• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Health plans here in America

TheGloryLand

• Members

It's still more affordable than some other places I know of. I know while my wife was out after her auto accident that EVERYTHING we got from her STD went to pay Cobra for our healthcare...and some of my monthly SS check as well was being spent to keep it. 

Have you ever thought of checking out Medi-Share? There are other Christian alternatives that work well, too. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 2/16/2023 at 5:46 PM, PastorMatt said:

Welcome to America 

I was calculating 30 years of employment with the government between them and myself, we have paid over a half million dollars in my and family healthcare. Today, I have no health plan, retired. Cannot afford one, to I reach 65?

• Members
Just now, TheGloryLand said:

I was calculating 30 years of employment with the government between them and myself, we have paid over a half million dollars in my and family healthcare. Today, I have no health plan, retired. Cannot afford one, to I reach 65?

Yes, healthcare is definitely changing. I just got a notification from our dentists office saying that their status with our dental insurance provider had changed and he is no longer considered a doctor but is now considered just a provider. They're still taking our insurance, but it has put a lot more restrictions on our dental care. Even our BCBS has changed in the last few months to shift more of the burden onto the subscribers. 

• Members
20 hours ago, SureWord said:

Back in February I got really sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. I didn't have insurance and my bill turned out around $9000. Fortunately, I'm a poor slob so the hospital paid it for me.

Sounds like the Democrat Plan.

No money, no pay, In an emergency I might have to do the same thing.

• Members
15 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Sounds like the Democrat Plan.

No money, no pay, In an emergency  might have to do the same thing.

Not a Democrat plan. All hospitals do it if your income is too low. It's basically charity for the poor. I didn't have any insurance because I quit my regular job and was getting paid a little money per day without insurance by my father's insurance to take care of him 24/7 on his dying bed. Insurance companies would rather have that than outside hospice care.

A few days after his funeral I had what the paramedics thought was a heart attack but it turned out to be my sugar was way too high. No job or insurance at the time.

I still have a $1700 bill from an outside medical establishment and probably a $4000 one coming in the mail for the ambulance ride.

People being broke isn't always because they are lazy, dumb or Democrats.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Ash is a certified fitness instructor, who works with youth, adults, and older adults living with mental and physical illnesses. He combines his skills and expertise in counseling, general health planning, yoga, and workout instruction to work alongside each person toward recovery.

• Members
22 minutes ago, healthyneg said:

Ash is a certified fitness instructor, who works with youth, adults, and older adults living with mental and physical illnesses. He combines his skills and expertise in counseling, general health planning, yoga, and workout instruction to work alongside each person toward recovery.

Most IFB and many SBC churches in the US will stay away from this because of the inclusion of Yoga.