• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayer for my wife's sister

• Members

We received a call the night before last notifying us of my wife's sister's intent to divorce her second husband. She came home from work ten days ago and was met by her husband in a terrible mood. They had gone to his mother's home, and he and his mother tried to coerce my SIL to try to go back to work at Walmart because he wants to retire. In doing so he would be without insurance and need someone else's insurance. At any rate, the MIL started in on Pat, and she asked them to stop trying to pressure her to leave her current employer where she has no insurance but can work the hours her physical conditions would allow. He stated he wouldn't accept that answer and got very angry and confrontational. He grabbed my SIL by the neck and threw her against the wall. My SIL asked the MIL if she was going to let him act that way, and she told Pat she deserved it. Pat left and went home. As soon as my BIL got home, he started in with the physical abuse again. He left for a short period during which she gathered some clothes and went to her youngest son's house to stay overnight. My BIL has now threatened her, her two sons and anyone who tries to make them separate. She's going to file for divorce on Friday after she gets paid. Please pray for her and my nephews. Also pray for my BIL...he's an alcoholic and claims to be a Christian. I don't know him though they've been married since August of 2009. I have no intention of meeting him because of his threats over the years. The situation is dire, so please pray.