• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should pictures of Osama with fatal injury be shown?

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should pictures of Osama Bin Laden be shown?

• Members

Maybe this is what God wanted to happen to Bin Laden.
None of us can sit back here and say that this was or was not God's will for Osama. It is just guesses at this point.

Oh yest we can, God's wishes are very clear.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

To say other wise would be to contradict God, and His written Word. So how can anyone say or even think, that its God's will for any man to die in their sins?

No guessing on my point, its right from the Bible.

• Members

Jerry#s

Jesus died for every person who lived or ever will live. But There comes a time when that person's day of grace is over.

Proverbs 17:11 An evil [man] seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him.

Proverbs 29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth [his] neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Judges 3:
14So the children of Israel served Eglon the king of Moab eighteen years.

15But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.

16But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.

17And he brought the present unto Eglon king of Moab: and Eglon was a very fat man.

18And when he had made an end to offer the present, he sent away the people that bare the present.

19But he himself turned again from the quarries that were by Gilgal, and said, I have a secret errand unto thee, O king: who said, Keep silence. And all that stood by him went out from him.

20And Ehud came unto him; and he was sitting in a summer parlour, which he had for himself alone. And Ehud said, I have a message from God unto thee. And he arose out of his seat.

21And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:

22And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.

23Then Ehud went forth through the porch, and shut the doors of the parlour upon him, and locked them.

24When he was gone out, his servants came; and when they saw that, behold, the doors of the parlour were locked, they said, Surely he covereth his feet in his summer chamber.

25And they tarried till they were ashamed: and, behold, he opened not the doors of the parlour; therefore they took a key, and opened them: and, behold, their lord was fallen down dead on the earth.

• Members

Yes, God loved Osama Bin Laden and Jesus died for his sins. and God gave him how many years to repent after 911? Ten? Sirs the man is already dead now...he sinned away his day of grace. Judgement time. He died because his "time" had come. The real sad part of it all is that if he didn't get saved, he is burning in Hell right now. None of that changes the fact that justice was served by our government. God ordained it that way: If you, even being a Chrsitian, murder ONE person,, you should and may get the death penalty. This man was responsible for the deaths of thousands.

That highlighted warning ...

I'm not a hypercalvinist, and I do believe the LORD when he says Eze 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: [and] not that he should return from his ways, and live?

I do NOT believe that God loved/loves OBL, nor that Jesus died for his sins. This word applies to ALL Act 17:30 ... God ... now commandeth all men every where to repent: & no-one is excluded from that everlasting Gospel command. Rev 14:6 ¶ And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

I do not doubt the sincerity of the Gospel call: Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. There are no pre-conditions for coming as a sinner to Jesus. BUT Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Will the everlasting love of God be poured out on the sinners in hell? Are those for whom Jesus shed his redeeming blood now pleading with God from the depths of hell, "Jesus died for me & my sins. Jesus loves me & shed his blood to save me. Christians acknowledge their own unworthiness, & plead the redeeming blood of Jesus. How can you reject me - a sinner for whom Jesus died? Is hell the expression of the everlasting love of an unchanging God?"

• Members

Covenanter....it is true that Jesus died for the sins of the world. Its in Scripture. However, only those who accept him actually have those sins paid for, obviously....

There's really a lot of semantics that can go on, people saying different things to explain one doctrine that is actually something human minds cannot comprehend fully until heaven. I basically agree with you, but not with some of your semantics, if that makes sense. The Bible does say Jesus died for the WORLD. But obviously his death cannot cover those who choose not to accept it. The rest of this post is basically adding to Covenanter, and replying to those who believe Bin Laden should not have been killed......

In the Old Testament...God hardened Pharaoh's heart....does that mean Pharaoh never had a chance to repent? I don't believe that...but I do believe that Pharaoh was so wicked that God in his foreknowledge knew he hated God....and for the purpose of the Israelite plagues, God hardened his heart so that all ten plagues could be sent. Even at the end he "repented" but not of sin, only of his decision, and changed his mind right back to sin again. I believe there was probably a certain time he could have been saved, earlier on....but then he gave up that chance for his wickedness.

I believe there are wicked people in the world that are hardened and God knows in his foreknowledge they would never get saved. Its not Calvinism because WE do not know who will get saved and we extend the chance to everyone...Jesus DID die for the whole world, that's clear. On the other hand, God also teaches the death penalty and criminals deserve death, and always have.

Jesus never condemned the government for killing the two thieves next to Him on the cross. There was never any question in the Bible that those thieves deserved their death. "Only" thieves!!!!!!! The Bible in several places contrasts Jesus as being undeserving, while the other two were criminals who deserved their punishment...only thieves! And Bin Laden was a mass murderer! I'm sorry to those who are using Scripture for their lovey-dovey Christianity but there is no question in my mind that God approves of the final justice of Bin Laden, especially in light of his hate and murder of Jews.

• Members

Covenanter....it is true that Jesus died for the sins of the world. Its in Scripture. However, only those who accept him actually have those sins paid for, obviously....

