Jump to content
Online Baptist

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel


Recommended Posts

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel


Zechariah 14:1-5
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.


(((At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth)))


3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Revelation 12:13-16
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.


((When the army of antichrist follows Israel down the valley, the mountain will close and swallow the army as the Red Sea swallowed the army of Eygpt))

15
And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

((When the lamb (Lord) comes to Israel she will flee to the river ford on the Arnon River which is 1/3 of the way south on the Jordan side of the Dead Sea.))

Isaiah 16:1-5
1 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.
2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.
3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.
4Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, its really odd to be on a forum where there are people who actually embrace a Seven Year Tribulation. These days even if one acknowledges a Tribulation at all, they render it only to a 3 1/2

Sure! Ezekiel 38:1  Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Not at all. The overwhelming majority of these people were moved into the are during the various land grabs since the establishment of the modern nation of Israel. Prior to the return of Jews to

  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Eze 21:25  And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, 
26  Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. 
27  I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him. 
28  And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering: 
29  Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end. 
30  Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity. 
31  And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy. 
32  Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it. 

..According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Isaiah 33:14-20

 

14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

( the righteous Jews that flee to the River Arnon in Jordan will have water and bread through the last half of the Tribulation (maybe mana as in the wilderness.)

16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

17 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

18 Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?

19 Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand.

20 Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:07 AM, Eric Stahl said:

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel

(((At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth)))
3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

 

 

 Hi Eric,

I am looking at this statement you have made  -

(At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth.)

 I believe it occurs at the end of the tribulation. To me the context tells us that the Lord comes down when He will fight against all those nations that come against Israel and Jerusalem.

`For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; ......` (Zech. 14: 2)

What do you think? Marilyn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On 1/31/2018 at 11:05 PM, Marilyn C said:

 Hi Eric,

I am looking at this statement you have made  -

(At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth.)

 I believe it occurs at the end of the tribulation. To me the context tells us that the Lord comes down when He will fight against all those nations that come against Israel and Jerusalem.

`For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; ......` (Zech. 14: 2)

What do you think? Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C

I am honored for your post since you have only a few post.

Revelation 12:12-17

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

 

(she is Israel and and she will flee to the wilderness for a time (1 year) and times (2 years) and half a time (half a year) or the last half of the tribulation.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

 

Does this make sense?

Also

Revelation 11:1-2

1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Edited by Eric Stahl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Hi Eric,

You are talking one of my favourite topics (besides the Lord Himself) - His purposes. Yes I agree with scripture there bro. (Of course) However I thought you were saying that the Lord came down to earth personally mid-trib to look after Israel. I agree He does look after them, (how else would they survive) but I do not see any scripture saying He comes down to earth at that time.

Have I misunderstood you, bro?

Marilyn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

You are talking one of my favourite topics (besides the Lord Himself) - His purposes. Yes I agree with scripture there bro. (Of course) However I thought you were saying that the Lord came down to earth personally mid-trib to look after Israel. I agree He does look after them, (how else would they survive) but I do not see any scripture saying He comes down to earth at that time.

Have I misunderstood you, bro?

Marilyn.

Marilyn.

When the army of antichrist comes to Jerusalem The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to split it so Israel can flee to Jordan to the river ford on the Arnon River. (Isaiah 16:1-5) When the army  follows the Jews the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea. (Revelation 12:15-16)

 

Zechariah 14:1-4

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
3 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn.

When the army of antichrist comes to Jerusalem The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to split it so Israel can flee to Jordan to the river ford on the Arnon River. (Isaiah 16:1-5) When the army  follows the Jews the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea. (Revelation 12:15-16)

 

Zechariah 14:1-4

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Hi Eric,

Interesting thought there, however I do not see how you can connect Zech. 14 with Isaiah 16. Zechariah 14 is the specific day of the Lord when He comes to the Mount of Olives, (as we both know). So you have to be more specific to identify Isa. 16 and Rev. 12.

regards, Marilyn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Interesting thought there, however I do not see how you can connect Zech. 14 with Isaiah 16. Zechariah 14 is the specific day of the Lord when He comes to the Mount of Olives, (as we both know). So you have to be more specific to identify Isa. 16 and Rev. 12.

regards, Marilyn.

Israel will only flee one time. Revelation 12:15-16 says there will be a time,times and half a time or 3,5 years after Israel flees. Zechariah 14:1-5a are mid tribulation and 14:5b looks forward to the end of the tribulation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
13 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Israel will only flee one time. Revelation 12:15-16 says there will be a time,times and half a time or 3,5 years after Israel flees. Zechariah 14:1-5a are mid tribulation and 14:5b looks forward to the end of the tribulation.

