• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Romans Road For Salvation πŸ™πŸ˜‡

• Members

Versus that we can all share the simple plan of salvation. πŸ˜‡ you don’t have to be a pastor, or an Evangelist to share the gospel. Just born again saved, and if you are baptized, this will be a plus. If you are visiting a church, that people are not getting saved or the gospel not being shown to them, you might need to find a different church. God Bless, the Romans Road is a good way to share the gospel, but not the only way.

Β 

Β 

The "Romans Road" is a good start but one should study the scriptures and understand how everything is tied together with the message of the gospel being consistent from Genesis to Revelation.

It is a good idea to memorize all the verses of the Romans Road but it is even more important that you understand each of these verses in its proper context in order to properly expound upon and explain its meaning.

• Members
12 minutes ago, R Sauter said:

The "Romans Road" is a good start but one should study the scriptures and understand how everything is tied together with the message of the gospel being consistent from Genesis to Revelation.

It is a good idea to memorize all the verses of the Romans Road but it is even more important that you understand each of these verses in its proper context in order to properly expound upon and explain its meaning.

I can lead someone to Christ without studying and memorizing versus from the Old Testament. The way you explain things don’t sound like the simple plan of salvation to me, but by works.

5 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

I can lead someone to Christ without studying and memorizing versus from the Old Testament. The way you explain things don’t sound like the simple plan of salvation to me, but by works.

Hey, if you just want to be a "Dumb Hillbilly for Jesus" and boast in your ignorance, who am I to stop you?

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

Could you please point out where ANYONE has said to memorize verses from the OT? I didn't quite find that anywhere. Where do you find anything about "works?" That wasn't mentioned or even implied anywhere.Β 

• Members
25 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Could you please point out where ANYONE has said to memorize verses from the OT? I didn't quite find that anywhere. Where do you find anything about "works?" That wasn't mentioned or even implied anywhere.Β 

sorry, I’m not gonna fall for that trap.

• Members
1 minute ago, TheGloryLand said:

sorry, I’m not gonna fall for that trap.

What trap, TGL? Simple questions that should be met with a simple HONEST answer. You hurl wild accusations of "works" theology, and memorization of OT verses. It's just not there.Β 

• Administrators

@R Sauter First, name calling and caustic comments towards members is not going to continue. It is NOT necessary to use the Old Testament to win a soul to the Lord...so somebody is NOT a "dumb hillbilly" just because they choose to use verses that don't meet with someone else's approval.

@TheGloryLand, there is sometimes a need to use OT verses...all scripture is given by inspiration, remember. The NT tells us that the law is a schoolmaster to point us to Christ. If we do not realize that we have broken God's law (which is what sin is) - because nobody can keep the law - we cannot be saved. Using verses from the OT does not mean one is promoting works.

@BrotherTony, I think (and I could beΒ  wrong, have been before) the "works" reference is in regards to the teachings of Ray Comfort. He does not teach salvation by works, but some of his comments seem to come close. There were no wild accusations, so let's just take a breath, ok?Β 

Thread locked.