• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Female pastors

Landmarkheritage

• Members

I recently was browsing a collection of what I believe are assigned readings for certain Baptist colleges and I was able to find a book called, “A Company Of Woman Preachers, Baptist Prophetesses In Seventeenth-Century England.” Why do some members of the Christian faith despite concrete scriptural evidence that the pastoral office is limited to males continue to perpetuate these theories?

Edited by Landmarkheritage

• Members
57 minutes ago, Landmarkheritage said:

I recently was browsing a collection of what I believe are assigned readings for certain Baptist colleges and I was able to find a book called, “A Company Of Woman Preachers, Baptist Prophetesses In Seventeenth-Century England.” Why do some members of the Christian faith despite concrete scriptural evidence that the pastoral office is limited to males continue to perpetuate these theories?

One of the major reasons I have come across is the Bible stating that in the last days the Father would pour out his Spirit on all flesh and that the men AND women would prophesy, and that men would dream dreams.   Acts 2:17 is their proof text. They're not comparing scripture with scripture and are cherry picking verses to support their flawed ideology.

• Members
42 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

One of the major reasons I have come across is the Bible stating that in the last days the Father would pour out his Spirit on all flesh and that the men AND women would prophesy, and that men would dream dreams.   Acts 2:17 is their proof text. They're not comparing scripture with scripture and are cherry picking verses to support their flawed ideology.

Than you for explaining this.

• Members

It could be that the Independent Baptist will be the last Christian Church, to have a woman preacher. In the last days, if you can't beat them, join them. Sad, many will sell out because of the pressures. Following the gay preacher movement, this is in my opinion. No proof, just feeling.

• Members
15 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

There is the (unlikely) possibility that  the book is being used as a proof text as to why it's wrong. As I said, probably not, but not knowing the colleges that are requiring this, just trying to be kind. lol

It is Baylor university.