• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Checking in

• Members

My name is Joe Chandler. I live in SE Georgia, although I am originally from Massachusetts. I was saved in the US Marines in March of 1978. I attended Baptist Bible College East, but did not graduate.  I currently teach Sunday School at my church.

• Members
11 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Welcome to Online Baptist Joe. I remember BBCE back in the day, is that now Boston Baptist College?

I have no idea. The BBF seems to have faded off the scene. I was there in the early 1980's. We started off in New York and moved to Boston.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Joe Chandler said:

I have no idea. The BBF seems to have faded off the scene. I was there in the early 1980's. We started off in New York and moved to Boston.

Is this the same BBF out of Missouri? If so, I went to a Bible college that was started as a split from the BBF.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Is this the same BBF out of Missouri? If so, I went to a Bible college that was started as a split from the BBF.

From the looks of it, it was a sister college

https://www.boston.edu/ourhistory

A few of my classmates from high school went to BBCE in the early 90's

• Members
4 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

From the looks of it, it was a sister college

https://www.boston.edu/ourhistory

A few of my classmates from high school went to BBCE in the early 90's

Thanks, Brother. That's what I thought. Fellowship Baptist College in E. Peoria, Illinois was a split from them in the middle 70s. They started a new "fellowship", but that, like the college itself has faded away.

• Members
7 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Thanks, Brother. That's what I thought. Fellowship Baptist College in E. Peoria, Illinois was a split from them in the middle 70s. They started a new "fellowship", but that, like the college itself has faded away.

I now go to a Fellowship Bible Baptist church ?

• Members
7 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

If your refer to Baptist Bible College in Springfield, then yes.

2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Welcome aboard Joe, nice to have you with us. I am also from Massachusetts, but now living in California.

So you are from Massachusetts, live in California, hence the name Jim_Alaska. Perfect. ? What part of Mass? I am from Peabody.

• Administrators

Th "Alaska" part is just because I lived there for 37 years. I only keep the screen name because it has been on the Internet for for such a long time.

Peabody is close to places I have lived. Born in Gloucester, lived in Malden and Melrose. Used to shoot rats in the Peabody dump a lifetime ago.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
On 5/17/2023 at 2:11 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

Th "Alaska" part is just because I lived there for 37 years. I only keep the screen name because it has been on the Internet for for such a long time.

Peabody is close to places I have lived. Born in Gloucester, lived in Malden and Melrose. Used to shoot rats in the Peabody dump a lifetime ago.

Ever been to Chandler's Ice Cream? That was my grandfather, my dad, and my uncle.

• Moderators
On 5/16/2023 at 9:51 PM, Joe Chandler said:

If your refer to Baptist Bible College in Springfield, then yes.

So you are from Massachusetts, live in California, hence the name Jim_Alaska. Perfect. ? What part of Mass? I am from Peabody.

Like Peabody, Inc.!?