Hi Eric,

`Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; the city shall be taken, the houses rifled, and the women ravished. Half the city shall go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle. And in that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, from east to west, making a very large valley; half of the mountain shall move towards the north and half of it towards the south.

Then you shall flee through my mountain valley, for the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.` (Zech. 14: 1 - 5a)

So looking at the above scripture what shows to you that it is mid-trib? Oh I`ve just re-read your other post. So this is what you said -

When the army of antichrist comes to Jerusalem The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to split it so Israel can flee to Jordan to the river ford on the Arnon River. (Isaiah 16:1-5) When the army  follows the Jews the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea. (Revelation 12:15-16)

I don`t see any connection between Isa 16: 1 - 5. The Lord is the one who deals with the armies of the world, not the mount of Olives. The Lord speaks the word and the flesh of the armies melts from off their bodies.  (Zech. 14: 12 - 15  & Rev. 19: 15)

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

`Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; the city shall be taken, the houses rifled, and the women ravished. Half the city shall go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle. And in that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, from east to west, making a very large valley; half of the mountain shall move towards the north and half of it towards the south.

Then you shall flee through my mountain valley, for the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.` (Zech. 14: 1 - 5a)

So looking at the above scripture what shows to you that it is mid-trib? Oh I`ve just re-read your other post. So this is what you said -

When the army of antichrist comes to Jerusalem The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to split it so Israel can flee to Jordan to the river ford on the Arnon River. (Isaiah 16:1-5) When the army  follows the Jews the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea. (Revelation 12:15-16)

I don`t see any connection between Isa 16: 1 - 5. The Lord is the one who deals with the armies of the world, not the mount of Olives. The Lord speaks the word and the flesh of the armies melts from off their bodies.  (Zech. 14: 12 - 15  & Rev. 19: 15)

regards, Marilyn.

Isaiah 16:1-5 tells us that the fleeing Jews will go to the the river Arnon on the east side of the dead sea.

When Moses led the Jews over the Red Sea and the army Egypt followed. The sea swallowed the army of Eygpt as the Mount of Olives will swallow the army of antichrist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro Eric, I don't see this happening in the verse you gave in Revelation: "the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea."

Did you make a mistake in your reference?

Zechariah 1-4 and Revelation 12:15-16 are describing the same event. Mount of olives and the earth are the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Zechariah 1-4 and Revelation 12:15-16 are describing the same event. Mount of olives and the earth are the same.

Hi Eric,

So are you saying when we read the word `earth` then that means the mount of Olives - I don`t think so bro. God is not vague, but very specific. If God means Mount of Olives He says so, if He means the earth, then that is what he says.

Marilyn.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

So are you saying when we read the word `earth` then that means the mount of Olives - I don`t think so bro. God is not vague, but very specific. If God means Mount of Olives He says so, if He means the earth, then that is what he says.

Marilyn.

 

Marilyn,

Would you please explain these verses.

Revelation 12:15-16

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Revelation 12:14

The woman (Israel) flees to her place in the wilderness...where she will stay for the next 3 1/2 years.

Revelation 12:15

As the woman flees to her place, the dragon casts out a flood after her...to try and carry her away while she is fleeing...there are still 3 1/2 years to go.

Revelation 12:16

The earth opens her mouth and swallows the flood...as the woman is fleeing to her place...there are still 3 1/2 years to go. 

Revelation 12:17

This dragon is angry with the woman. She has escaped from him, so he goes to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ...for the remaining 3 1/2 years.

The Mount of Olives is split when the Lord comes down at the end of those 3 1/2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
54 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Revelation 12:14

The woman (Israel) flees to her place in the wilderness...where she will stay for the next 3 1/2 years.

Revelation 12:15

As the woman flees to her place, the dragon casts out a flood after her...to try and carry her away while she is fleeing...there are still 3 1/2 years to go.

Revelation 12:16

The earth opens her mouth and swallows the flood...as the woman is fleeing to her place...there are still 3 1/2 years to go. 

Revelation 12:17

This dragon is angry with the woman. She has escaped from him, so he goes to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ...for the remaining 3 1/2 years.

The Mount of Olives is split when the Lord comes down at the end of those 3 1/2 years.

Why would Israel have to flee at the end of the tribulation if Jesus is there when the Mount of olives is split? I believe they flee in the middle of the 7 year tribulation and are protected for a time,times,and half a time.

Edited by Eric Stahl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
1 hour ago, Eric Stahl said:

Why would Israel have to flee at the end of the tribulation if Jesus is there when the Mount of olives is split? I believe they flee in the middle of the 7 year tribulation and are protected for a time,times,and half a time.

