• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Security in the local church ⛪

• Members

I was looking in the search and could not find anything related to church security. I know we had a topic on this, but couldn’t find it. I wanted to ask? Are you buffing up security or are you slacking down on security, in your church facility? people often forget things that happened in the past, and start slacking off. Example: COVID, all churches were cleaning and disinfecting the facilities now, maybe. I strongly believe We need to Keep our guard up. Take Care ? free advice. TGL

• Administrators
On 9/8/2023 at 6:19 PM, TheGloryLand said:

I was looking in the search and could not find anything related to church security. I know we had a topic on this, but couldn’t find it. I wanted to ask? Are you buffing up security or are you slacking down on security, in your church facility? people often forget things that happened in the past, and start slacking off. Example: COVID, all churches were cleaning and disinfecting the facilities now, maybe. I strongly believe We need to Keep our guard up. Take Care ? free advice. TGL

Maybe this is what you are referring to?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

As far covid goes, our! Church has not had special cleaning since the covid lock down. Perhaps we should start again as the week before last, one family of six, had covid, and last Sunday our pastor and his wife and five of his children had covid.

One of our former foster children became a member of a church in Liverpool which refused to lowdown.  They had only 12 members before and 40 after the lock down.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

It would be nice if the Church has special cleaning all the time, there are other viruses, the flu, and for those that don’t like cleaning their hands. Most churches don’t have fresh air intakes or open their windows. But everything costs money and to have it done right, it’s better to pay someone responsible to do it. Volunteers are not as good as they used to be, in my opinion. ?

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

It would be nice if the Church has special cleaning all the time, there are other viruses, the flu, and for those that don’t like cleaning their hands. Most churches don’t have fresh air intakes or open their windows. But everything costs money and to have it done right, it’s better to pay someone responsible to do it. Volunteers are not as good as they used to be, in my opinion. ?

In the churches I have been a member of, there have been many great volunteers who have done the cleaning work. One doesn't necessarily have to pay someone to perform these services. How do you personally know if volunteers are as good as they used to be or not? I know you state it's your opinion, but, you often throw out blanket statements like that with little or no proof disparaging others. 

• Members
On 9/8/2023 at 7:29 PM, BrotherTony said:

In the church we're members of security was beefed up for a year or so. Now it's back down to pre-Covid levels. But, that could be because we have several men and a couple of women who carry firearms. 

I know of one congregation locally where it's normal to see several men in the pews with personal weapons on them. The church as whole even went through a firearm training course. Their former Pastor was telling me that the reason he carried a concealed weapon on Sundays was because from the pulpit he would be the first person to see someone walk into the sanctuary.

It's also fairly common for a congregation to have someone who is current or former law enforcement who carries their weapon during service just in case someone slipped past the greeters who remain out in the foyer during services.

As far as cleaning the sanctuaries I assume most have gone back to cleaning once a week either by someone hired to do so or in some cases the congregation members take turns cleaning in groups.

Probably the one thing that seems to be still continuing from the "COVID outbreak' is the use of individual prepackaged communion cups with bread and juice. I've seen some people who just started being their own communion stuff