• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baptist are Saved by Faith, and not by Works

TheGloryLand

• Members
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

We are missing the mark, if we think that we are the only ones right. We are up top with the true gospel. Can you share with me, what does the Bible mean, when the Word says, He Christ, is coming back for the seven churches. Could this mean that others also have the truth. Thanks for pointing things out, to help me.

Rev.1

1. [4] John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
  2. [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
  3. [20] The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of theseven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

• Members
2 minutes ago, E Morales said:

Rev.1

1. [4] John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
  2. [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
  3. [20] The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of theseven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 1 is not Jesus coming back for the seven churches, it is more a warning from Jesus to the seven churches. He is identifying their plusses and minuses.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

Revelation 1 is not Jesus coming back for the seven churches, it is more a warning from Jesus to the seven churches. He is identifying their plusses and minuses.

OK thank you, I am not trying to cause division here. But to tell you the truth sometimes I do feel pressure here from others. I could post a beautiful message and never get a heart reply here. 

• Members
5 hours ago, E Morales said:

Rev.1

Morales, where do you get Christ coming back for the seven churches? Have you ever truly STUDIED the Book of the Revelation in detail? If you had, you wouldn't be making the statements you're making. 

• Members

The 7 Churches of Revelation is a fascinating subject. While it's true they were 7 historical churches John wrote to it almost seems they can refer to future "churches" during the Tribulation. By churches, I mean a group of Tribulation saints enduring to the Second Coming of Christ not prior to the Rapture.

I also heard a message that each church can represent the spiritual condition a church during this age can find itself in. There are 7 types of churches we can find during this dispensation.

Then there's the controversial 7 church ages of the "dispensation of grace" with us presently being in Laodecian age. There is a lot of debate about this teaching but whether it is right or wrong it sure seems to fit well into church history if you study it out. 

• Members
20 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Morales, where do you get Christ coming back for the seven churches? Have you ever truly STUDIED the Book of the Revelation in detail? If you had, you wouldn't be making the statements you're making. 

Be nice BT I was not raised a preachers son. 

• Members
1 minute ago, E Morales said:

Be nice BT I was not raised a preachers son. 

Nor was I...that doesn't answer the question, and YOU opened yourself up to the question. We all would appreciate an explanation, please. 

• Members
4 hours ago, SureWord said:

While it's true they were 7 historical churches John wrote to it almost seems they can refer to future "churches" during the Tribulation. By churches, I mean a group of Tribulation saints enduring to the Second Coming of Christ not prior to the Rapture.

Your other points about the seven churches fit but not this. In chapter 1, Jesus said this:

Revelation 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

The things which thou hast seen - the vision of Christ in chapter 1

The things which are - the seven churches and the church age

The things which shall be after the church age, after the church is raptured away - chapter 4 onwards.

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

The seven year Tribulation period does not start until the first seal is broken in chapter 6, after the Lamb is given the book with seven seals. Therefore the church is no longer here for those events - they are caught up hither, they are taken out of the way so the man of sin can arise.

The seven churches are seven literal first century churches, that also picture any church or individual throughout history - someone will always fall somewhere into that spectrum, and the complete church age pictured to a tee by seven distinct eras (and historically it was only in this age of Laodicea that preachers began to see it as a picture of church history - which makes sense as Daniel was to be sealed until the time of the end, and likewise there are things we would not be able to see until we get closer to those events).

• Members
11 hours ago, Jerry said:

Your other points about the seven churches fit but not this. In chapter 1, Jesus said this:

Revelation 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

The things which shall be after the church age, after the church is raptured away - chapter 4 onwards.

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

The seven year Tribulation period does not start until the first seal is broken in chapter 6, after the Lamb is given the book with seven seals. Therefore the church is no longer here for those events - they are caught up hither, they are taken out of the way so the man of sin can arise.

The seven churches are seven literal first century churches, that also picture any church or individual throughout history - someone will always fall somewhere into that spectrum, and the complete church age pictured to a tee by seven distinct eras (and historically it was only in this age of Laodicea that preachers began to see it as a picture of church history - which makes sense as Daniel was to be sealed until the time of the end, and likewise there are things we would not be able to see until we get closer to those events).

My family and I just started a study of revelation that Pastor James Knox (Deland, FL) has up on YouTube (we are on video 7 of 130+). He notes an interesting "four-fold division" based upon the four times John is situated for viewing:

I. From Patmos he viewed the church age. 1:9 - 3:22

II. From Heaven he views the Tribulation - 4:1 - 17:2

III. From the wilderness he views God's destruction of the world powers and the end of all that offends - 17:3 - 21:9

IV. From as mountain he views eternity - 21:10 - 22:21.

This is a most interesting and relevant topic and perhaps worthy its own thread.

• Members
On 3/19/2022 at 9:17 PM, Jerry said:

John was "in the Spirit on the Lord's day" when he wrote that and he wasn't referring to Sunday.

I don't think Rev. 1-3 is gonna be tossed out by the Tribulation saints because it's supposedly only applies prior to the Rapture.