• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Voting for one the of two less evils biblical?

Go to solution Solved by HappyChristian,

• Members
42 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I forgot to mention there will Christians? That will be blind to other believers' faiths and non-living ways. 

Where would we be if we did not have TGL to point out the obvious negatives?

TGL - going forward I think it would be good if you were a bit more forgetful on the negatives.

On 7/20/2024 at 8:17 AM, Napsterdad said:

Who here needs to go back to basic training and why? Be specific. What are you doing that some of us are missing? Give some positive feedback, not just negative accusations.

I did notice that you forgot to answer any of my questions.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

Where would we be if we did not have TGL to point out the obvious negatives?

TGL - going forward I think it would be good if you were a bit more forgetful on the negatives.

I did notice that you forgot to answer any of my questions.

I won't mention names, not good practice. 👍

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

I forgot to mention there will Christians? That will be blind to other believers' faiths and non-living ways. 

Say what? Can anyone make heads or tails of this? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Watching Trump speak at one of his rallies, where many Christians were present. He said I love Christians. I am half Christian. 

This remind me of those Christians that lose their salvation and those who are not sure that they are saved. Poor Trump, hopefully, he repents and comes to the truth with Hindu J D Vance. For a better America. The other liberal side, they are simply blind. 

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

Watching Trump speak at one of his rallies, were many Christians were present. He said I love Christians. I am half Christian. 

This remind me of those Christians that lose their salvation and those who are not sure that they are saved. Poor Trump, hopefully, he repents and comes to the truth with Hindu J D Vance. For a better America. The other liberal side, they are simply blind. 

Do you have a reference point or clip to prove the claim that he said such a thing? I've watched nearly all the rallies that they've televised and heard others on the radio and have NEVER heard him say such a thing. I've even googled it and got no returns. 

As far as Vance is concerned you're still telling outright lies about him being Hindu. He's RCC. He says he is saved.  FALSE accusations and assumptions seem to be commonplace with you TGL and that's a shame. 

Christians don't **lose their salvation**. There are many Christians who have questions about their salvation at times. Most come to the realization that Christ saved them and that the adversary is the author of confusion. I NEVER down those who have questions. It's a good thing as it shows that the Holy Spirit is working in their lives. 

• Members
On 7/29/2024 at 5:58 PM, TheGloryLand said:

Some interesting news I like to share with my friends here. New bitcoin leader?

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/donald-trump-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-price-regulation-b2587771.html

With the constant attacks on the US Dollar, and the endless printing of money helping to devalue said currency there will have to be a revamping of our monetary system. The Dollar could be reintroduced being once again based on a gold standard, or we could go to a digital or cryptocurrency. The disadvantages of a digital currency to the citizens are the government knowing of and possibly deciding on what products or services a person could buy, and also the cutting off of the citizens freedom with the proverbial touch of a button. I wholly believe that this is a move towards a centralized (One World). currency and government. In and of itself the Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency isn't nefarious. We need to keep an eye on the progression of this attempt.

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2024 at 1:25 PM, BrotherTony said:

Do you have a reference point or clip to prove the claim that he said such a thing? I've watched nearly all the rallies that they've televised and heard others on the radio and have NEVER heard him say such a thing. I've even googled it and got no returns. 

As far as Vance is concerned you're still telling outright lies about him being Hindu. He's RCC. He says he is saved.  FALSE accusations and assumptions seem to be commonplace with you TGL and that's a shame. 

Christians don't **lose their salvation**. There are many Christians who have questions about their salvation at times. Most come to the realization that Christ saved them and that the adversary is the author of confusion. I NEVER down those who have questions. It's a good thing as it shows that the Holy Spirit is working in their lives. 

Kamala Harris is the one who was raised with Hindu values by her parents, and in my opinion it shows in her political views. Her mom was from Indian ancestry and believe her father was half Indian and Jamaican. 

I suspect those stupid attempts as "philosophical" sounding speeches are a reflection of understanding the world through a neo hinduism context. 

