• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Will Christians Still Vote For Trump… ??

Go to solution Solved by CatahoulaMom,

• Members
8 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

I didn't say I did not accept the video. I just said it was not clear what specific word he said. I am not a Trump fan. He is just the best alternative we have at the moment, which in and of itself is a sad testimony on the state of America.

True 👍

• Members
5 hours ago, Napsterdad said:

IS he saying "half Christian" or "a Christian". Not very clear. Doesn't sound like "half" to me. Sounds more like "act". Perhaps a mispronunciation on his part.

Regardless. TGL must have it right since he has placed him on an even standing with God by KNOWING who is saved and who is not.

Whatever. As I've stated before (somewhere on this forum) if we only voted for those that were truly Christian, I doubt any on this forum would ever have voted. EVER! Who's the last presidential candidate that we have had that you could safely say you believed was a Christian? None in my 63 years.

Woah! I'm not saying, nor have I EVER said he was or wasn't Christian, or that we had to have a "Christian" president. The last POTUS that claimed to be "Christian" before GW Bush was Jimmy Carter, and you know how badly mismanaged the country was run under his administration. You asked TGL for proof of what he was saying. I knew what clip/clips he was talking about, so I presented it. 

• Members

Donald is my brother in Christ.

"I'm a Christian", isn't saying I'm not one. Nor is he saying he's half Christian.

https://www.tpaction.com/about

I don't expect to change the mind of those anti-Trumpeters.

Only God knows the names of His Elect. Not one who is in Him has the right to second guess God. God calls whom He will into His grace. And into political office.

Edited by Danielle

• Members
12 hours ago, Danielle said:

Donald is my brother in Christ.

"I'm a Christian", isn't saying I'm not one. Nor is he saying he's half Christian.

https://www.tpaction.com/about

I don't expect to change the mind of those anti-Trumpeters.

Only God knows the names of His Elect. Not one who is in Him has the right to second guess God. God calls whom He will into His grace. And into political office.

Maybe Trump said I’m half Christian, this way he doesn’t offend anyone. What the other half?  Vance, his buddy is Hindu god now, he was a Catholics then atheists, could this be the other half.

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Maybe Trump said I’m half Christian, this way he doesn’t offend anyone. What the other half?  Vance, his buddy is Hindu god now, he was a Catholics then atheists, could this be the other half.

Again TGL posting that JD Vance is a Hindu, which is blatantly FALSE. He's been called on this before. His WIFE is Hindu. He was an atheist first and now is a Catholic. Seems like TGL is always trying to stir the pot with FALSE information or flat out prevarication. Sad, really... very sad.

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
4 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

He's mumbling but he for sure said "Im a Christian". He doesn't care about offending anyone enough to say something like that below his breath. It's just not his personality to offend people whispering. Even if he were an atheist with the exact same political campaign most Christians would still vote for him over Kamala. 

I don't understand this other stuff about Vance though. BrotherTony is correct about his wife being a Hindu but I don't see how that's relevant to the Trump/Vance ticket? Either the VPs wife will be Hindu or President Kamala will be honoring her Indian Hindu heritage...

I gave up on the idea of an actual "Christian" President many years ago. It seems like most Americans get nervous about anyone too devoutly religious. Despite being SDA Ben Carson came across to me as sincere and someone who attempted to live by those beliefs but he barely had a chance. Huckabee never got off the ground far. Even Mitt Romney had his faith questioned about if he was "too religious" to lead the country. Didn't Pat Robertson take a shot at the Republican Primary many years ago? I vaguely remember.

I must admit from my political viewpoint guys calling themselves "Reverend" Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to sound more "holy" on the Democrat side worry me far more as potential leaders than someone like Barack Obama. In their case I'd be absolutely against a sitting US President trying to stand as America's "Pastor" at the same time.

• Members
14 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

Maybe Trump said I’m half Christian

Re:Your video:

Trump never said he's half Christian!

14 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

, this way he doesn’t offend anyone. What the other half?  Vance, his buddy is Hindu god now, he was a Catholics then atheists, could this be the other half.

Bearing false witness is a sin.

Please stop!

• Members
On 9/2/2024 at 4:23 PM, BrotherTony said:

Woah! I'm not saying, nor have I EVER said he was or wasn't Christian, or that we had to have a "Christian" president. The last POTUS that claimed to be "Christian" before GW Bush was Jimmy Carter, and you know how badly mismanaged the country was run under his administration. You asked TGL for proof of what he was saying. I knew what clip/clips he was talking about, so I presented it. 

Don't get your knickers in a twist. In the half of my response addressing your post (the forum joined my two responses together. I wrote TGLs and yours separately) I did not say you believed anything one way or the other about Trump. My point was simply that if anyone is waiting on a Christian candidate before they vote they are in for a LONG wait. Judging by the current way events are shaping themselves I believe that will only be upon Christ's return.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Napsterdad said:

Don't get your knickers in a twist. In the half of my response addressing your post (the forum joined my two responses together. I wrote TGLs and yours separately) I did not say you believed anything one way or the other about Trump. My point was simply that if anyone is waiting on a Christian candidate before they vote they are in for a LONG wait. Judging by the current way events are shaping themselves I believe that will only be upon Christ's return.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

My "knickers" are NEVER in a twist! LOL,🤣😂🤣😂 That's one thing I dislike about communicating via screen and keyboard...lack of sight and sound in what is being said. I agree with you on your assessment of a"Christian " POTUS. This is something that will never happen in our lifetime. I'll go a step further and say that it will NEVER HAPPEN. Peace to you. 

• Members
On 9/2/2024 at 9:32 PM, Danielle said:

Donald is my brother in Christ. God calls whom He will into His grace. And into political office.

Way more often than not throughout our history, God has allowed mankind to choose who would rule over them:

Hosea 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Even when it was supposed to be a Biblical Theocracy the people were making their own choices.

• Members
On 9/2/2024 at 12:17 PM, TheGloryLand said:

I will have to check to see if this is true,Trump now support the recreational use of marijuana?

Interesting, Money brings in more Money. The first president openly Pot Head marijuana supporter. 😭 Sad

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/trump-met-with-top-marijuana-company-ceo-and-florida-gop-senator-before-supporting-legalization-measure/

Edited by TheGloryLand

• Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

Interesting, Money brings in more Money. The first president openly Pot Head marijuana supporter. 😭 Sad

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/trump-met-with-top-marijuana-company-ceo-and-florida-gop-senator-before-supporting-legalization-measure/

TGL proving his allegiance to Harris/Walz...his constant droning about Trump is wearing. The first president to support pot was Obama. He made it a habit of throwing patties in the White House peppered with marijuana and other illicit drugs. Does anyone remember the drugs found in the White House under this administration and the subsequent cover up that went on? TGL needs to realize as well that CBD and medical marijuana are legal in many states. Maybe he'll STOP with his constant negativity on this site and finally start posting something uplifting.