• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Will God & the Saints have pleasure from lost souls suffering in the lake of fire forever?

JerryNumbers

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will God & the Saints have pleasure from lost souls suffering in the lake of fire forever?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I never thought of this

• Members

Do you think that in that day, when its all over, all of the saints are in heaven with God and Jesus, and all the lost are suffering in the everlasting fire, that God, Jesus, and all the Saints will have pleasure seeing the lost suffer?

Will God & the Saints have pleasure from lost souls suffering in the lake of fire forever?

I might add, it was diffcult for me to word this.

• Members

Do you think that in that day, when its all over, all of the saints are in heaven with God and Jesus, and all the lost are suffering in the everlasting fire, that God, Jesus, and all the Saints will have pleasure seeing the lost suffer?

I might add, it was diffcult for me to word this.

Pleasure? No, of course not.

"Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"

God doesn't even like it when believers get happy about bad things happening to their enemies on earth, and that is a lot less serious than being happy about someone suffering in torment for eternity.

"Proverbs 24:17-18 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him."

• Members

Let me ask this.

Will there be pleasure from the fact that they have gotten what they deserve because they rejected Christ, mocked God, and ect.

Perhaps pleasure would be the wrong word to use, but at the moment it seem my mind is locked and I can't seem to come up with a better word to use.

But please remember, we are speaking of that day in the future when all Christians will be in heaven, and all lost souls will have been cast into the lake of fire.

• Members

Let me ask this.

Will there be pleasure from the fact that they have gotten what they deserve because they rejected Christ, mocked God, and ect.

Perhaps pleasure would be the wrong word to use, but at the moment it seem my mind is locked and I can't seem to come up with a better word to use.

But please remember, we are speaking of that day in the future when all Christians will be in heaven, and all lost souls will have been cast into the lake of fire.

It will be recognized as just and right, but your right "pleasure" is the wrong word to use. Sort of like when a murder gets the lethal injection for his murder. Is that exactly a jump for joy time? No, it is the just punishment for the crime, it is what should be done given the situation, but it isn't or shouldn't be "pleasurable" to see the justice administered. It might teach a lesson, but certainly not a pleasant one.

• Members

It will be recognized as just and right, but your right "pleasure" is the wrong word to use. Sort of like when a murder gets the lethal injection for his murder. Is that exactly a jump for joy time? No, it is the just punishment for the crime, it is what should be done given the situation, but it isn't or shouldn't be "pleasurable" to see the justice administered. It might teach a lesson, but certainly not a pleasant one.

Well said!

• Members

I voted "No" like everyone else. We will, however, approve the just punishment of the wicked:

Rev 6:9 ¶ And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, [thou] heaven, and [ye] holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

We will also approve the just punishment of those we loved on earth who rejected the Gospel.

Mat 10:36 And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

• Members

I was doing a bible study still trying to find out my view on Revelation and I found these verses. I thought they might be relevant to this topic.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Edited by Nathaniel

• Members

One cannot deny it, those verses are in the Bible, I notice that some commentaries seem to explain them so that God will not really laugh.

Indeed, God will laugh, just as Scripture says. However, this is not a laugh of pleasure but a laugh of derision.

• Administrators

Indeed, God will laugh, just as Scripture says. However, this is not a laugh of pleasure but a laugh of derision.

Right. I don't believe God would laugh with pleasure at the consigning to Hell those for whom His Son died but who rejected Him...especially when God says He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. As has been pointed out, there is approval of the just punishment, but approval doesn't indicate pleasure.