• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Limited internet in Canada

Anon

• Members

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/01/canada-gets-first-bitter-dose-of-metered-internet-billing.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

I hope the USA doesn't get any "bright" ideas here...

• Members

The big boys in the ISP business, if they gang up together, our congressmen will take care of them while they take care of the congressmen. The America way, government taking care of those who take care of them.

No doubt there are a lot of offers being made out there to buy votes.

• Members

No doubt there are a lot of offers being made out there to buy votes.

Yes, & yes the offers are being taken, & it seems to be unknown to most voters, consumers, during election time, that most of the money supporting the campaigns comes from those business that gets favors from the elected officials. And it seems unknown to the majority that politics is a dirty rotten profession.

In its prime our government is set up to favor big business, not to favor the citizens,

Haliburton for instants, they've pocketed much money during Mr. Bush's years, as are the providers of gasoline are breaking records for profits right now and the voters, consumers, are suffering.

Just watch, if fuel prices keep on the upward trend, watch what it does to Americas economy, big companies with get rich, and you will see America turn into a 3rd world country. People such as you & I will be in a big hurt, if we can grow our on food them we might just survive. I might add, we will not be able to afford gas for our cars. We will go back to the ways of our grandparents, a trip to town will be made only when necessary, & there will be times we can't make that trip when its necessary. Most Americas feel that its impossible for that to happen in American, they feel the America life they've got use, that they enjoy so much, is a guarantee, or I could say they're trusting in America, man, not God.

Plus, the elected politician is not accountable, even if they break this nation, of which they doing.

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Jer 17:11 As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.
Jer 17:12 ¶ A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary.
Jer 17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.
Jer 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
Jer 17:15 Behold, they say unto me, Where is the word of the LORD? let it come now.
Jer 17:16 As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee.
Jer 17:17 Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil.

Yes, Americans have forsaken the Lord, pay day is right around the corner, perhaps many will learn the evil of trusting in a nation, or man. I'm so thankful my trust is the Lord, and I fear not the doom & gloom so many will face shortly.

Jer 17:5 ¶ Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
Jer 17:6 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
Jer 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
Jer 17:8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

We're getting close to finding out what the 'heath of the desert is like.

• Members

The governments will have difficulty taxing shoe leather usage. So, let's get out there this year and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mind if I wait a day or two? We are in the midst of a blizzard! :icon_mrgreen:

(While that's true, on an even more serious note: GREAT IDEA!!!) :thumb:

• Members

The governments will have difficulty taxing shoe leather usage. So, let's get out there this year and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That is where your wrong, it want be no big step for our congressmen, president, to put a big tax on shoes when gas gets so high many will not be driving, but using shoe leather express.

The one thing that all of our congressmen past & present, and all of our presidents, past & present, knows well, is how to raise taxes on anything & everything.

One thing I've noticed about many business, when times gets lean, they raise the price, & all that does is drives off more business. Most politicians thinks in lean times your suppose to raise the taxes & the tax payers are suppose to love the sacrifice.

• Members

That is where your wrong, it want be no big step for our congressmen, president, to put a big tax on shoes when gas gets so high many will not be driving, but using shoe leather express.

The one thing that all of our congressmen past & present, and all of our presidents, past & present, knows well, is how to raise taxes on anything & everything.

One thing I've noticed about many business, when times gets lean, they raise the price, & all that does is drives off more business. Most politicians thinks in lean times your suppose to raise the taxes & the tax payers are suppose to love the sacrifice.

Certainly, in one way or another, they will tax all they can to carry on their unconstitutional and ungodly agendas.

Eventually they will use their power to try and silence all true Christians.

Yet while we still are able, now is the time to spread the Gospel, focusing our full attention and loyalty upon Christ, letting the dead bury the dead as it were.

• Members

Ps 9:16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
18 For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
19 Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
20 Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

Judgment is coming for America if we don't get right with God. Is there hope for us? There is and will be hope for revival until Jesus comes for the Church, 2Th 2:7 "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.", as long as the Holy Spirit is still here we can have revival.

What is it going to take for the remnant to truly seek it? As I watch what is going on around us not only in the world but in the church too, I wonder if Christians really truly want a revival. When was the last time you were at an old fashion prayer meeting? All night? Crying out to God? Weeping over sin, your, mine, other, our nations?

Do we need some Jeremiahs, Isaiahs, Joels (not Olsten), Ezekiels, Pauls. Do we need men who will cry out against sin and call for repentance? My answer is YES, but who will do it? I mean pay the price? I've been told that if a man preaches like those men did, then he will not be able to build a church. I wonder if we need to quit worrying about building churches, and start concerning ourselves with getting as many saved as possible before Jesus comes?

• Members

It seems clear America is already under judgement and the hand of the Lord upon America is becoming more forceful each year. Most of American Christianity is complacent, comfort seeking and more interested in temporal earthly matters than that which matters for eternity. We may have reached the point where much of God's remnant won't really awaken until after America reaches the point where they are persecuted and America is in dire straits, or collapsed. This was often the case in Israels history and America seems to be following their pattern.

• Members

I honestly think that the day is at hand many Americas will lose most of what they're living for, their earthly possessions. Oh I know it will be very difficult for everyone about us. Yet among them will be a very few that will get along. It will be those that entered the strait narrow gate.

