• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Guest Guest

No it doesn't, captain.

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up. And they shall destroy the walls of Tyrus, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock. It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD: and it shall become a spoil to the nations.
(Ezekiel 26:3-5)

Ezekiel 26 >>

7 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring upon Tyrus Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.
8 He shall slay with the sword thy daughters in the field: and he shall make a fort against thee, and cast a mount against thee, and lift up the buckler against thee.
9 And he shall set engines of war against thy walls, and with his axes he shall break down thy towers.
10 By reason of the abundance of his horses their dust shall cover thee: thy walls shall shake at the noise of the horsemen, and of the wheels, and of the chariots, when he shall enter into thy gates, as men enter into a city wherein is made a breach.
11 With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all thy streets: he shall slay thy people by the sword, and thy strong garrisons shall go down to the ground.
12 And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water.
13 And I will cause the noise of thy songs to cease; and the sound of thy harps shall be no more heard.
14 And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD

Jeremiah 34:1 The word which came unto Jeremiah from the LORD, when Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and all his army, and all the kingdoms of the earth of his dominion

• Members

I don't really care about the "historical baptist approach" brother. I didn't write nothing off. The event WAS fulfilled histrorically but it will be fulfilled AGAIN prophetically. There's more to the OT then nice little Sunday School lessons brother. But since you can't see that Jonah was a TYPE of Christ's resurrection (especially after Jesus said he was) then I don't know what to say. But I'll give you one more Prefigurement brother.

<< Joel 2 >>

1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

You see these verses. Historically it was Nebuchadrezzar (king of kings) being "led of God" to punish Judah. But you bet your historical brider position that it's also a PREFIGUREMENT of THEE KING OF KINGS leading his army against the world at his glorious second coming. This is DOCTRINALLY still to be fulfilled. Now read the verses carefully before you answer brother.

Wil

PS Just about every historical event in the OT is a Prefigurement of something that will happen again. Ex. Israel coming out of "Eygpt" again by signs and wonders. As Jesus said, "AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH SO SHALL IT BE IN THE DAYS OF THE SON OF MAN."

:sigh:

You pick yet another fight against a battle which doesn't exist...

I was not referring to Jonah. I was referring to you vaunting that Tyrus will be destroyed by Jesus Christ. That somehow Nebuchadnezzar is a picture of Jesus Christ? That just doesn't work. You see, Nebuchadnezzar needed a seige to take on Tyrus. Jesus Christ needs no siege. Nebuchadnezzar was from Babylon(always associated with idolatry). Jesus Christ is from heaven.

Picture just doesn't work.

Guest Guest

:sigh:

You pick yet another fight against a battle which doesn't exist...

I was not referring to Jonah. I was referring to you vaunting that Tyrus will be destroyed by Jesus Christ. That somehow Nebuchadnezzar is a picture of Jesus Christ? That just doesn't work. You see, Nebuchadnezzar needed a seige to take on Tyrus. Jesus Christ needs no siege. Nebuchadnezzar was from Babylon(always associated with idolatry). Jesus Christ is from heaven.

Picture just doesn't work.

Brother, you don't understand types do you? A type or prefigurement is something that happend historically that will still be fulfilled prophetically. All the ordinances of the tabernacle are an example. It doesn't have to be 100% alike. For example, did Jesus spend 3 days and nights in the belly of a whale? How about Psalm 22? A Psalm that historically was referring to David but foreshadowed an event yet to come. Was Jesus surrounded by the bulls of Bashan? (spiritually he was but I won't get into that).
Was the king of Tyrus really in Eden the garden of God? Jesus Christ was typlified by many animals. ex. A lamb. Did he bleet and graze out in a pastor?

Nebuchadnezzar was pagan (until he got saved) but was still God's servant and was called a king of kings. Again brother, read Joel 2. There are scores of examples in the OT.

Wil

Tyrus, as Egypt and Babylon, can be a picture of the world. Remember who the king of Tyrus is? (Ezekiel 28:11-19).