• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Has anyone been to a baptism lately

TheGloryLand

• Members
On 8/15/2024 at 12:09 PM, TheGloryLand said:

When was the last time in a church service, you heard your preacher ask? 

The gospel has been preached, is there anyone here who accepted Christ as their personal savior, and would like to get baptized?

Sadly, this is becoming very rare… 🥲

How many services from IFB churches do you watch each day?  

My pastor preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ in nearly every sermon.  If you are not seeing this in your church, consider prayerfully moving to a congregation that does.

• Members
57 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

How many services from IFB churches do you watch each day?  

My pastor preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ in nearly every sermon.  If you are not seeing this in your church, consider prayerfully moving to a congregation that does.

The gospel is being preached, but many are forgetting the most important thing. To ask, if there is any lost soul here who would like to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior today. If this is not being asked? It is just a great Bible study being shared.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

The gospel is being preached, but many are forgetting the most important thing. To ask, if there is any lost soul here who would like to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior today. If this is not being asked? It is just a great Bible study being shared.

My husband invites folks forward during the invitation if they want to accept Christ. But he doesn't stop there. When we have new folks, he sits with them and talks privately with them about the state of their soul. This is, IMO, much more effective than asking folks to come forward if they want to be saved. Simply because many folks don't want to be singled out. Anyway, it's been almost a year since we had a baptism (there were 2 then), but as Joe said, our church is small. We witness, we invite, we share the Gospel. But if folks don't respond, it is not the fault of the church.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

I wasn't saved at an altar call.... just saying

That is not a problem, I visited New Testament Baptist Church Ct.  On a Sunday, pastor Stoddard preaches. But Saved during a follow-up visit on a weekday. 

Edited by TheGloryLand