• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hateful Christianity????

• Members

Grace with salt is not syrup. Too much syrup, not vinegar, coming out of Christians mouths. 

I never see many Christians get hateful towards homosexuals actually most are inviting them into their churches unrepentant with the tired "love the sinner, hate the sin" slogan.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Grace with salt is not syrup. Too much syrup, not vinegar, coming out of Christians mouths. 

I never see many Christians get hateful towards homosexuals actually most are inviting them into their churches unrepentant with the tired "love the sinner, hate the sin" slogan.

I don't see this where I live, except in churches and denominations that have gone apostate. And we ARE to love the sinner and hate the sin. We can let them come into the churches to hear the gospel without making them participants in the functioning of the church. There may be"too much syrup" where you live, but, not here.

Tony, I think you may be talking over a few heads here...

If all that IFB Preacher can see is how evil it was that the Gideon Missionary used the ESV, then that pastor is a worthless hireling and is not worth the powder and shot needed to blow him to Hell and you can tell him I said so! Perhaps I am being a little ungracious here but I am showing no less grace than this deadbeat is showing towards other churches and ministries in his area!

What is truly sad here is based on some responses I have seen here, some are likely thinking "HAAYMAN, THAT'S GOOD PREACHIN!" and "They just can't handle hard preaching!" as this gentleman you are speaking of is ripping on other pastors and ministries in his area!

I am hoping your friends were believers looking for a good Church rather than unbelievers who are on a quest for truth? If so, I would be thankful that their shenanigans were exposed right off the bat rather than being concealed under a bunch of "Syrup and Goo!" Had they been lost, such likely would've sealed their fate and good luck ever trying to present the gospel message to them ever again!

If someone truly loves the KJV and believes it to be the Word of God (as I do), I want to see how such has transformed their lives and that Christ has been formed in them as a result! Their messages should be rich in scriptural and doctrinal truth and completely void of their own opinions and "Hobby Horse" statements! If all you are doing is thumping on the cover, waving it around, and shouting "KING JAMES 1611" then you need to repent and likely need to get saved! Now, how's that for "hard preaching?" Can you handle it big boy?😎

• Members
25 minutes ago, R Sauter said:

Tony, I think you may be talking over a few heads here...

If all that IFB Preacher can see is how evil it was that the Gideon Missionary used the ESV, then that pastor is a worthless hireling and is not worth the powder and shot needed to blow him to Hell and you can tell him I said so! Perhaps I am being a little ungracious here but I am showing no less grace than this deadbeat is showing towards other churches and ministries in his area!

What is truly sad here is based on some responses I have seen here, some are likely thinking "HAAYMAN, THAT'S GOOD PREACHIN!" and "They just can't handle hard preaching!" as this gentleman you are speaking of is ripping on other pastors and ministries in his area!

I am hoping your friends were believers looking for a good Church rather than unbelievers who are on a quest for truth? If so, I would be thankful that their shenanigans were exposed right off the bat rather than being concealed under a bunch of "Syrup and Goo!" Had they been lost, such likely would've sealed their fate and good luck ever trying to present the gospel message to them ever again!

If someone truly loves the KJV and believes it to be the Word of God (as I do), I want to see how such has transformed their lives and that Christ has been formed in them as a result! Their messages should be rich in scriptural and doctrinal truth and completely void of their own opinions and "Hobby Horse" statements! If all you are doing is thumping on the cover, waving it around, and shouting "KING JAMES 1611" then you need to repent and likely need to get saved! Now, how's that for "hard preaching?" Can you handle it big boy?😎

You know both you and I have been there done that! I still rely on my KJV as my translation of choice. I preach from it, teach from it, and use it in all of my writing projects needing Scripture references in them. But, as I have stated many times here and elsewhere, I am not going to try and destroy someone else's translation of choice unless Christ cannot be found in that translation and it cannot be used for the good in their growing in grace and holiness. I certainly will not try to limit what the Holy Spirit can use because of a preconceived notion. I've got a sister whose church uses the ESV, and they are an on fire soul winning Southern Baptist church. Man is consistently trying to put their own bias ahead of what the Holy Spirit can do, and it's not profitable for the Kingdom.

56 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

You know both you and I have been there done that! I still rely on my KJV as my translation of choice. I preach from it, teach from it, and use it in all of my writing projects needing Scripture references in them. But, as I have stated many times here and elsewhere, I am not going to try and destroy someone else's translation of choice unless Christ cannot be found in that translation and it cannot be used for the good in their growing in grace and holiness. I certainly will not try to limit what the Holy Spirit can use because of a preconceived notion. I've got a sister whose church uses the ESV, and they are an on fire soul winning Southern Baptist church. Man is consistently trying to put their own bias ahead of what the Holy Spirit can do, and it's not profitable for the Kingdom.

The ESV is my "Alexandrian" version of choice and it is the primary version that our Church uses. They are perfectly fine that I use my KJV whenever I am teaching or preaching though.

• Members
22 minutes ago, R Sauter said:

The ESV is my "Alexandrian" version of choice and it is the primary version that our Church uses. They are perfectly fine that I use my KJV whenever I am teaching or preaching though.

The church we're members of at the present has transitioned to the CSB. I'm not particularly fond of the translation, but, we've had several families get saved using it. I still read along with my KJV. TBH, I do use other versions for reference, and I have to say that many times it helps bring a passage I've read many times over the years into a new perspective. God truly isn't limited by my use of the KJV, nor is he hindered by my use of other versions. 

2 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

The church we're members of at the present has transitioned to the CSB. I'm not particularly fond of the translation, but, we've had several families get saved using it. I still read along with my KJV. TBH, I do use other versions for reference, and I have to say that many times it helps bring a passage I've read many times over the years into a new perspective. God truly isn't limited by my use of the KJV, nor is he hindered by my use of other versions. 

I fully understand this and have experienced this as well. There are many times when I am stumbling all over some passage in the KJV and everything clears right up when I read the same passage in my ESV! And for the benefit of hard-core KJVO types here, I do not use the ESV to "correct" the KJV! For the most part, I see that the KJV says the exact same thing; just not in a sentence structure that modern English speaking people are accustomed to. Due to my limited understanding of the "original languages," its the best I have to work with.