistic, but not here as I would be preaching to the choir. I try and take every opportunity to share the gospel, but have no idea of the results. Perhaps I will post some of my evangelistic posts on another forum. Btw, I went to retrieve something to attach but see that it needs to be made KJVO friendly.

I'm speaking for myself here, but I may be speaking for some others as well...I know I would be interesting in reading some of your evangelistic postings. 

• Members
On 4/28/2023 at 7:02 AM, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

Online Baptist has been one of the most unloving environments I've ever experienced in my 26 years of Christian ministry, which is sad, especially since Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35).

I, too, am far from perfect, but know we can do so much better. Here are some thoughts on how we can improve.

Be Aware of God’s Presence

Be mindful that we're always in God's presence, even in a discussion forum.

"And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear" (1 Peter 1:17).

"But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works" (Psalm 73:28).

Avoid Toxic Rhetoric

Rude and ungracious words are unChristlike. These often manifest when emotions are triggered and in retaliation. They are sometimes used as a form of bullying, especially when this gets condoned or overlooked by the group.

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth" (2 Tim. 2:24-25).

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger" (Prov. 15:1).

Avoid Being Judgmental

The Bible distinguishes between two forms of judging. They are distinguishable by one's attitude and intent. Assuming the worst and wanting to put the other person in their place is sinful. 

"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things" (Rom. 2:1).

Asking a question with an open heart prevents sinful judging and fosters loving dialogue.

Be Teachable

We're all disciples who only see in part. Foster a desire to learn rather than be right. Together, we can help each other see so much more.

"Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end" (Prov. 19:20).

Include God

When you feel incensed by someone's point, or even their apparent toxicity, avoid sinning by being prayerful and allowing God's Spirit to fill you with his love and wisdom.

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh" (Gal. 5:16).

This may lead to remaining silent, returning a kind answer, or rebuking someone, but at least it will be done with the intent to lovingly help rather than satisfy one's fleshly pride.

Final Exhortation

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers" (Eph. 4:29).

God's word is full of advice. Do you have any to add along with thoughts of your own?

Hey, you think this is bad you haven't been in many forums. This is mild compared to some theological forums I've been in.

But if you keep pasting heretical nonsense people will call you out on it. 

• Members
15 hours ago, SureWord said:

Hey, you think this is bad you haven't been in many forums. This is mild compared to some theological forums I've been in.

But if you keep pasting heretical nonsense people will call you out on it. 

Being confronted by others who hold to different doctrines is not a problem. But I will admonish any Christian for unChristlike behaviour (Rom. 15:14 KJV), regardless of who they are, or whether or not they regard my teaching heretical.

Edited by Dr. Robert S. Morley
Added "or"