What? I don't think you read my post correctly? My entire post attested to Israel fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you are saying that when the Mount of Olives is split, that's also the event that swallows the flood sent by the dragon. The flood sent by the dragon happens as Israel is fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period. The splitting of the Mount of Olives happens at the end of the tribulation period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
5 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

What? I don't think you read my post correctly? My entire post attested to Israel fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you are saying that when the Mount of Olives is split, that's also the event that swallows the flood sent by the dragon. The flood sent by the dragon happens as Israel is fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period. The splitting of the Mount of Olives happens at the end of the tribulation period.

Antichrist takes Jerusalem at mid tribulation. The Lord splits the mount of olives so Israel can flee from his army. When Jesus comes down at the end of the tribulation the saints come too.

 

Revelation 1-2

1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
54 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Antichrist takes Jerusalem at mid tribulation. The Lord splits the mount of olives so Israel can flee from his army. When Jesus comes down at the end of the tribulation the saints come too.

 

Revelation 1-2

1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Just to be clear, are you saying that the splitting of the Mount of Olives in Zechariah 14 takes place at the mid-point of the tribulation period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
10 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Would you please explain these verses.

Revelation 12:15-16

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Hi Eric,

God`s word tells us that the dragon is Satan and he would try to get rid of the people of Israel. Then we know that there is placed (midway thr` trib) in the Jewish temple an abomination. Jesus, Himself tells the people of Israel to flee at that time to the mountains. That is where they go to Bozrah in Edom, (Isa. 63: 1 & 2) The armies of the A/C do try and follow but obviously the people of Israel are hidden in the mountains.

Then at the end of the trib, when the Lord`s feet touches the Mount of Olives and it splits in two then as we know there is a great valley created. At that time the world`s armies had been killing and looting in the city of Jerusalem, so some of the people of Israel that were still in the city will be able to escape through the valley the Lord created. They do not know at that time that it is the Lord, for they are being hunted down.

`Half the city will go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.....the mount of Olives shall be split in two.....you shall flee through my mountain valley,.....` (Zech. 14: 2, 4 & 5)

regards, Marilyn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Just to be clear, are you saying that the splitting of the Mount of Olives in Zechariah 14 takes place at the mid-point of the tribulation period.

Yes And that is when the devil is cast to earth and Israel flees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On 2/5/2018 at 9:36 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

Okay. Thank you.

Also the Lord will split the mount and they flee. Later the Lord shall come with the saints.

Zechariah 14:5

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:

and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Edited by Eric Stahl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

God`s word tells us that the dragon is Satan and he would try to get rid of the people of Israel. Then we know that there is placed (midway thr` trib) in the Jewish temple an abomination. Jesus, Himself tells the people of Israel to flee at that time to the mountains. That is where they go to Bozrah in Edom, (Isa. 63: 1 & 2) The armies of the A/C do try and follow but obviously the people of Israel are hidden in the mountains.

Then at the end of the trib, when the Lord`s feet touches the Mount of Olives and it splits in two then as we know there is a great valley created. At that time the world`s armies had been killing and looting in the city of Jerusalem, so some of the people of Israel that were still in the city will be able to escape through the valley the Lord created. They do not know at that time that it is the Lord, for they are being hunted down.

`Half the city will go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.....the mount of Olives shall be split in two.....you shall flee through my mountain valley,.....` (Zech. 14: 2, 4 & 5)

regards, Marilyn. 

Marilyn,

Jesus the Lamb will come to the Mount of Olives and tell the survivors of Moab to let the fleeing Jews stay with them at the river ford on the Arnon River. Jesus will sit on the throne of David.

Isaiah 16:1-5

1Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.

3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.

4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.

5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Edited by Eric Stahl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
8 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Jesus the Lamb will come to the Mount of Olives and tell the survivors of Moab to let the fleeing Jews stay with them at the river ford on the Arnon River. Jesus will sit on the throne of David.

Isaiah 16:1-5

1Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.

3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.

4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.

5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Hi Eric,

Isaiah 16 concerns a different time in Israel`s history when Moab was being judged. God then goes to the final time when His throne would be established. There is quite a space between those events as the first part has happened and the second is yet to come. Just as in Isaiah 61: 2, there is a gap between the `acceptable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance.`

So when the Lord comes to the Mount of Olives we read that He goes FIRST to the house of Judah, and then to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. It is then that the Holy Spirit opens their eyes and they realise who the Lord is.

