• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians and artificial intelligence ?

• Members

Who Are They Serving … 👼 👺

Christians can have different perspectives on artificial intelligence (AI) and how it relates to their faith. Some say that Christians should care about the future of AI and use it to align with their faith-based values, while others say that AI and the church should not intersect.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Who Are They Serving … 👼 👺

Christians can have different perspectives on artificial intelligence (AI) and how it relates to their faith. Some say that Christians should care about the future of AI and use it to align with their faith-based values, while others say that AI and the church should not intersect.

AI in and of itself is not a bad thing. The problem would seem to lie in how much a pastor or those in the pews would come to depend on AI in their study of the Bible and ministry to the lost. You're correct when you state that some say AI and the church should not intersect. I believe that this is because of their fear of all things technological citing their beliefs that AI is a part of the OWG and the Antichrist (Mark of the Beast).

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The New iPhone 16 is out for preorders. Ai inside to help all users. But the price is still too high for these newer smartphones. What is AI, artificial intelligence. I am not sure where Christian stands with this technology yet. I believe there’s no option. You have to use it, if you’d like it or not.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

The New iPhone 16 is out for preorders. Ai inside to help all users. But the price is still too high for these newer smartphones. What is AI, artificial intelligence. I am not sure where Christian stands with this technology yet. I believe there’s no option. You have to use it, if you’d like it or not.

AI is dangerous, IMO. Pretty soon nobody will know what is true and what is artificial. Chaos in the making. 

• Members
49 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

AI is dangerous, IMO. Pretty soon nobody will know what is true and what is artificial. Chaos in the making. 

I was just getting back into voice acting again, but, I stopped because a lot of the companies out there are wanting us to sign contracts stating that AI can be used to help adjust/change certain portions of the work we did if we weren't available on an immediate basis. I'm probably going to do Independent jobs for reading of children's books, voice mail boxes, etc.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

LOL, Apple is the last company to incorporate AI so you need to not worry. Use the iPhone so you know you'll be behind in technology and you will not have any worries. 🙂 Problem solved.

• Members
48 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

LOL, Apple is the last company to incorporate AI so you need to not worry. Use the iPhone so you know you'll be behind in technology and you will not have any worries. 🙂 Problem solved.

Thank you for that information. I have a question. Maybe you might be able to answer, I have a iPhone 11 Pro, it has only 4GLTE network, will AI effect this iPhone? I rather not have it at this time.

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Thank you for that information. I have a question. Maybe you might be able to answer, I have a iPhone 11 Pro, it has only 4GLTE network, will AI effect this iPhone? I rather not have it at this time.

According to Apple, if you're an iPhone user, you'll need the latest and greatest to get the full Apple Intelligence experience.

• Members
23 minutes ago, Pastor Matt said:

According to Apple, if you're an iPhone user, you'll need the latest and greatest to get the full Apple Intelligence experience.

I was thinking of not making any more new upgrades. I have the iOS 17.6 and all I was gonna to do is just updates of the apps only for now on. Not to add the iOS 18

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Administrators
14 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Thanks anything is better then the android spyware smartphone. 😅

You're telling me you know nothing about technology without telling me you know nothing about technology. Lol

8 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

That is actually what my hubs sticks with. Poor fella. heehee

We have a few in our church like that. Someday they are going to be like.... "see I told you so" . 😂 

• Members
10 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Poor and smart fella, staying away from all the newest evil devices. 📲📶 they are controlling and listening to people’s lives.

Why is my phone listening to me?

Most phones listen to you to enable voice assistant apps like Siri and Google Assistant that are constantly alert for verbal cues like “Hey Siri” or “OK Google.” Based on your query, they can help you set reminders, make phone calls, play music, and more.

Alternatively, social media apps like Snapchat and GPS tools like Google Maps might access your microphone to enable full functionality in a variety of scenarios.