• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Has anyone been to a baptism lately

TheGloryLand

• Members

I believe the last one that I participated in at the church, was around two years ago. If people are not getting saved, and disciple that could make it, where there’s no baptism going on. Like the church that I am visiting. I’m not looking for the perfect church, but I did notice this. They are looking for a new preacher, it has been a while, maybe this could be the reason. I did mention it to one of the deacons, maybe he’ll bring it out in one of their meetings. This is not on the guest preacher‘s menu, baptism. I don’t know why the preacher below baptizing  is dressed in black.

New York Water GIF by Des Rocs

• Members
8 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

My church has a few a month 

This is good to hear. Some here might say that I focus too much on the negative of the church, but how can I not, it’s all around us. I am also very surprised to see how Christians, are easily adapting to the feel good church  and buffets. 

• Members

We have had many youth come to know the Lord in the past year before our assistant/youth pastor took another church here in the Shelbyville, TN area. We've had a couple since that time as well. We have several professions of faith from adults as well in the past year. The Lord hasn't stopped working, TGL. He doesn't work on anyones time schedule, nor does he answer to us. And you're correct, some of us have pointed out the continued negative postings from you, and some of us will continue to request you start focusing on what the Lord is doing instead of what man and the adversary are hindering. 

• Members
10 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

We have had many youth come to know the Lord in the past year before our assistant/youth pastor took another church here in the Shelbyville, TN area. We've had a couple since that time as well. We have several professions of faith from adults as well in the past year. The Lord hasn't stopped working, TGL. He doesn't work on anyones time schedule, nor does he answer to us. And you're correct, some of us have pointed out the continued negative postings from you, and some of us will continue to request you start focusing on what the Lord is doing instead of what man and the adversary are hindering. 

You can let the those sinners get away with it easily, but I am not. There are many turning their  eyes away, the other way, so they can not see. Some of them, are friends and love ones. I hope you don’t fall into that trap BT, all of these years of experience going down the drain, would be a shame. Stand Firm, don’t cell out. 

• Members

We had four this month and I think we had three last month. We had one saved this month, but he is not asking to be baptized yet.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, TheGloryLand said:

This is not on the guest preacher‘s menu, baptism. I don’t know why the preacher below baptizing  is dressed in black.

I would guess the reason he is dressed in black is because that is what he had to wear at the time.

• Members
11 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

We had four this month and I think we had three last month. We had one saved this month, but he is not asking to be baptized yet.

I would guess the reason he is dressed in black is because that is what he had to wear at the time.

Even nonbelievers know that black is darkness and evil, for ceremonies.

2 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Even nonbelievers know that black is darkness and evil, for ceremonies.

Happy to hear of the baptism.

• Members
6 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

You can let the those sinners get away with it easily, but I am not. There are many turning their  eyes away, the other way, so they can not see. Some of them, are friends and love ones. I hope you don’t fall into that trap BT, all of these years of experience going down the drain, would be a shame. Stand Firm, don’t cell out. 

I don't fall into any trap, Morales. Your veiled accusation of such is a ludicrous attempt at slander. I don't "sell" (is that what you meant?) out. I also don't "let sinners get away with it easily." You might want to tone down the implications. 

On a side note....wearing black doesn't mean a thing. Do you see evil behind everything, Morales?

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
On 8/17/2022 at 1:23 AM, BrotherTony said:

I don't fall into any trap, Morales. Your veiled accusation of such is a ludicrous attempt at slander. I don't "sell" (is that what you meant?) out. I also don't "let sinners get away with it easily." You might want to tone down the implications. 

On a side note....wearing black doesn't mean a thing. Do you see evil behind everything, Morales?

I am sorry, it did sound a bit rough. But you still are leaning more towards the Southern Baptist side. Moderately 

• Members
9 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I am sorry, it did sound a bit rough. But you still are leaning more towards the Southern Baptist side. Moderately 

Again, as usual, you're making assumptions that are incorrect. I need to learn nothing about the churches associated with the Southern Baptists. I've been a part of them for 22 years. Maybe you need to start checking your facts, friend. 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

When was the last time in a church service, you heard your preacher ask? 

The gospel has been preached, is there anyone here who accepted Christ as their personal savior, and would like to get baptized?

Sadly, this is becoming very rare… 🥲

• Members
16 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

The gospel has been preached, is there anyone here who accepted Christ as their personal savior, and would like to get baptized?

Altar calls at the end of service for salvation, nearly every week.

As for baptisms, three weeks ago. Baptisms are a regular occurrence here. Probably at least one per month. 

You better not come here. Too much positive here for you.

Schleprock.jpg

• Members
2 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

Altar calls at the end of service for salvation, nearly every week.

As for baptisms, three weeks ago. Baptisms are a regular occurrence here. Probably at least one per month. 

You better not come here. Too much positive here for you.

Best report I heard in a long time. Good job going on there. 👍

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Again, this is YOUR experience. The Cowboy Church here, which we visit from time to time, has baptisms fairly regularly. The church we are members of has baptisms several times a month. A church where a good friend of mine is pastor has them at least once a month. I don't see how this is getting to be*rare* at all. There are regular decisions for salvation at all of these churches. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Three of my grandchildren have been saved and baptized this year. Their church has an altar call after every service. My church also has an altar call after each service. My church is much smaller than theirs, which probably accounts for fewer baptisms, It isn't for a lack of witnessing.