• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Women Pastors

Go to solution Solved by BrotherTony,

• Members
46 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

It won’t be long folks, like the LGBTQX movement, they will slowly creep in and take over. With the support of the Christian Community. Sad 

https://apnews.com/article/religion-southern-baptists-women-pastors-saddleback-3b40fd925377a9e3aa2ecb4a4072a4a6

While it may be true that there is a battle going on about who can be in friendly cooperation with the SBC, many want to take the keep the Biblical standard for who can be a pastor. I believe many are seeing the folly in having female pastors and have steered away from the cooperating churches becoming Independent as in "big I little you. Eddie, you have a preoccupation with all things LGBTQ+. I don't see any SBC churches that are assisting by placing gay and lesbian pastors in place, or even allowing them membership. Biblical Christians won't stand for this. Be wary, YES, but let's stop with the chicken little "the sky is falling " routine.

• Members
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

It's a matter of true conversion, discipleship, and faithfulness to the Word of God and the Lord. You always seem to see the bad side, seem to doubt that the Lord will have faithful Christians. That's what is sad, and it one of the many reasons that some will fall by the wayside. Either God is telling the truth when he says "on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it," or he's not. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
12 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

It won’t be long folks, like the LGBTQX movement, they will slowly creep in and take over. With the support of the Christian Community. Sad 

TGL's theme song (modified from "Accentuate the Positive" by Johnny Mercer)

You've got to accentuate the negative
Eliminate the positive
Latch on to the pessimistic
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

10 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

It just a matter of time ⏰

Maybe it's just a matter of time in YOUR church. I will not go to such a church. 

The Bible is clear in a multitude of places that in the last days perilous times shall come. Why do you feel the need to focus in on each occurrence to the exclusion of everything positive?

• Members

I don't agree with this, a woman pastor. But, I'm not going to be like some Christians, that are blinded by their surroundings. Blind following the blind. Supporting and following the crowd. Sad

• Members
6 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I don't agree with this, a woman pastor. But, I'm not going to be like some Christians, that are blinded by their surroundings. Blind following the blind. Supporting and following the crowd. Sad

I don't believe @Napsterdad or I support women pastors. What Christians are blinded by their surroundings!?! We all know there are those who claim to follow Christ but only do so in part, picking and choosing what they want to follow. If Christians are in the Word and are true, faithful followers, it's doubtful that they will be willing to jump ship for unbiblical practices.

• Members
23 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

It is rather obvious from previous posts that you don’t agree with female pastors. It is just as obvious from a multitude of posts on other threads that no regular on this forum agrees with female pastors either. I’m sure all on this forum also take great joy in the knowledge that you will not allow yourself to be led into this ditch:

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

I think the primary issue of people like @BrotherTony and me is that you pick out these singular issues and then paint your negativity with such a broad brush of finality:

On 6/9/2024 at 5:35 PM, TheGloryLand said:

"They're going to take over, it's just a matter of time, we're all doomed, and it is all of us in the Christian Community that are supporting it". All but the pious TGL, of course, who is seated upon his exalted throne before his sacred keyboard pointing out the gaping chasm that the rest of us blind Christians are sure to fall into.

On 6/9/2024 at 7:36 PM, TheGloryLand said:

It just a matter of time ⏰

"It's just a matter of time".

TGL, have you read the entire Bible? Have you read the ending? Are you aware that people have been led astray by the devil since Genesis 3? (Isaiah 9:16, 53:6; Jeremiah 50:6; Matthew 7:15-20, 2 Corinthians 11:13; 1 John 4:1; etc., etc., etc.,)? Are you aware that there will always be a faithful remnant out there following Jesus Christ? Are you aware that in the end Jesus Christ (and therefore we) wins?

Sadly, too much of the time I am a "glass half-empty" kind of guy. But even (and maybe especially) for me the majority of your posts are a boat anchor, pulling me down to the bottom of the sea. As Christians we should all strive to be aware of the evil that is around us and steer ourselves and others away from that evil, but to make that our focus and death knell is not what Christ would have us do.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Members

