• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians and politics… ??

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by Disciple.Luke,

• Members

I watch and listen to the news and shake my head, listening to these conservatives and watching what they’re doing to each other. I know the independent Baptist Church support Republican and those that are conservative, which were very good at one time, but now it's a different story. I don’t believe that Christians should vote for the lesser of two evils. Is this a Christian thing to do? many of these politicians are lying just to get our votes, so why vote? I know that many of you will say, this is the right thing to do and it's our duty. Is it really our duty to vote for false leaders. ???

• Members
4 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I watch and listen to the news and shake my head, listening to these conservatives and watching what they’re doing to each other. I know the independent Baptist Church support Republican and those that are conservative, which were very good at one time, but now it's a different story. I don’t believe that Christians should vote for the lesser of two evils. Is this a Christian thing to do? many of these politicians are lying just to get our votes, so why vote? I know that many of you will say, this is the right thing to do and it's our duty. Is it really our duty to vote for false leaders. ???

Yes, it IS right to vote for the lesser of two evils if that is your only option. The right to vote has been given to us by the Lord, and we should use that vote to keep as much evil out of our government. Of course, this is my personal belief and opinion, just as what TGL expressed, as strange as it may seem to most patriotic Americans, is his.

• Members
  • Solution
2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Yes, it IS right to vote for the lesser of two evils if that is your only option. The right to vote has been given to us by the Lord, and we should use that vote to keep as much evil out of our government. Of course, this is my personal belief and opinion, just as what TGL expressed, as strange as it may seem to most patriotic Americans, is his.

I agree. We can't just be passive and allow people to vote in the larger evil with little resistance. I remember voting during the Trump/Clinton election...it was the first time I ever felt like I needed to repent after voting.. thankfully Trump ended up being the better decision.

There are just some issues that absolutely can't be just overlooked and wish for the best. For instance if one is against the murder of unborn babies and the other isn't...there just isn't much of a question who I want to vote for.

• Members

We are in election time in NZ. The middle left govt is Labour and the middle right is National.

National used to be a conservative vote, but the middle now has moved to be liberal in NZ. So National isn't really a conservative vote.

Many people vote with their wallets..

I voted for a party against gender ideology and against abortion. 

Most of the parties here have allowed abortion and gender ideology 

Edited by MikeWatson1
Punctuation out

• Members
3 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I understand the dilemma you are raising..and I used to have the same conflicting thoughts. 

For me the issue is simple. When I vote for government leaders I am NOT looking for someone to be my spiritual or even moral leader in a President. Jesus and my local Pastor are who I turn to for that. 

We just have to vote for the person we believe agrees with us most on what governments should focus on and how they oversee the daily affairs of the country. Those who gain power will have to answer to the Lord one day about their spiritual beliefs and practices.

• Members

1 Samuel 8:11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.

17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.

18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the Lord will not hear you in that day.

19 Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;

In the OT, God wasn't too pleased that His people wanted a King to judge them.  We might not be His people, but we are His children.  Why would we believe God wants us to be concerned with a ruler (president)? 

2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Getting into politics would be the "affairs of this life".  We have been commissioned to spread the gospel, period.  It wouldn't matter if we lived in China, N. Korea or here in this great country.  We are to spread the gospel and leave the rest to God.  If we were good at the commission God gave us, this country wouldn't be in the shape its in.  

Acts 17:6  And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

Are we turning the world upside down?  Are we at least turning our communities upside down?  That is what the gospel does; elections do not.  

• Members

We who are true Christians, care for the lost souls so that they might come to Christ. We all know that evil will take over all around the world, for a season. We that are true Christians cannot delay this, in any way by putting someone in the Office. If both parties support gay marriage, abortion, and immoral lifestyles, which one are you gonna vote for ? are we just joining the crowd of non-believers? ??

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

We who are true Christians, care for the lost souls so that they might come to Christ. We all know that evil will take over all around the world, for a season. We that are true Christians cannot delay this, in any way by putting someone in the Office. If both parties support gay marriage, abortion, and immoral lifestyles, which one are you gonna vote for ? are we just joining the crowd of non-believers? ??

I support the guy who is going to allow me to continue to worship God is peace and quiet and for me and my family to live a godly life regardless of if they are personally immoral. This is the principle I follow.

- I Timothy 2:2

• Members
2 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I support the guy who is going to allow me to continue to worship God is peace and quiet and for me and my family to live a godly life regardless of if they are personally immoral. This is the principle I follow.

- I Timothy 2:2

I believe all of the politicians support freedom of religions.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

So they say but we see with the lockdowns this wasn't true.

If you are looking for a Baptist pastor to be President you'll have a long wait. 

Im pretty sure the last "baptist" President we had was too busy cheating on the first lady than reading the Bible. And thankfully we didn't get a second Arkansas "baptist" with his wife 

In this scenario I'd pick the Mormon (Romney), the Seventh day Adventist (Carson), or the Presbyterian (Trump) over those two baptist in any election.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members
1 minute ago, TheGloryLand said:

Pence can work, but Christians don't support him, for some reason. Maybe it's because he is not liberal enough. 

I support Mike. I understand some people feel like he betrayed Trump or that he was favoring a Joe Biden win.

I personally don't see him that way at all. Being from Indiana I've always known him to stand for what he believes is right no matter what others think. I respect that.

I would pick him over all the other Republicans running but I just don't see anyway for him or anyone else to win as long as Trump is in the race...but I'm ok with that too.

This country just cannot endure four more years of Grandpa Joe and Kamala Harris speeches about school buses or the internet. Those two have made me more embarrassed to be an American than any other time in my life 

• Members
2 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I support Mike. I understand some people feel like he betrayed Trump or that he was favoring a Joe Biden win.

I personally don't see him that way at all. Being from Indiana I've always known him to stand for what he believes is right no matter what others think. I respect that.

I would pick him over all the other Republicans running but I just don't see anyway for him or anyone else to win as long as Trump is in the race...but I'm ok with that too.

This country just cannot endure four more years of Grandpa Joe and Kamala Harris speeches about school buses or the internet. Those two have made me more embarrassed to be an American than any other time in my life 

Now, if you can get Sir. Pence up stop. I will Vote for him. Trump, look to dangerous in my opinion. 3 1/2 years of greatness, the next can be 3 1/2 years of Hell on Earth. Under Trump leadership. I did voted for Trump, twice. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 10/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, TheGloryLand said:

Now, if you can get Sir. Pence up stop. I will Vote for him. Trump, look to dangerous in my opinion. 3 1/2 years of greatness, the next can be 3 1/2 years of Hell on Earth. Under Trump leadership. I did voted for Trump, twice. ?

If you call a much better economy and a secured border "hell on earth," it would seem your values line up with the Social Democrats. Not to mention, Mr. Trump doesn't believe that conservatives and Christians should be sent to reeducation camps. Mr. Pence is too wishy washy, wanting to have his cake and eat it, too. I sincerely doubt he would be an effective POTUS.