• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians and artificial intelligence ?

• Administrators

My Google hubs, Google Nest, and my Google Tvs listen as well. 

Here's the kicker..Google devices don't eavesdrop on your conversations. They only activate when you say 'Hey Google' or 'OK Google,' triggering their voice recognition feature. I'm sure Apple does the same thing.

• Members
9 hours ago, Pastor Matt said:

My Google hubs, Google Nest, and my Google Tvs listen as well. 

Here's the kicker..Google devices don't eavesdrop on your conversations. They only activate when you say 'Hey Google' or 'OK Google,' triggering their voice recognition feature. I'm sure Apple does the same thing.

My old iPhone has been working a bit slower today, They might be doing it purposely, so I purchased a new one.  The sale has not taken off for the new ones. Apple did not raise its prices this time around. People are just holding on to their old iPhones. Also, the economy is hurting.

• Members

My company provides my phone, which is the ONLY reason I have an iPhone XR. I've had the same one for the past 5 years and it still does everything I need it to do, just not as well as the old Samsung I used to have. As soon as I retire it's back to Samsung, and likely the cheapest one they have on Consumer Cellular. I have no need for the one-pixel better picture quality the latest $1000 upgrade will get you.

As for AI, like everything else I believe it is what the user makes of it. If used for appropriate reasons I do not see the harm. Unfortunately, there are always those who will twist whatever technology is out there to the work of the devil. We cannot stop advancing simply because some may use those advances for evil (unless, of course, that advancement is initially intended for evil).

• Members
1 hour ago, Napsterdad said:

My company provides my phone, which is the ONLY reason I have an iPhone XR. I've had the same one for the past 5 years and it still does everything I need it to do, just not as well as the old Samsung I used to have. As soon as I retire it's back to Samsung, and likely the cheapest one they have on Consumer Cellular. I have no need for the one-pixel better picture quality the latest $1000 upgrade will get you.

As for AI, like everything else I believe it is what the user makes of it. If used for appropriate reasons I do not see the harm. Unfortunately, there are always those who will twist whatever technology is out there to the work of the devil. We cannot stop advancing simply because some may use those advances for evil (unless, of course, that advancement is initially intended for evil).

At one time Vivian was using a cellphone that CEVA Logistics had for use in the warehouse.  If I'm not mistaken, it was an iPhone. She didn't like it that well, so she started using her personal cellphone (Motorola G7) to stay in contact throughout the day. We've never had any problem with the alleged "listening in" that TGL puts forth. Personally, even if they were listening in, our lives here are boring to others because we talk about church, God, and family. There's nothing we say in our daily conversations that anyone who hears would be frightened by, SO, listen away! 😉 The sky isn't falling as someone is suggesting.