• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Common Figure of Speech?

rstrats

• Members
1 hour ago, rstrats said:

I "grasp" everything you're saying.  It's just that what you're saying deals with issues for a different topic. 

I don't think so...I believe Jerry has shown the fallacy in a 6th day crucifixion. So, it actually deals with the subject matter.

• Members
53 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't think so...I believe Jerry has shown the fallacy in a 6th day crucifixion. 

And I agree with that.  But again, that's an issue for a different topic. The only concern of this topic is the commonality of saying that a daytime or a night time would be involved with a event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could be.   To that end, I'm simply looking for examples - plural - to support the idea of commonality. 

• Members
1 hour ago, rstrats said:

And I agree with that.  But again, that's an issue for a different topic. The only concern of this topic is the commonality of saying that a daytime or a night time would be involved with a event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could be.   To that end, I'm simply looking for examples - plural - to support the idea of commonality. 

Seems like you're just arguing to argue. Look, the subject laid fallow showing that nobody agrees with a sixth day crucifixion and there's no justification for it. Commonality or not, what the Bible says is all that matters. We're told in scripture to avoid foolish questions, and this, my friend, seems to fit the bill. 

• Members
9 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

re:  "Seems like you're just arguing to argue."

You're the one doing the arguing. I'm simply informing you that you're posting your comments in the wrong topic. 

re:  "Look, the subject laid fallow showing that nobody agrees with a sixth day crucifixion and there's no justification for it."

Nobody looking in here yet, but you never know about someone in the future. 

re: "We're told in scripture to avoid foolish questions, and this, my friend, seems to fit the bill."

You said that it is a Catholic, Lutheran, Greek Orthodox as well as some Baptist churches stance that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week. Would it be a foolish question to ask how they account for the lack of a 3rd night time?

9 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

• Members
9 minutes ago, rstrats said:

It's foolish and wasteful when it's detracting from the mission laid out by the Lord for us to do? The adversary uses many subjects to rabbit trail Christians. Does this affect your salvation in any way? No! Does it enhance your walk with the Lord? Doubtful. Like I said before the subject laid fallow because it is of little importance to anything or anyone. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Three night - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I can buy you a calculator if that helps you with your addition.

I don't know why you keep saying that since it still has nothing to do with this topic. 

BTW, you have a question directed to you in post #36.

Edited by rstrats

• Members
8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Because you keep saying my reply does not make sense to you.

I never said that. In fact I agreed with what you wrote about the fallacy of a 6th day crucifixion.  It's just that that is an issue for a different topic.