• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Here A Good One" Can I Clap My Hands In Your Church?

The Glory Land

• Moderators

I am not Pentecostal or charismatic,  but when raise my hand or hands in a group for a special need, with other members at the same time, praying for the same cause, I feel the power of the spirit at work. This is not to practice every day or week. Only for certain special needs, done too often there will be no power of the spirit. Why? Because then you will be putting your trust in the wrong thing.

Not to jump on you, GL, but I don't think raising hands affects the Spirit's working. He is working constantly - whether we 'feel' Him or not. We don't 'make' Him work by raising or laying on hands. :wink

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I know, and I think I know the feeling you're talking about. From past experience. :wink  You raise your hands, others do, and this atmosphere comes that you can just feel God moving. Frankly, I'm not too sure how to process that now, except that... the Bible doesn't say that we 'feel' God working. I also know that feelings are very subjective and easily influenced by outside influences - music, atmosphere - and Satan.  Putting those two thoughts together, well, I'm not sure that I'd flat out say that such 'feelings of God's working' are completely false - but I am learning not to rely on those feelings to be sure of God's presence. Because if all I've got to work on is a feeling I haven't got anything at all. Rather, it's the promises of God in His Word that I need to rely on.

If that makes any sense at all...

• Members

Not to jump on you, GL, but I don't think raising hands affects the Spirit's working. He is working constantly - whether we 'feel' Him or not. We don't 'make' Him work by raising or laying on hands. :wink

Me neither, I believe we have had some Pentecostal move into the Baptist Churches & are spreading the ways of the Pentecostals throughout Baptist Churches.

Even now the SBC is having problems of some of their churches & pastors speaking in & defending tongues.

• Members
Psalm 150

1Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

2Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

3Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

4Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

5Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

6Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

There will be alot more feeling in heavens worship then many people expect. We are to sing songs and praises to each other from the heart!

Archived