• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Not sure where to put this: Gun or needle, for ear piercing?

farouk

• Members

You know, Farouk, not that I'm necessarily against ear-piercing, but just because a preacher or his wife or a lot of them do something - it doesn't make it right. Our 'permissions' should come from God's Word. ;)

salyan:

I think Crushmaster replied to your post ... :)

• Members

I got my ears pierced with a gun, too. It hurt, but not badly.

HappyChristian:

Gun seems to be the way to go now for putting in one or two pairs of studs, anyway, like as if the gun has replaced the potato and needle way of doing it 40 years ago! Edited by farouk

• Administrators

HappyChristian:

Gun seems to be the way to go now for putting in one or two pairs of studs, anyway, like as if the gun has replaced the potato and needle way of doing it 40 years ago!

Yeah, when I was in school, some of my friends did their ears with needles and cork (rather than the potato). But my mom wouldn't allow me to get mine done until I was 18. Guns were just becoming the way to go.

It seems there is some controversy brewing about the safety of the guns now.

• Members

Yeah, when I was in school, some of my friends did their ears with needles and cork (rather than the potato). But my mom wouldn't allow me to get mine done until I was 18. Guns were just becoming the way to go.

It seems there is some controversy brewing about the safety of the guns now.

Happy Christian:

Maybe your mom was a bit scared of needles or something.

I think it's partly a business thing why the anti-gun thing is talked up. You know, like, supposedly: You need to go get your pairs of studs put in with a needle, not a gun.

(But piercing parlors are usually the place where they use needles rather than guns, and often they do tats too, and often a person wouldn't want to go into a parlor, so is quite happy with the gun method at a jeweler, kiosk or hairdresser to get her studs put in.)

There is often a business vested interest why some kind of service or product is loudly proclaimed as better than another. :) Edited by farouk

• Members

You are absolutely right, it was that my mom didn't like needles. She almost passed out when the "gun" went off. Four times (my sister got hers done at the same time). It was rather funny.

HappyChristian:

:)

Getting it done seems to be a memorable fun moment, anyhow.

('Four times'?)

• Administrators

HappyChristian:

Getting it done seems to be a memorable fun moment, anyhow.

('Four times'?)

Yes, my sister had hers done - 2 ears each means 4 shots. I really thought my mom was going to faint! She had told us we couldn't get our ears pierced until we were 18. Her best friend took me, for my 18th, to get them done. My sister, who was not 18 yet, put up a fuss and so was allowed. I wasn't too happy about that, but was too glad I was getting them done to worry about it.

It was memorable. :icon_mrgreen:

• Members

Yes, my sister had hers done - 2 ears each means 4 shots. I really thought my mom was going to faint! She had told us we couldn't get our ears pierced until we were 18. Her best friend took me, for my 18th, to get them done. My sister, who was not 18 yet, put up a fuss and so was allowed. I wasn't too happy about that, but was too glad I was getting them done to worry about it.

It was memorable. :icon_mrgreen:

HappyChristian:

I sense a young person's thinking: 'Well, since I had to wait until 18, she ought to wait until 18, too!'

But then maybe it was: 'I'm having it done at long last!!'

(I see, 4 altogether, not 4 each.)

• Administrators

HappyChristian:

I sense a young person's thinking: 'Well, since I had to wait until 18, she ought to wait until 18, too!'

But then maybe it was: 'I'm having it done at long last!!'

(I see, 4 altogether, not 4 each.)

That was it, exactly! (I got my ears double pierced a few years later...wore very small earrings the same color as my other earrings, so they actually looked like one earring. Haven't worn double earrings for years now, though)

• Members

That was it, exactly! (I got my ears double pierced a few years later...wore very small earrings the same color as my other earrings, so they actually looked like one earring. )

Thought so; this is how young ppl and siblings so often think.

Anyway, seems like sets of studs get put in one pair at a time, usually, whether or not you decide for doubles later. (Daughters can often figure how sympathetic to doubles mom is, anyway.) Edited by farouk

• Members

I honestly don't know which one is preferable. I am not afraid to say, although some might think I am a heathen for it, that I have my ears pierced. ...

ms amblivion:

Well, there's no need to feel guilt manipulated into feeling afraid to say it, either. :) (Plenty of Godly women have done what you have done.)

Blessings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Haven't worn double earrings for years now, though)

HappyChristian, Yes well as the years go by I guess everyone thinks differently as to whether it can be worthwhile keeping the holes open for even occasionally slipping extra ones through. Blessings.

• Members

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

One should measure themselves against Christ, not some human, no matter who they are, one should try to obey the Holy Scriptures, measuring our self against Jesus, not one another.

One can wear an ear ring without having a hole in their ears, and I see no proof that those in the Old Testament mentioned had holes in their ears.

Of course those that have not been transformed, Romans 12:1-2, but conformed to the world, they do as they please, even daring to measure themselves by themselves.