Hmm ⁉️ It seems to me that a lot of people here have read ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’ , and surprisingly, were deceived into thinking it’s methods and diagnoses are true… I’ll be the first to warn you all, that according to the Bible, every Age and Dispensation ends in utter apostasy, including Christ’s Millennial Reign (Revelation 20:3-9). Yes, the Lord wins in end, but we’re not at the end; we’ve got at least 3 more world wars left , another Holocaust [but more severe than the 1st one] left, a world wide rejection of everything Biblical including The Freedom of Religion left, and the Tribulation Period left…. That is, all of these horrid events and circumstances are still left on the deck of cards mankind; pick which tragedy you want, we’ve got plenty to spare. The only place to go from here is down - not up; unless one simply rejects the veracity of the Scriptures. This isn’t the time to celebrate, singing and dishing out a bunch of “Hoop Hoop Hurray’s!” Everybody should be very concerned about the direction the church will take from here, which already is in the direction of degradation, but it will be even more expedited, considering the fact that females simply aren’t fit for preaching nor leading, according to the Bible; yet, nearly every single professing Christian is celebrating this turn of events, in direct opposition of what’s commanded in the Scriptures. The condition of the church is so horrid, that its entire existence is practically redundant with the assemblies of the rest of the world, including satanism, heathenism, atheism, Catholicism, Mohammedism, and most importantly of all, both Pantheism (most prevalent) & syncretism (i.e. ecumenicalism). Nearly every church would do more good for the Lord by simply closing its rotten doors. 

With that being said, Love, Peace, Happiness (along with everything else we emphasize above all else, etc) to all. Have a good evening. 

• Members
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dom Jr. said:

Hmm ⁉️ It seems to me that a lot of people here have read ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’ , and surprisingly, were deceived into thinking it’s methods and diagnoses are true… I’ll be the first to warn you all, that according to the Bible, every Age and Dispensation ends in utter apostasy, including Christ’s Millennial Reign (Revelation 20:3-9). Yes, the Lord wins in end, but we’re not at the end; we’ve got at least 3 more world wars left , another Holocaust [but more severe than the 1st one] left, a world wide rejection of everything Biblical including The Freedom of Religion left, and the Tribulation Period left…. That is, all of these horrid events and circumstances are still left on the deck of cards mankind; pick which tragedy you want, we’ve got plenty to spare. The only place to go from here is down - not up; unless one simply rejects the veracity of the Scriptures. This isn’t the time to celebrate, singing and dishing out a bunch of “Hoop Hoop Hurray’s!” Everybody should be very concerned about the direction the church will take from here, which already is in the direction of degradation, but it will be even more expedited, considering the fact that females simply aren’t fit for preaching nor leading, according to the Bible; yet, nearly every single professing Christian is celebrating this turn of events, in direct opposition of what’s commanded in the Scriptures. The condition of the church is so horrid, that its entire existence is practically redundant with the assemblies of the rest of the world, including satanism, heathenism, atheism, Catholicism, Mohammedism, and most importantly of all, both Pantheism (most prevalent) & syncretism (i.e. ecumenicalism). Nearly every church would do more good for the Lord by simply closing its rotten doors. 

With that being said, Love, Peace, Happiness (along with everything else we emphasize above all else, etc) to all. Have a good evening. 

I do agree that many churches should close their doors specially, the ones that are not leading or preaching salvation through Jesus Christ. Also, those churches that are against the father son and the holy spirit as one, beware of churches that are full of activities, food, and love only. Members that are going to church to have a good time fellowship and fill up their bellies. Beware especially of all mega-churches. This is where the woman pastors are born.

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
  • Solution
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I do agree that many churches should close their doors specially, the ones that are not leading or preaching salvation through Jesus Christ. Also, those churches that are against the father son and the holy spirit as one, beware of churches that are full of activities, food, and love only. Members that are going to church to have a good time fellowship and fill up their bellies. Beware especially of all mega-churches. This is where the woman pastors are born.

Again with the wide brush and sentiments against mega churches. Eddie, how many mega churches have you PERSONALLY been an active member of? I have been an active member of three, and all three are still in play and serving the Lord. And to be frank, not a one of them has produced a female pastor. Both you and @Dom Jr. seem to have very negative feelings towards churches. The Lord has told us that HE has founded his church and will build it through us and that the gates of hell will not prevail against it. We also see that in Revelation the seven churches were reprimanded for their worldliness but weren't told to shutter their doors! They were told to repent or face discipline from the Lord. Either the Lord is right or he's a liar. It seems from many of your posts that you believe the latter, and that is sad. We should let the Holy Spirit do his job and convince, convict, and confirm whether these churches are worthy of dissolution. 

Dom has a very warped eschatological view and seems to be in need of some firm, factual hermeneutics. I find very little of what he's stated as being backed by Scripture.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
8 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Again with the wide brush and sentiments against mega churches. Eddie, how many mega churches have you PERSONALLY been an active member of? I have been an active member of three, and all three are still in play and serving the Lord. And to be frank, not a one of them has produced a female pastor. Both you and @Dom Jr. seem to have very negative feelings towards churches. The Lord has told us that HE has founded his church and will build it through us and that the gates of hell will not prevail against it. We also see that in Revelation the seven churches were reprimanded for their worldliness but weren't told to shutter their doors! They were told to repent or face discipline from the Lord. Either the Lord is right or he's a liar. It seems from many of your posts that you believe the latter, and that is sad. We should let the Holy Spirit do his job and convince, convict, and confirm whether these churches are worthy of dissolution. 

