• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do your church need volunteers

Go to solution Solved by BrotherTony,

• Members
  • Solution
59 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

The more volunteers a church haves the more  work can be done, for the Lords Army. Don’t always keep the same main soldiers in the front line. Rotation is good and healthy.

This is the second time you've stated something like this. If someone is doing a good job in a certain position, it's up to the leadership whether to continue utilizing that person in that particular position. I would advise leaving them as this is probably where the Lord wants them at this particular time. Rotation for rotations sake is NOT a good thing.

• Members
20 minutes ago, TheGloryLand said:

Too bad we cannot start a Pole on this? Will need to rotate BT.?

This is a personal attack... again. Feel free to start a POLL. Nobody is stopping you from doing so. 

• Moderators

The only potential personal attack here may be against BroMatt for his bad spelling.... ?  ? ...and I would totally rib him about that too. No offense meant, so let's not take any. Back to the topic!

I wouldn't go for rotation for rotation's sake (except maybe in financial areas), but a break is as good as a rest for long term volunteers. Switching things up, when there's a well qualified person to step in for a time, might not be the worst thing to prevent burnout. But many small churches haven't really got that option.

• Administrators
On 8/3/2023 at 10:45 AM, Salyan said:

The only potential personal attack here may be against BroMatt for his bad spelling.... ?  ? ...and I would totally rib him about that too. No offense meant, so let's not take any. Back to the topic!

The majorety of my typin is from my phone in the car, so I have no tyme to chek it over and most of  the time its talk to texted. I need more then  25 howrs in a day. ?

Volunteers are always needed at our church (and they do). I work two jobs and also serve as the pastor of our growing church, which is looking to start a building project. It's all about prioritizing, which is why I do most of my office work and OBing from my car in between visits. Ministry is awesome, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

In fact, we took a couple of our bus kids yesterday to our local amusement park. I spent most of the time in the car making calls and setting up my mobile office. Good times as God is good. While I was doing that, we had our team out soul winning, and there was a group at the church having a prayer breakfast.

Ironically, I'm typing this one from the church office. LOL

• Members
7 hours ago, Pastor Matt said:

The majorety of my typin is from my phone in the car, so I have no tyme to chek it over and most of  the time its talk to texted. I need more then  25 howrs in a day. ?

Volunteers are always needed at our church (and they do). I work two jobs and also serve as the pastor of our growing church, which is looking to start a building project. It's all about prioritizing, which is why I do most of my office work and OBing from my car in between visits. Ministry is awesome, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

In fact, we took a couple of our bus kids yesterday to our local amusement park. I spent most of the time in the car making calls and setting up my mobile office. Good times as God is good. While I was doing that, we had our team out soul winning, and there was a group at the church having a prayer breakfast.

Ironically, I'm typing this one from the church office. LOL

Everything looks normal to me. ?