Instead of giving the Judeo- Christian God credit for life on earth she reminds us that we didn't just fall out of a "coconut tree".

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members
1 hour ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Kamala Harris is the one who was raised with Hindu values by her parents, and in my opinion it shows in her political views. Her mom was from Indian ancestry and believe her father was half Indian and Jamaican. 

I suspect those stupid attempts as "philosophical" sounding speeches are a reflection of understanding the world through a neo hinduism context. 

Instead of giving the Judeo- Christian God credit for life on earth she reminds us that we didn't just fall out of a "coconut tree".

As far left as she leans politically, I am surprised she believes in any type of god.  I know she hates Christians and Christianity and it has shown in her political and personal lives. We truly don't need her in any political office in this country.

• Members
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

As far left as she leans politically, I am surprised she believes in any type of god.  I know she hates Christians and Christianity and it has shown in her political and personal lives. We truly don't need her in any political office in this country.

I agree with that. I think she is perceived as more "moderate" from her connection with Biden but if you imagine Ilhan Omar as an atheist you get a very scary politician - VP Kamala Harris.

I believe that most American Hindus probably lean more to the left politically. If you consider the implication of believing reincarnation alone you end up opposing any food not vegetarian as any cow or a worm could be the current vessel of a loved one. Also abortion wouldn't necessarily be sinful in their eyes based on the idea that everyone continues their life and death cycle repeatedly until nirvana is reached. When a soul isn't valued as created by God morality has a way going out the door. I also imagine they would take a radical position with the left wing on global warming when you believe the world is essentially a never ending soul prison for the past and present.

I know here in Indiana probably nearly 50% of the gas stations are owned by different families from India. It seems like when they open instead of hiring locals they end up sponsoring as many family members from their homeland as possible to fill those positions. The business men from India my lean towards the right because of tax issues but imagine the vast majority are at least left leaning 

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members
45 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I agree with that. I think she is perceived as more "moderate" from her connection with Biden but if you imagine Ilhan Omar as an atheist you get a very scary politician - VP Kamala Harris.

I believe that most American Hindus probably lean more to the left politically. If you consider the implication of believing reincarnation alone you end up opposing any food not vegetarian as any cow or a worm could be the current vessel of a loved one. Also abortion wouldn't necessarily be sinful in their eyes based on the idea that everyone continues their life and death cycle repeatedly until nirvana is reached. When a soul isn't valued as created by God morality has a way going out the door. I also imagine they would take a radical position with the left wing on global warming when you believe the world is essentially a never ending soul prison for the past and present.

I know here in Indiana probably nearly 50% of the gas stations are owned by different families from India. It seems like when they open instead of hiring locals they end up sponsoring as many family members from their homeland as possible to fill those positions. The business men from India my lean towards the right because of tax issues but imagine the vast majority are at least left leaning 

It's the same here in Tennessee. Not only are the gas stations owned by Indian families, but so are a good number of the Subway sandwich shops and also motels. We no longer support our local Subway restaurants, nor do we support the gas stations owned by Indian people. It's not because of their nationality, but because of the poor service and fraud perpetrated by these people. My wife and I, and my sister have all worked with and for these people and have firsthand knowledge of how they operate.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Have the new Democrat party impressed any of you guys, and persuaded you to vote? Trump looks like he looking for more Twitter or X voters again. Trump's Dalie Twitter drove me crazy the last time. 🤣

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Have the new Democrat party impressed any of you guys, and persuaded you to vote? Trump looks like he looking for more Twitter or X voters again. Trump's Dalie Twitter drove me crazy the last time. 🤣

No. I would vote for RFK over Kamala any day. We can't have four years of a president speaking to other world leaders about things like "falling out of a coconut tree" when we are on the brink of another world war. 

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members
1 hour ago, Disciple.Luke said:

No. I would vote for RFK over Kamala any day. We can't have four years of a president speaking to other world leaders about things like "falling out of a coconut tree" when we are on the brink of another world war. 

I would still find it hard to vote for RFK. I mean, if the ONLY choices were Harris or him, I guess would have to.