There's really a lot of semantics that can go on, people saying different things to explain one doctrine that is actually something human minds cannot comprehend fully until heaven. I basically agree with you, but not with some of your semantics, if that makes sense. The Bible does say Jesus died for the WORLD. But obviously his death cannot cover those who choose not to accept it. The rest of this post is basically adding to Covenanter, and replying to those who believe Bin Laden should not have been killed......

In the Old Testament...God hardened Pharaoh's heart....does that mean Pharaoh never had a chance to repent? I don't believe that...but I do believe that Pharaoh was so wicked that God in his foreknowledge knew he hated God....and for the purpose of the Israelite plagues, God hardened his heart so that all ten plagues could be sent. Even at the end he "repented" but not of sin, only of his decision, and changed his mind right back to sin again. I believe there was probably a certain time he could have been saved, earlier on....but then he gave up that chance for his wickedness.

I believe there are wicked people in the world that are hardened and God knows in his foreknowledge they would never get saved. Its not Calvinism because WE do not know who will get saved and we extend the chance to everyone...Jesus DID die for the whole world, that's clear. On the other hand, God also teaches the death penalty and criminals deserve death, and always have.

Jesus never condemned the government for killing the two thieves next to Him on the cross. There was never any question in the Bible that those thieves deserved their death. "Only" thieves!!!!!!! The Bible in several places contrasts Jesus as being undeserving, while the other two were criminals who deserved their punishment...only thieves! And Bin Laden was a mass murderer! I'm sorry to those who are using Scripture for their lovey-dovey Christianity but there is no question in my mind that God approves of the final justice of Bin Laden, especially in light of his hate and murder of Jews.

Depending on the issue those "lovey-dovey" change their opinions. So, they may be this today but wade through the posts and you'll see.

I never said OBL didn't deserve death. He deserves death and the result of his rejection of Jesus Christ. I do wonder about those pictures. First, I thought it would be bad to publish pictures of OBL. Now, I'm having second thoughts.

Those second thoughts come from "father government" doing what is best for their children. I never have liked the U.S. Gov. telling me what is good or bad for me. Most of the time they call good... bad and bad they call good. Isn't there scripture for that? Oh, Isa. 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

• Members

I'm not a hypercalvinist...

No, you're a sedated Calvinist. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh yest we can, God's wishes are very clear.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

To say other wise would be to contradict God, and His written Word. So how can anyone say or even think, that its God's will for any man to die in their sins?

No guessing on my point, its right from the Bible.

Yes, it's not God's will for anyone to go to Hell.

However, if you're going to take the Bible as a whole there's some other things you can't ignore:

1. God directly kills lost people all the time in the Bible.
2. God has told His people in the Old Testament to kill lost heathen in war.
3. In the New Testament, Jesus never told the Roman soldiers to "repent" of being a soldier but rather to be content with their pay.
4. The death penalty was God's idea.
5. God gives authority to governments to execute wrath and judgment in Romans 13, and His own example includes the death penalty.
6. Public executions were God's idea.
7. Before it's all said and done, God will have killed more lost people directly than any person, government, or organization in history.

• Members

The only diffrerence between a calvinist and a 'hyper'calvinist is that one drinks to much java :coffee2::thblisshe5:

No. The difference is that a hyperC takes the doctrine to the point where God in his sovereignty saves sinners without the preaching of the Gospel. The necessity of evangelism is denied.

We believe God saves BY the preaching of the Gospel.

HyperC is mostly used by the ignorant in a pejorative sense.

• Members

I believe Calvinism and Armenianism are both ways to try to humanly explain a heavenly truth that we cannot comprehend. "Elect according to the foreknowledge" does mean certain people are elect BASED ON the foreknowledge God has of our free choices. Its kind of like the chicken and the egg thing.... but we have a free choice...but God knows beforehand who will choose...so that makes certain people "elect"...but there is still free choice and anyone has the opportunity to be saved.

Since this kind of power is not understandable on earth, we cannot really explain it with an "ism" because an "ism" brings it down to an earthly level, which means certain parts of the doctrine are going to be skewed.

Barring that...there are so many instances of death to criminals in the Bible its not even funny....not only Ehud but I would like to know why the Bible says the thieves on the cross were guilty while Jesus was innocent? Meaning the thieves deserved their deaths.

• Administrators

I believe Calvinism and Armenianism are both ways to try to humanly explain a heavenly truth that we cannot comprehend. "Elect according to the foreknowledge" does mean certain people are elect BASED ON the foreknowledge God has of our free choices. Its kind of like the chicken and the egg thing.... but we have a free choice...but God knows beforehand who will choose...so that makes certain people "elect"...but there is still free choice and anyone has the opportunity to be saved.

Since this kind of power is not understandable on earth, we cannot really explain it with an "ism" because an "ism" brings it down to an earthly level, which means certain parts of the doctrine are going to be skewed.

Barring that...there are so many instances of death to criminals in the Bible its not even funny....not only Ehud but I would like to know why the Bible says the thieves on the cross were guilty while Jesus was innocent? Meaning the thieves deserved their deaths.

Oh, yeah...Ehud assassinated that king, didn't he... :coolsmiley: