• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

IBF in/near Amarillo, TX

• Members

I have a new job that requires me to travel. I'm currently on assignment in Amarillo, TX. Anyone here know of a solid, IFB church in Amarillo? I've been to 2 churches so far, one was OK, leaning toward soft, the other seemed to have strayed to the left. I had one recommendation through my pastor from a pastor-friend of his, but he hadn't been at the one that he mentioned in years, and probably had no idea about their current state.

• Members

My wife is originally from that area, of course that was many years ago now, but even back then one had to be very careful in selecting a church. A Baptist church she attended there when she was younger taught that we become angels when we die!

I have a new job that requires me to travel. I'm currently on assignment in Amarillo, TX. Anyone here know of a solid, IFB church in Amarillo? I've been to 2 churches so far, one was OK, leaning toward soft, the other seemed to have strayed to the left. I had one recommendation through my pastor from a pastor-friend of his, but he hadn't been at the one that he mentioned in years, and probably had no idea about their current state.

Nope the closest I can get you is Central Faith Baptist in San Angelo. They're Independent Baptist but not Fundamental-Independent-Militant Baptist. A lot of Bible believing Baptists at Central Faith.

That's a bit far to drive for Sunday and Wednesday services.

• Members

My wife is originally from that area, of course that was many years ago now, but even back then one had to be very careful in selecting a church. A Baptist church she attended there when she was younger taught that we become angels when we die!

I actually had one pastor in Amarillo tell me they had many different "flavors" of IFB churches.

I've also heard that many churches are leaving their original churches to the SW part of the city which is growing, presumably to try to grow their church in numbers.

All I want is some good old fashioned Bible preaching.....seems harder and harder to find. I'm thankful for my home church.

• Members

I actually had one pastor in Amarillo tell me they had many different "flavors" of IFB churches.

I've also heard that many churches are leaving their original churches to the SW part of the city which is growing, presumably to try to grow their church in numbers.

All I want is some good old fashioned Bible preaching.....seems harder and harder to find. I'm thankful for my home church.

I hear ya! Some years ago when we had to look for a new church home it turned out to be a much more difficult thing to do than I had thought. The name of the church just doesn't mean what it used to, they still have to be checked closely. I'm thankful we did finally find a good church and one close to home.

• Members

Nope the closest I can get you is Central Faith Baptist in San Angelo. They're Independent Baptist but not Fundamental-Independent-Militant Baptist. A lot of Bible believing Baptists at Central Faith.

That's a bit far to drive for Sunday and Wednesday services.

1 Tim. 1.15: Interesting. So what's the difference?