• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I've prayed and prayed about WHAT Bible version God would have me to read, I bought a NKJV Study Bible awhile ago, and it just didn't "seem right" to me........can't explain it really. I've NEVER liked the NIV, which I feel is a very poor translation, but I thought the NKJV was ok.......now, I KNOW that God has shown me in many different ways, most of them just the discomfort about reading some other version, that the KJV is THE Bible I WANT!!!...........it's like coming home !! my :2cents

Guest Guest
I've prayed and prayed about WHAT Bible version God would have me to read' date=' I bought a NKJV Study Bible awhile ago, and it just didn't "seem right" to me........can't explain it really. I've NEVER liked the NIV, which I feel is a very poor translation, but I thought the NKJV was ok.......now, I KNOW that God has shown me in many different ways, most of them just the discomfort about reading some other version, that the KJV is THE Bible I WANT!!!...........it's like coming home !! my :2cents[/quote']

When I got saved a well meaning Christian woman gave me an NIV. I always felt strange when they relegated whole portions of scripture to the footnotes and would say that it wasn't in the best and most reliable manuscripts. I would read the passages anyways. When I wanted a new Bible and ask God to give me the best Bible out there about two days later my brother's pastor gave me a new KJV 1611 Thompson Chain Reference Bible . A little while later I decided to go live at a camp for troubled teens that turned out to be a "KJV Onlyist" camp thank God!

Wil