• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"now this is gone be offensive...."

heartstrings

• Members

That was posted on facebook by a dear friend of mine.

Actually, no, it wasn't offensive at all. You're in a church setting, saying things you know most of your hearers agree with and everybody clapped at the end. But I can tell you how to make it offensive. Define the "nuclear family" with the man as the "head", like the King James does, and by all means relate his roles as "loving his wife", "giving himself" and "providing" like the King James does. Then don't stop short like you just did. Define the wife as being "subject" and her role as "submitting" and "obeying". I wonder of they would clap for you then? And just so everyone knows, I treasure my Wife and don't treat her like a "doormat".  But many pastors treat their men like "doormats" while getting lots of admiration from some of the ladies. I wonder about such men. Maybe many are just simply afraid to proclaim the whole counsel of God?

Ephesians 5[22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. [23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. [24] Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

"Nuclear families" have long been and are being destroyed because everything is out of order.

• Members
On 9/6/2023 at 7:11 AM, heartstrings said:

That was posted on facebook by a dear friend of mine.

Actually, no, it wasn't offensive at all. You're in a church setting, saying things you know most of your hearers agree with and everybody clapped at the end. But I can tell you how to make it offensive. Define the "nuclear family" with the man as the "head", like the King James does, and by all means relate his roles as "loving his wife", "giving himself" and "providing" like the King James does. Then don't stop short like you just did. Define the wife as being "subject" and her role as "submitting" and "obeying". I wonder of they would clap for you then? And just so everyone knows, I treasure my Wife and don't treat her like a "doormat".  But many pastors treat their men like "doormats" while getting lots of admiration from some of the ladies. I wonder about such men. Maybe many are just simply afraid to proclaim the whole counsel of God?

Ephesians 5[22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. [23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. [24] Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

"Nuclear families" have long been and are being destroyed because everything is out of order.

Yeah, reminds me of when I was at work and mentioned going past a bar/restaurant that was designed for women and I called them ladies.

The supervisor, a lady,  said I'd have to be careful what I said around here and don't use the word 'lady'.  

Alot of women these days are offended by the term lady.  I always thought it as a dignified term as alongside 'gentlemen'.  A respectful term.

And then it's been pushed further than that... with women identifying themselves as 'non binary' or actually a man.  And we are supposed to be not allowed to say they are still a woman.

Reality checks are often needed in today's subjective society. 

Edited by MikeWatson1
Missing word

• Members
1 hour ago, MikeWatson1 said:

Yeah, reminds me of when I was at work and mentioned going past a bar/restaurant that was designed for women and I called them ladies.

The supervisor, a lady,  said I'd have to be careful what I said around here and don't use the word 'lady'.  

Alot of women these days are offended by the term lady.  I always thought it as a dignified term as alongside 'gentlemen'.  A respectful term.

And then it's been pushed further than that... with women identifying themselves as 'non binary' or actually a man.  And we are supposed to be not allowed to say they are still a woman.

Reality checks are often needed in today's subjective society. 

We are the ones with the sound mind 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. and they are the Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

• Members
15 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

What happened to come as you are?

I am asking you for them, the lost. TGL ?

What happened to do not judge, so we are not judge.

What happened to we are all made in his image.

What happened to love your neighbors 

We need to be ready to answer for they will pick verses, and questions.