• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Original languages necessary for study?

• Members

Funny, I was not even talking about the KJV, I was talking about the manuscripts. (Funny how you are the one that keeps bringing up the KJV) Since the Bible then does contain errors, how can you know which part is right and wrong. Your faith and trust is in man and not the Lord Jesus Christ. I'll pray for you brother. I believe Gods Words 100%, sorry to hear that you only believe part of it.

Let me ask you a question, how do you know that the manuscripts are 99.5% accurate?

I keep bringing up the KJV because that is the real issue here.

I do appreciate the prayer, I trust the Lord, and He is faithful, He has preserved His word, just like He promised, in the many thousands of manuscripts available, that is proof enough He is true to His word.

In the end it is not a big deal for me, but for others it is.

Anyways, I have to get going, going to watch the new Rocky movie, I'll answer any replies on my return.

-Alen

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maybe so, but there are lots of areas where the MVs completely disagree with the KJV and even amongst themselves. Again, who decides which is the correct translation? Man does and will always pick the translation that best fits his personal biases.

Well, since I preached this tonight, let's compare:

Yep, you're right, the NIV is much clearer than the KJV. How could I have missed that one?

Mitch

I'll post some other verses later, but this one will do for now:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him (KJV)

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,who is at the Father's side, has made him known. (NIV)

-Alen

• Members

Where's the confusion? Maybe if you stopped turning to other versions and actually studied the KJV, then you'd understand it better.

Anyway, don't waste your time posting any other verses. I'm locking the thread because it has degenerated into a violation of the board's mission statement: "This board is owned and operated by Independent, Fundamental, KJB Baptist believers. We are not interested in arguing or debating as this message board is set up for IFB to fellowship and uplift our Lord Jesus Christ."

Mitch