Dom has a very warped eschatological view and seems to be in need of some firm, factual hermeneutics. I find very little of what he's stated as being backed by Scripture.

That was pretty good BT you're getting better.  I'm glad those Mega churches are still going strong. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/14/2024 at 11:29 AM, BrotherTony said:

Bud, the church was never promised that, as if she had some type of hidden mojo against Hell. If the church went into hell and had to battle against the gates, then we’d be burnt like a HellBound Rocket running fresh out of fuel as soon as it hits the atmosphere. The church has never seen hell, nor smelled the burning crisps of it, never heard the tormented wailing within it, neither did we enter the gates of it; if we did, we would be burnt like toast. Also, we certainly wouldn’t even be able to put our respective soul’s hands upon the gates, let alone, conquer the gates thereof. We’d be trapped, doomed, defeated, and embarrassed for all eternity. Fortunately, for the saints, the Lord never said anything about the church conquering hell, resisting it, or prevailing against. The Lord saith, 

• Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The subject matter of the verse is “this rock”. The very same Rock that’s has been the primary subject of The Scriptures since Exodus, yes. That’s the very same Rock were commanded to depend upon & call upon throughout all the Scriptures (Deut 32:4-31; psalm 18:2,31,46; 28:1; 31:1-3; 42:9; 62:2-7; 71:3, etc. etc. etc). That’s the same Rock the church was built upon (Romans 9:33; 1 Corinth 10:4; 1 Peter 2:8).

• Psalm 18:31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

• Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.

Some find joy in calling their rock Peter, others prefer Mary, and even some favor the church; these are all quite unstable rocks to depend upon, especially for all of eternity. Idk about you but I’m not betting my eternity upon the church, nor Peter, neither Mary. We who prefer a sure, steady, and unmovable Foundation, call our “Rock” the Lord God Almighty of the Holy Bible. It is He, who went into hell for 3 days and 3 nights, and those gates sure did not prevail, actually, He came back with the keys to, not only hell, but death also. He went to hell because He had a lot of OT saints dwelling in Paradise (aka Abraham’s Bosom), which was a peaceful compartment in the torturously, fiery pits of Hell. In Paradise (that is, Abrahams Bosom) they could interact with those people suffering in the Torturing Department of that busy & bustling establishment, we call, Hell.

• Luke 16:22-23 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into ABRAHAMS BOSOM: the rich man also died, and was buried; [23] AND IN HELL HE LIFT UP HIS EYES, being in torments, AND SEETH ABRAHAM AFAR OFF, and Lazarus in his bosom.

The only social restrictions enforced between each respective Department’s tenants were, that, they must NOT come within physical contact with each other, and therefore, The Torture Department could not touch the Peaceful Department, due to the Great Gulf placed between them.  

• Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

After the Lord provided the Atonement via the shedding of His Holy Blood of God, and redeeming them by paying the price for their sins, He had to go physically free his OT saints, thereby, leading captivity captive. He seized them from inside hell’s Peaceful Department, called Abraham’s bosom. 

• Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that HIS SOUL WAS NOT LEFT IN HELL, neither his flesh did see corruption.

• Ephesians 4:8-9 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

• 1 Peter 3:18-19 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: [19] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

After leading captivity captive, thereby freeing His OT saints, He went to God the Father to present Himself spotless; unencumbered and unhindered by the gates of Hell, which could by no means stop prevent Him from fulfilling His mission that He set out to perform. 

• Matthew 27:52-53 And the graves were opened; and MANY BODIES OF THE SAINTS WHICH SLEPT AROSE, [53] And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

• John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Now, brethren, what made you honestly believe the church was mysteriously conquering hell, all this time? Must’ve thought we’ve been sitting around “a’bringing in the kingdom” for the past 2,024 years too, huh?
You must’ve thought that white horse rider in revelation 6:2 was progressively “a’bringing in the kingdom”, with every church building adding a little asset toward the kingdom building program, didn’t ya? 

I mean, if that were the case, i myself would think the church is doing great too… adding buildings while simultaneously losing members. 

Where members are being increased, they’re also simultaneously decreasing their sense of proportionality; unsaved church members outnumbering saved members sometimes by 3:1… Might as well be a concert hall, entertainment center, rock & roll concert, maybe a jam session, or better yet, a ‘worship center’ - Bullseye! 🎯

• Members

Jesus is the Rock upon which the church is built - and the verse very clearly states the gates of hell will not prevail against it (not prevail against the rock - though obviously that is a given).

On another note, the gates of hell and the Antichrist will prevail against the believers who are on the earth after the church is called out at the rapture. (Just an interesting contrast I noticed not that long ago.)

Revelation 13:7
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Daniel 7:21
I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;