• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pastor Demands Removal Of Board Member

• Moderators

I should have said "What would happen if a Christian posted such remarks on a homosexuals Facebook page?" 

What would happen if a Christian posted that being a homosexual was an abomination? And of course the Bible says that very thing.

Le 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Le 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

What would the reaction be if the Christians posted on a homosexuals go to Hell? And of course the Bible says that very thing.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Yet it seems most homosexuals claims there's nothing in the Bible against being a homosexual.

You'd get your comment deleted and possibly banned from FB.

• Members

No, I am not against delivering the message of Christ to people at all.

I am just very confused as to why this pastor felt threatened.  He probably tells people they deserve hell all the time.  Yet when someone says he deserves hell, he feels threatened.  

I do believe many Christians take a stance against gay people in a very unloving manner that alienates them from God rather than drawing them to Christ.  

Christians should defend the  truth of scripture but in an unconditional loving way because we ourselves are also unlovable.

The truth and the law is likened unto a mirror.  Many will hate the messenger but really it is Christ they hate.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 

• Members

Christians should defend the  truth of scripture but in an unconditional loving way because we ourselves are also unlovable.

The truth and the law is likened unto a mirror.  Many will hate the messenger but really it is Christ they hate.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 

Your right, but it seems many of the homosexuals feels its hate to tell them they're sinning against God. That is to tell them what the Bible says about this sin, & those who do this will not inherit Heaven. No matter how you present it to them.

• Members

How do you counter witnessing when you get the reply "they were just born this way"?

I typically point out that we are all born sinners, some are more prone to certain sins than others, but no matter the sin, we each have a choice as to whether we give in to the temptation to sin or not.

We all stand equal before God, condemned for our sins, and we stand equal before God in that He offers salvation for all who will turn from their sins (repentance), accept His Son and follow Him. I typically put it in some form of this manner, with explanation where necessary, to differentiate between the unbiblical approach many have heard which says God is love (which He is) so God accepts us as we are (which He does, in as far as we can come to Him as we are, but if we want to be right with God we can't remain as we are), so they have been told they can be right with God without turning from their sinfulness, that they can be born again, be heaven bound Christians, right in the sight of God, and continue living as a homosexual and God accepts that and it's not sin. This is something that's commonly taught, and many homosexuals have heard, and that we must address.

Those homosexuals who have soft hearts the Holy Ghost is trying to call out to, will generally at least give a listen to us as we present the Gospel in this manner, speaking kindly and with the love of Christ.

More militant homosexuals typically have hardened hearts, they are not open to the Spirit's calling out to them, they are not interested in what we have to say, what Scripture says, what God thinks, they are only looking for a fight. These are the ones to move on from for anything we say to them is like casting pearls before swine for they will trample whatever we say into the muck of their sinful delusions.

Archived