• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Preachers, supporting political leaders from the pulpit

• Members
Posted (edited)

The world is changing, people are changing, and so are churches. I know there are many Christians who rather not talk about this. This is happening and many Christians are not happy to hear them doing this, during a service or from the pulpit. myself being a independent voter agreed that this should not be happening. The church is a place of fellowship, worship, and praise to the creator, and growth in the faith. I’m sad to say pretty much all my favorite preachers are falling into this. I know things are not looking good and they are worried but by using the pulpit, I humbly think they’re wrong doing this.

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

The world is changing, people are changing, and so are churches. I know there are many Christians who rather not talk about this. This is happening and many Christians are not happy to hear them doing this, during a service or from the pulpit. myself being a independent voter agreed that this should not be happening. The church is a place of fellowship, worship, and praise to the creator, and growth in the faith. I’m sad to say pretty much all my favorite preachers are falling into this. I know things are not looking good and they are worried but by using the pulpit, I humbly think they’re wrong doing this.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

We have some evil, vile and dangerous politics being promoted and implemented as we speak. I would say it's a preacher's job to expose such. He may not be free to openly promote one party over another but, they know who they are.

• Members
On 7/29/2024 at 12:51 PM, heartstrings said:

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

We have some evil, vile and dangerous politics being promoted and implemented as we speak. I would say it's a preacher's job to expose such. He may not be free to openly promote one party over another but, they know who they are.

This is one thing that has always bothered me. In predominantly African American churches the Democrats seem to have a free hand in not only having these pastors telling their congregations to vote for the Democrats while still being allowed to keep their 501c3 tax exempt status in violation of Federal law. Most conservative and Caucasian congregations don't do this and get in trouble if they do. 

I have only set under one pastor that told the congregation who to vote for. It was in an IFB church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. 

• Members
On 7/31/2024 at 11:35 AM, BrotherTony said:

This is one thing that has always bothered me. In predominantly African American churches the Democrats seem to have a free hand in not only having these pastors telling their congregations to vote for the Democrats while still being allowed to keep their 501c3 tax exempt status in violation of Federal law. Most conservative and Caucasian congregations don't do this and get in trouble if they do. 

I have only set under one pastor that told the congregation who to vote for. It was in an IFB church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. 

I agree brother. Even when they refer to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton as "Reverend" it drives me crazy. They are political reps  for the DNC narrative and even when they bring Jesus name into an issues it's often based on false theology can doctrine.