• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is the best and worst thing about the state /country you currently are living in?

Pastor Matt

• Administrators

Title says it all. Name the best and worst thing. 

I'll start: 

Connecticut

Best: The weather. We get all 4 seasons with an awesome fall. Summers are in the 80-90's and winters are not that bad or long. We also get all the natural disasters on a small scale. Earth quakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards.

Worst: Taxes and cost of living. $$$$

• Members

Tennessee

Best: No personal income tax, great weather (all four seasons with winter being truncated), and a pretty good legislature and governorship.

Worst: Too much LGBTQ+ promotion, too much heavy traffic especially on I-24 by renegade truck drivers, and RINOs representing us in the US House of Representatives.

• Members

Virginia

Best: The colonial history. I live only a few miles from two Presidents homes; Jefferson and Monroe. Trump has a home close by too. Fairly low crime. The Blue Ridge Mountains.

Worst: Northern Virginia has been overridden by D.C. liberals and it's a constant battle to keep the state Red. CRT originated in Northern Virginia.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Tennessee

Best: No personal income tax, great weather (all four seasons with winter being truncated), and a pretty good legislature and governorship.

Worst: Too much LGBTQ+ promotion, too much heavy traffic especially on I-24 by renegade truck drivers, and RINOs representing us in the US House of Representatives.

You pretty much covered it, Tony. Having come from New York just last year I must also add that the people here are far more friendly. The countryside is beautiful as well. We have taken to hiking to the various waterfalls in our area. God's handywork is all over.

Unfortunately, we have similar traffic issues here in East Tennessee. The I-75 from Atlanta to Chattanooga and anywhere close to the I-40 interchanges north and south of Knoxville are terrible. It's only going to get worse as more people escape to here from the liberal states. Sorry Tony, but it appears I am part of that problem.

• Members

I live in Georgia.

Things I love: 4 of my 5 children and 8 of my 13 grandchildren live here. The people are generally friendly and in no big hurry. I have a good church family and pastor.

Things I don't like: The summer is too long and too hot. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Matt said:

I forgot to mention, we have moose at our airports ? 

When did Bangor, ME move to Connecticut?

• Members
2 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

You pretty much covered it, Tony. Having come from New York just last year I must also add that the people here are far more friendly. The countryside is beautiful as well. We have taken to hiking to the various waterfalls in our area. God's handywork is all over.

Unfortunately, we have similar traffic issues here in East Tennessee. The I-75 from Atlanta to Chattanooga and anywhere close to the I-40 interchanges north and south of Knoxville are terrible. It's only going to get worse as more people escape to here from the liberal states. Sorry Tony, but it appears I am part of that problem.

I think we both are a part of the problem. I have to travel I-24 and I-840 here and they're both terrible. You're right, though. We live way out in the country, and the scenery can't be beat. We can see Mt. Pleasant and the foothills from here. We're in a valley. It reminds me of Southern Indiana where I was born and raised for the first seven years of my life. My wife was in an auto accident that nearly claimed her life on I-24 back in December of 2015. It closed down the Eastbound lanes for four hours.

• Members
2 hours ago, Joe Chandler said:

I live in Georgia.

Things I love: 4 of my 5 children and 8 of my 13 grandchildren live here. The people are generally friendly and in no big hurry. I have a good church family and pastor.

Things I don't like: The summer is too long and too hot. 

When did Bangor, ME move to Connecticut?

My wife was born and raised in Augusta Georgia. We're considering moving back there soon. We'd probably live across the Savannah River on the South Carolina side. 

• Members

My wife was born and raised in Augusta Georgia. We're considering moving back there soon. We'd probably live across the Savannah River on the South Carolina side. 

Who knows, maybe the Lord will lead you here. 

• Members
26 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

Right? Moose are all over Connecticut now, it wasn't like that when I was a kid.

Wow. Me neither. Mom and Dad lived in Athens ME since 1987. I have seen moose there, but never in Massachusetts as a kid.

Southeastern Georgia? I sincerely doubt that. I have an ex-brother-in-law who is a pastor down that way. 

Yes, in Lulaton. I remember. I live 10 minutes from there. I didn't mean the Lord might lead you here, I meant in Georgia in general. ? 

• Members
1 hour ago, Joe Chandler said:

Wow. Me neither. Mom and Dad lived in Athens ME since 1987. I have seen moose there, but never in Massachusetts as a kid.

Yes, in Lulaton. I remember. I live 10 minutes from there. I didn't mean the Lord might lead you here, I meant in Georgia in general. ? 

Ah, I see.? Believe me, I wouldn't mind moving back if it didn't mean so much change. There are several good churches in that area... Victory Baptist in N. Augusta, South Carolina, West Augusta Baptist Church (at least that's what they used to be called), and others in S. Augusta. Medical care would probably be better there than here. We can buy a 3 BR, 2 BA 1400 sq. ft home there for around $190K. We can sell our current house for $345K. That would leave enough for us to live on for several years.