• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New IFB Church

• Members

Friday night at the county fair I saw a booth for a new Baptist Church that started up and is, surprisedly, meeting at the high school. It's IFB and KJV to boot. I told him I was surprise they were letting him hold services there and he agreed. I guess nobody has pulled out the "separation of church and state' card on him yet. The first time he preaches hard against certain sins most likely someone will complain. I know in the past they had a non-denominational church meet at the middle school until the church got their own building. One of the custodians told me they also had a prayer group and Bible study in the mornings at the middle school to before the work day started. I never could make it because of my bus schedule.

It's good to see a least one school district not being aggressive towards Christianity. I may go and check it out.

• Members

I visited a church and later became we became member to a church that started in a public school. I guess they’re open for business, but you must follow the rules like anywhere else. Be prepared to help set up and break down the chairs, they will appreciate any help and support.

• Members
13 hours ago, SureWord said:

Friday night at the county fair I saw a booth for a new Baptist Church that started up and is, surprisedly, meeting at the high school. It's IFB and KJV to boot. I told him I was surprise they were letting him hold services there and he agreed. I guess nobody has pulled out the "separation of church and state' card on him yet. The first time he preaches hard against certain sins most likely someone will complain. I know in the past they had a non-denominational church meet at the middle school until the church got their own building. One of the custodians told me they also had a prayer group and Bible study in the mornings at the middle school to before the work day started. I never could make it because of my bus schedule.

It's good to see a least one school district not being aggressive towards Christianity. I may go and check it out.

Do you mind telling us in what state that may be? Having lived in both New York and California I can't see that freedom being tolerated in either of those states.

• Members
9 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

Do you mind telling us in what state that may be? Having lived in both New York and California I can't see that freedom being tolerated in either of those states.

Central Virginia near Charlottesville.

• Members
47 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

That helps explain it for me. A more conservative area. I believe my current area in E. TN would be equally accommodating.

They would be here in Middle Tennessee as well. There are several churches in local schools here. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

That helps explain it for me. A more conservative area. I believe my current area in E. TN would be equally accommodating.

Charlottesville is not a conservative area. Very liberal. 

• Members
On 8/20/2024 at 5:29 AM, Napsterdad said:

Well, praise God they are willing to have a KJV IFB church operate out of a public school. Any step towards God is a step in the right direction.

I think it's this particular school district. I believe the one Principal is a graduate of Falwell's college. I know a lot in the school are. The new gym teacher who's child rose my bus is a Christian and his daughter told me he was getting a real hard time because of his faith from the liberal principal at his previous school in Charlottesville. I recommended him to the principal as the new gym teacher after the previous one retired and he gave me credit for getting the job.

A side note his daughter used to preach at the unruly boys in the back of the bus. I'd hear them going at it sometimes. She would even bring her Bible on the bus. It was quite funny at times.