• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Loosing a Love one Death in the Family

Go to solution Solved by Disciple.Luke,

• Members

It makes a difference on how we leave this earth, if you are a believer in the faith, or nonbeliever. We believers, those that are saved, and born again, will be with Him. We have the hope and faith. We stand by His name Jesus, and His promises. He cannot lie, the nonbeliever has no hope or faith. They will not accept the free gift of salvation, which is in Jesus Christ. Being at the funeral, they say many times, they’re in a much better place. This is true, but this is only for those that believe in His name and Word. You and I need to get this right the first time. Don’t delay in His calling.

Have a nice day… ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
  • Solution
On 3/27/2023 at 11:26 AM, TheGloryLand said:

It makes a difference on how we leave this earth, if you are a believer in the faith, or nonbeliever. We believers, those that are saved, and born again, will be with Him. We have the hope and faith. We stand by His name Jesus, and His promises. He cannot lie, the nonbeliever has no hope or faith. They will not accept the free gift of salvation, which is in Jesus Christ. Being at the funeral, they say many times, they’re in a much better place. This is true, but this is only for those that believe in His name and Word. You and I need to get this right the first time. Don’t delay in His calling.

Have a nice day… ?

When I was searching different religions/denominations attempting to find where the truth was to be found...I developed unusual relationship with an older man who served as the local LDS Bishop for close to seven years.

This man was the age my grandfather would've been and only worked a few hours each morning at Menards so his schedule wasn't super busy. We developed a very close relationship and he taught me many lessons about serving and leading others and how to be expert at family history research.

Over several years he had become like a father figure to me so when he passed away it deeply effected me. I remember prior to his funeral I was having feelings about and questioning his salvation and where he was now after stepping into eternity.

When I attended his funeral he was dressed in his temple attire...which consisted of white shirt, pants, and tie. He also had a green robe around his waist with what appeared to be fig leaves in a pattern and a ridiculous white hat similar to what a baker or chef would wear.

Seeing him in those clothes made me realize that this man had spent a lifetime trying to work his way to heaven with ritual and works and no matter how much it pained me I realized he passed without knowing Jesus or his true salvation.

I still miss him to this day but I came to understand that God has made a way for salvation and despite my feelings only those who enter that narrow gate find forgiveness in death.

• Members
55 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

When I was searching different religions/denominations attempting to find where the truth was to be found...I developed unusual relationship with an older man who served as the local LDS Bishop for close to seven years.

This man was the age my grandfather would've been and only worked a few hours each morning at Menards so his schedule wasn't super busy. We developed a very close relationship and he taught me many lessons about serving and leading others and how to be expert at family history research.

Over several years he had become like a father figure to me so when he passed away it deeply effected me. I remember prior to his funeral I was having feelings about and questioning his salvation and where he was now after stepping into eternity.

When I attended his funeral he was dressed in his temple attire...which consisted of white shirt, pants, and tie. He also had a green robe around his waist with what appeared to be fig leaves in a pattern and a ridiculous white hat similar to what a baker or chef would wear.

Seeing him in those clothes made me realize that this man had spent a lifetime trying to work his way to heaven with ritual and works and no matter how much it pained me I realized he passed without knowing Jesus or his true salvation.

I still miss him to this day but I came to understand that God has made a way for salvation and despite my feelings only those who enter that narrow gate find forgiveness in death.

It’s sad, to loose a family member or friends. But there are no short cuts. We cannot earn are way to heaven. But there is always a chance, we don’t know, if the person repent. Believe in Christ, at their last moment. Yes, Saved, but will not receive any rewards, In heaven. Pretty much, we that are saved, we are working for our heavenly rewards. But not just this only, we are being obedient.

• Members

I know that my family has lost many members since 2000....My dad died on June 21, 2000 of cancer...he was saved; my mother-in-law died on July 4, 2005 of cancer....she was saved....My wife's Aunt Brenda passed away on July 5, 2006....she said she was saved, but there was little proof of this. We were told she was in a better place, but we had a hard time believing this.....My little sister passed away on June 4, 2019 from cancer....she was saved and lived a life of service to others, opening an alternative homeschool to help troubled children...we heard that she was in no more pain and walking the streets of Heaven. This we could believe. She served the Lord for many years and was a wonderful Christian lady. We lost my wife's older sister on November 27, 2022...she died of a heart attack. She believed she was a Christian because she had been baptized, and many years later had joined the Catholic church...no funeral was performed...she was cremated. The friends of the family told all of us she was in a better place....because of her lifestyle, my wife had to ask to open the door to witnessing to these people...."is Hell a better place?" We sincerely doubt my sister-in-law was saved...nor was her ex-husband who died just 30 days before she did. It's easy for people to say, "Oh he/she's an angel looking down on us" or "they're in a much better place" when they don't understand/believe/follow the Bible and don't have salvation. It's a sad fact that our society believes these things without question. It shows a lack of the church in preaching the truth of the Word of God to the people. Seems we're hiding our light.