• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"REPLENISH" the earth.....

BrotherTony

• Members
Posted (edited)

replenish (v.)

mid-14c., replenishen, "provide" with food or drink, also riches, beauty, etc., from Old French repleniss-, extended present-participle stem of replenir "to fill up," from re-, here perhaps an intensive prefix based on the notion of "fill repeatedly," thus "fill completely" (see re-), + -plenir, from Latin plenus "full" (from PIE root *pele- (1) "to fill").

Specifically as "to fill up again, restore to a former amount or condition" by 1610s. Related: Replenished; replenishing; replenishment.

And here's the link to the prefix "re"  https://www.etymonline.com/word/re-

I'm not convinced either way. Evil did exist before man sinned, otherwise God would not have  "known good and evil" and the serpent would not have been an evil entity to have tempted Eve. And "death" was a known concept, otherwise the serpent and Eve would not have discussed it. The Bible says that death passed upon Adam and Eve.. I don't recall reading where it says that animals had not yet died. I'm just curious as to what happened to all them "dinosaurs". Except for crocodilians, they were completely annihilated long ago and I don't believe any of them were on the ark.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

The Bible teaches by man came death. At the end of creation week, there was no evil in the universe. God declared all He had made very good.

All the angels rejoiced on day three - when the foundations of the earth were laid - Job 38:7 - which meant none had fallen yet. You can also see the same order of events of creation week (as shown in Job 38) presented the same way in Psalm 104.

Satan walked in Eden before he fell - Ezekiel 28:13 - and Eden was not created until day 6.

Nowhere does the Bible state Adam and Eve fully understood how death would affect things, only that it was promised as a judgement if they sinned.

Satan fell sometime after creation week, then he later tempted Eve and Adam; and their sin resulted in death, the curse, etc. being brought on creation, including all biological life. Romans 5 is very clear on that.

• Members
6 hours ago, heartstrings said:

replenish (v.)

mid-14c., replenishen, "provide" with food or drink, also riches, beauty, etc., from Old French repleniss-, extended present-participle stem of replenir "to fill up," from re-, here perhaps an intensive prefix based on the notion of "fill repeatedly," thus "fill completely" (see re-), + -plenir, from Latin plenus "full" (from PIE root *pele- (1) "to fill").

Specifically as "to fill up again, restore to a former amount or condition" by 1610s. Related: Replenished; replenishing; replenishment.

And here's the link to the prefix "re"  https://www.etymonline.com/word/re-

I'm not convinced either way. Evil did exist before man sinned, otherwise God would not have  "known good and evil" and the serpent would not have been an evil entity to have tempted Eve. And "death" was a known concept, otherwise the serpent and Eve would not have discussed it. The Bible says that death passed upon Adam and Eve.. I don't recall reading where it says that animals had not yet died. I'm just curious as to what happened to all them "dinosaurs". Except for crocodilians, they were completely annihilated long ago and I don't believe any of them were on the ark.

Dinosaurs on the ark never made sense to me. Why save the dinosaurs if they were just gonna die right away due to climate change. Either they were an abomination created in Genesis 6 or perhaps prior between Genesis 1:1-2 and were wiped out during Lucifer's rebellion. Incidentally, Satan is compared to a dragon aka dinosaur.

• Members

Job and Psalms refer to several dinosaurs  after the flood. Man walked with dinosaurs. They were not killed due to any disaster, but were a threat or a source of hunting for man and man caught and killed them over hundreds or thousands of years. There are pictures and drawings of various creatures men killed during the dark ages; therefore men encountered them and fought them even since the time of Christ. All may be killed off now.

• Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Job and Psalms refer to several dinosaurs  after the flood. Man walked with dinosaurs. They were not killed due to any disaster, but were a threat or a source of hunting for man and man caught and killed them over hundreds or thousands of years. There are pictures and drawings of various creatures men killed during the dark ages; therefore men encountered them and fought them even since the time of Christ. All may be killed off now.

Yes, the Bible mentions dragons, behemoths, leviathans and unicorns. But, curiously, it never mentions things like jackals, elephants, crocodiles, or the rhinoceros which were once indigenous to the Middle East and even Israel itself. Is that because it really does mention them by other names, like, they were once called dragons, behemoths, leviathans and unicorns? I don't know for sure though I do suspect so. But no one can not honestly say that the Bible mentions dinosaurs. Ancient peoples also drew pictures, made carvings and sculptures of animals with human parts and humans with animal parts, horses with wings, horses with horns in their foreheads, snakes with wings, lions with wings, half man-half horses and all kinds of fanciful stuff, But that doesn't mean those things existed.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Jerry said:

The Bible teaches by man came death. At the end of creation week, there was no evil in the universe. God declared all He had made very good. Agreed.  

All the angels rejoiced on day three - when the foundations of the earth were laid - Job 38:7 - which meant none had fallen yet. You can also see the same order of events of creation week (as shown in Job 38) presented the same way in Psalm 104. Job 38:7 calls them "sons of God", angels cannot be "sons of God" (Hebrews 1:5) Therefore, since Job 38 says "all the sons of God", and since "sons of God" are human believers, this cannot be an event taking place during the creation week.

Satan walked in Eden before he fell - Ezekiel 28:13 - and Eden was not created until day 6. Ok, but he still "fell" before Adam and Eve did.

Nowhere does the Bible state Adam and Eve fully understood how death would affect things, only that it was promised as a judgement if they sinned. 

Satan fell sometime after creation week, then he later tempted Eve and Adam; and their sin resulted in death, the curse, etc. being brought on creation, including all biological life. Romans 5 is very clear on that. Agreed. Like I said He became evil and fell, tempted Eve, then she/Adam sinned. 123 timeline: evil existed at some point/time in the universe before man sinned

Edited by heartstrings