`The Lord will save the tents of Judah, FIRST, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.........and I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; they will mourn for him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for him as one grieves for a first-born.`

In that day there shall be a great mourning in JERUSALEM.` (Zech. 12: 7, 10 & 11)

 

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
56 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Isaiah 16 concerns a different time in Israel`s history when Moab was being judged. God then goes to the final time when His throne would be established. There is quite a space between those events as the first part has happened and the second is yet to come. Just as in Isaiah 61: 2, there is a gap between the `acceptable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance.`

So when the Lord comes to the Mount of Olives we read that He goes FIRST to the house of Judah, and then to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. It is then that the Holy Spirit opens their eyes and they realise who the Lord is.

`The Lord will save the tents of Judah, FIRST, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.........and I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; they will mourn for him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for him as one grieves for a first-born.`

In that day there shall be a great mourning in JERUSALEM.` (Zech. 12: 7, 10 & 11)

 

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Zechariah 12 is the time of the Psalm 83 war that will happen before the Ezekiel 38 war.

Yes the Lamb comes to Israel first at the middle of the tribulation Isaiah16:1-4 and to the temple at the end of the tribulation Isaiah16:5.

Edited by Eric Stahl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
29 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Zechariah 12 is the time of the Psalm 83 war that will happen before the Ezekiel 38 war.

Yes the Lamb comes to Israel first at the middle of the tribulation Isaiah16:1-4 and to the temple at the end of the tribulation Isaiah16:5.

Bro Eric,

Ps. 83 was the 6 day war & has already happened. Could be a good topic for another thread. Ezekiel`s war is just on the horizon, and another good topic to explore. Now as per Zech. 12 we can see from the context that the Lord is referring to `that day, ` the specific day of the Lord when He comes to the Mount of Olives at the end of the trib. 

regards, Marilyn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
On 2/6/2018 at 5:49 PM, Marilyn C said:

Bro Eric,

Ps. 83 was the 6 day war & has already happened. Could be a good topic for another thread. Ezekiel`s war is just on the horizon, and another good topic to explore. Now as per Zech. 12 we can see from the context that the Lord is referring to `that day, ` the specific day of the Lord when He comes to the Mount of Olives at the end of the trib. 

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

V 12 At the time of the 6 day war the Arabs had the temple.

V13-15 This will be the effects of a nuclear bomb when Israel burns its neighbors.

V 18 Will happen after the tribulation.

The great tribulation will start in the middle of the 7 years of Jacob's trouble. Daniel 12:1-3, Revelation 12:7-17, Zechariah 14:1-5

Psalm 83:12-18

12 Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.

13 O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.

14 As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;

15 So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.

16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.

17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:

18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

 

Zechariah 12:9-14

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will po14ur upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

 

(I believe when half of the people of Israel go into captivity that the women and children will be taken to the land of the eagle) and the men will stay to fight at the time of war of Ezekiel 38.

Revelation 12:13-14

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Edited by Eric Stahl
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, Eric Stahl said:

 

Zechariah 12:9-14

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will po14ur upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

 

(I believe when half of the people of Israel go into captivity that the women and children will be taken to the land of the eagle) and the men will stay to fight at the time of war of Ezekiel 38.

Revelation 12:13-14

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

Hi Eric,

`And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem` (Zech. 12: 10 & 11)

Here we see that the Lord has gone into Jerusalem and shown Himself to the people of Israel. They realise that He is their Messiah and mourn for Him. They mourn IN JERUSALEM. Now that CANNOT happen in the middle of the tribulation because we are told in God`s word that the anti-Christ, (the lawless one) sets up the abomination of desolation in their temple. When Jesus was on earth He even told them that when they see that  - `to flee.` (Matt. 24: 15 - 22) Thus they are not mourning but fleeing in the middle of the trib,  while at the end of the trib, they will mourn when the Lord Jesus Christ comes in power and great glory and reveals Himself to them.

Big time difference there bro, Marilyn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

`And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem` (Zech. 12: 10 & 11)

Here we see that the Lord has gone into Jerusalem and shown Himself to the people of Israel. They realise that He is their Messiah and mourn for Him. They mourn IN JERUSALEM. Now that CANNOT happen in the middle of the tribulation because we are told in God`s word that the anti-Christ, (the lawless one) sets up the abomination of desolation in their temple. When Jesus was on earth He even told them that when they see that  - `to flee.` (Matt. 24: 15 - 22) Thus they are not mourning but fleeing in the middle of the trib,  while at the end of the trib, they will mourn when the Lord Jesus Christ comes in power and great glory and reveals Himself to them.

Big time difference there bro, Marilyn.

Ezekiel 39:6-8

6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

(When the fire falls on Russia and America Israel will know it is the Lord and they will never turn away from God again.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...