• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Would Jesus Do…

TheGloryLand
Go to solution Solved by HappyChristian,

• Members

Most I was in contact with over the years never used the WWJD stuff. Very few even mentioned it, and they were the liberal Christian types. I'm not saying they all were, but there were definitely that type pushing it where I was raised. Now the color thing I've NEVER heard of. Who used that?

• Members
52 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Most I was in contact with over the years never used the WWJD stuff. Very few even mentioned it, and they were the liberal Christian types. I'm not saying they all were, but there were definitely that type pushing it where I was raised. Now the color thing I've NEVER heard of. Who used that?

IMG_0343.thumb.jpeg.22992b20f262b22cb8c0ef511a82632a.jpeg

• Members
10 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

IMG_0343.thumb.jpeg.22992b20f262b22cb8c0ef511a82632a.jpeg

I have never seen these. We used tracts, but nothing like this. Thanks for posting this. We usually used something like God's Simple Plan of Salvation. We used others, but not these.

• Administrators
  • Solution

I've seen that tract before. Have not used it, but it's good.

I am currently teaching the "wordless book" in Sunday School. It is simply colors - gold is the end of the book (although it is the first lesson), and it speaks of Heaven because of the street of gold. The lesson goes into detail of what is NOT in heaven (sun, moon, lights, sin and its results), and what IS in Heaven (the saved, the street of gold, crystal river, Jesus, etc).

The next lesson is the black page. I emphasize that it is only black because that is dark...sin is actually red, according to scripture, but the third lesson is the red page. So...the black page represents sin. The lesson goes back to the first sin and the fact that we cannot get to Heaven because of sin.

The red page is the crucifixion, the white page the resurrection. The two together team to teach that Christ washes our sins white as snow.

Then we review the gold page. The green is growth. That is the lesson this Sunday.

It's a very good tool to use to present the gospel. Not just to kids - we led a 100 year old woman to the Lord using the gospel colors.  

The kids will each receive a small book so they can use it to tell others. Here are some links about it.

https://cefpress.com/Wordless-Book-2-x-3.html

https://cefpress.com/the-wordless-book-visualized-english-text.html?category_id=287

While CEF has pictures and lessons that accompany the colors, A Beka also has a series that works well with them. That is what I'm using for ours at this time.

https://www.christianbook.com/abeka-salvation-series-flash-a-card/pd/295073?en=bing-pla&event=SHOP&kw=sunday-school-20-40|295073&p=1179517&dv=c&cb_src=bing&cb_typ=shopping&cb_cmp=376661747&cb_adg=1232552762924919&cb_kyw=default&msclkid=44ad2abebdd71f93cee94e89bf3f7d47

As far as WWJD - I have to agree with Tony...most of the people who wore the bracelets, etc., verge on liberal Christians or worldly Christians. It is actually a good thought to keep in mind because we are to pattern our lives after Christ. 

• Members

The idea for WWJD came from the book In His Steps by Charles Sheldon. In that book it was all about doing what you feel or think Jesus would do in the situations you faced in life - and that book never ONCE taught or said let’s go to the Bible to see what Jesus would do. Of course, the movement followed In His Steps.

If someone truly looked to the Bible as the gauge for all they did or said, their spiritual life would be transformed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

WWJD? That's a good question.

1) Jesus only did what He saw His Father doing. He said, "The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise" (John 5:19 KJV). How do we do that?

2) God's word teaches us that Jesus was "full of the Holy Ghost" and "led by the Spirit" (Luke 4:1). Can we do that?

3) Yes, for we too are "led by the Spirit" (Rom. 8:14) and are instructed to be "filled with the Spirit" (Eph. 5:18) and to "walk in the Spirit" (Gal. 5:25).

4) Going to God's word apart from this that it teaches is not enough. For which of these must I do in a situation - "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him" or "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit" (Prov. 26:4-5)?

5) Jesus said we are to "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matt. 22:37), and Proverbs teaches that we should "[t]rust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" (Prov. 3:5-6).

6) This, along with prayer, is how you can do what Jesus would do, being led by the Spirit and a part of what the Father is doing "in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matt. 6:10).

Edited by Dr. Robert S. Morley
Added reference, improved a sentence, added last paragraph, corrected a reference