• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Free Bible

Go to solution Solved by BrotherTony,

• Members

The truest free bible, is the King James Bible. You will not need any special permission to use it, in your Bible teaching or reference. Does this applies to the the New King James Bible? I don’t know, newest is not always better. How much longer can the KJ Bible, stay on top, the number one Bible. Only time will tell, before your church sells out. Sad

Take Care

200.gif

• Members
  • Solution

Though there are hundreds of versions and translations of the Bible, the KJV is the most popular. According to market research firm Statistica, as of 2017, more than 31% of Americans read the KJV, with the New International Version coming in second place, at 13%.

I'm not a fan of the NIV...never have been. In fact, my wife and I left a church we helped start in Augusta, GA (Garden City Baptist Church) in 1985 because the pastor deceptively employed its use. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I went to a Bible college that used local pastors to preach in chapel. Some were King James men others were not and some claimed to be, but were not KJV. They used expressions such as, "a better rendering here would be ..." or "another version puts it this way..."  A better rendering of what? I was confused. Finally a pastor came in and said, "Things that are different are not the same". Boom, it clicked with me. Then the first pastor I worked for asked me my view on Bible versions. Then he said, "This is the issue that will split our fellowship. (The Baptist Bible Fellowship) The gave me books to study. I read Ruckman, and Fuller and a few others. Since then I have read a lot about the King James translators and their unmatched methods and scholarship. I cannot understand how smart people justify using other versions.

• Members
1 hour ago, Joe Chandler said:

I went to a Bible college that used local pastors to preach in chapel. Some were King James men others were not and some claimed to be, but were not KJV. They used expressions such as, "a better rendering here would be ..." or "another version puts it this way..."  A better rendering of what? I was confused. Finally a pastor came in and said, "Things that are different are not the same". Boom, it clicked with me. Then the first pastor I worked for asked me my view on Bible versions. Then he said, "This is the issue that will split our fellowship. (The Baptist Bible Fellowship) The gave me books to study. I read Ruckman, and Fuller and a few others. Since then I have read a lot about the King James translators and their unmatched methods and scholarship. I cannot understand how smart people justify using other versions.

The mighty dollar or dollars. ? 

• Members
2 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

The mighty dollar or dollars. ? 

I sincerely doubt that the love of the almighty dollar is the main reason for some making the choice to use other versions of the Bible. Most I have spoken with state the inability to understand the "Kings English," which nobody speaks today.