• Members

The five developed countries with the lowest tax rates.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-countries-low-taxes-yahoofinanceuk-648515250.html

"Any comparison of taxes is complicated because not all countries have the same types of taxes, nor do they apply them in a consistent way. The comparison method used by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) is to calculate an "aggregate tax burden" consisting of the ratio of total tax revenues to what the country produces — or gross domestic product.

Based on data contained in the 2010 edition of its Revenue Statistics report, the two lowest-taxed countries are Mexico and Turkey. Included in the database are OECD member countries that represent many of the world's largest economies. Since 2000, the overall tax burden for those countries has hovered in the range of 35-36%.

Here's a look at five countries at the low end of the tax burden scale and how their citizens are faring in the current economic environment.

Free guides to beating tax

1. Mexico

In addition to being the lowest-taxed country in the OECD report at 21.1%, based on the latest available estimates, KPMG ranked Mexico as the best place to do business from an overall tax standpoint. The May 2010 KPMG report focused on 95 cities in 10 developed countries. Mexico's low cost of living has attracted more US expatriates and retirees than any other country — as well as immigrants from the rest of the developed word.

While Mexico has a reputation of being dangerous in some areas, most of the country is relatively safe. It also offers low property taxes and quality medical care at costs far less than in the United States - and many of its doctors were trained in the United States.

The medical system is a combination of public, private and employer-sponsored insurance programs. The level of care varies by provider, with the best services offered by the privately funded systems. Funding for public healthcare is rising, but still remains one of the lowest per capita expenditures among OECD countries at only 6.6% of GDP.

2. Turkey

Turkey imposes income taxes on both individuals and companies. In addition to these direct taxes, it levies a VAT of 18% and other indirect taxes. It's the second-lowest taxed country behind Mexico with a tax to GDP ratio of 23.5% and is the world's 16th largest economy.

Turkey has a centralised healthcare and social welfare system that is administered by the federal government. The Ministry of Health has sweeping responsibilities including preventive health services, supervision of private hospitals, regulation of drug production and pricing, training of medical personnel and construction and operation of state hospitals.

3. South Korea

The Far East didn't escape the financial crisis, but South Korea weathered the storm better than most. The president of the country, Lee Myung-bak, is a former head of Hyundai. He instituted programs to rescue certain companies and banks, cut interest rates and implemented currency-swaps to shore-up the country's foreign currency reserves.

Taxes weren't raised, thereby maintaining South Korea's position as one of the lowest-taxed countries at a 26.6% aggregate tax burden. Among all the OECD developed countries, it experienced the most rapid recovery with an estimated 2010 GDP growth rate of about 5.8%. Seoul hosted the G20 Leaders Summit in November 2010.

4. United States

With the world's largest economy at over $14 trillion, the United States maintains a high standard of living with a relatively low overall tax rate, compared with other nations. With a total tax burden of approximately 26.9%, its workers enjoy the highest income per hour in a free market economic system.

While it does not provide the level of comprehensive services as countries such as Denmark and Sweden, it has major social programs in place that focus on seniors including Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Pre-retirement safety nets include relatively generous welfare and unemployment benefits.

Unlike many European countries, the United States has no value added tax or national sales tax. Federal government revenues are derived primarily from a progressive income tax that ranges from 10% to 35%.

5. Ireland

Things have changed in Ireland since the OECD ranked it fifth on the lowest aggregate tax list at 28.3%. Faced with growing deficits and shrinking revenues, the country recently appealed to the European Union and International Monetary Fund for a bailout to rescue its failing banking system.

As a condition of receiving such financial aid, the government said that it would cut spending by 20% and raise taxes over the next four years. The goal is to reduce the annual deficit to 3% of GDP by the end of 2014.

The plan to accomplish this includes cutting its generous welfare programs by €2.8 billion and reducing the salaries for new government employees by 10%. The minimum wage will also be cut by €1 per hour to a revised rate of €7.65 per hour and tax breaks on pensions will be reduced.

The increased taxes on income are expected to generate additional revenue of €1.9 billion over four years. A new site tax will be levied on property and the sales tax will be raised from 21% to 23% in 2014.

The Bottom Line

While these countries have enjoyed lower taxes, the United States and Ireland have accumulated debt loads that are putting increasing pressure on their ability to maintain the same level of government services.

Ireland is already taking significant steps to reduce spending and get its fiscal house in order, the United States has not yet taken the steps needed to reduce its growing debt and get federal spending under control.

The situation in the United States may only get worse before it gets better. This year will be the first one where the "baby boomer" generation becomes eligible for full retirement benefits from Social Security and Medicare.

Without substantial changes, those programs will not be able to support the same standard of living to which Americans have become accustomed. So the top five low tax countries may look very different in the years to come. "

• Members

Most of those "government services" are actually means of enslavement.

Our ancestors would have recognized this and fought against such. Today, most have no real concept of true liberty and actually beg to have the government shackle them.

It's interesting to consider that about a hundred years ago a natural disaster struck a section of the country. That area was devastated, people were homeless, without work, and naturally without most of what so many today believe can't be lived without. Anyway, the Federal government offered assistance and the States effected turned it down because such was unconstitutional and it was a usurpation of power for them to take over relief efforts as they wanted to. The Feds attempted to appeal to counties, cities and local residents...all of them turned the Feds down and where the Feds actually attempted to enter an area, the local, impoverished residents themselves turned the Fed convoy away.

They understood what liberty meant and how easily it could be lost. They accepted the fact that along with liberty comes personal responsibility.

As a side note, without the Feds help this disaster was dealt with faster and more successfully than any disaster where the Feds have come in since they have taken over in such matters.