• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

It’s so hot I’m going to get baptize again…

TheGloryLand

• Members

I've got a suggestion made in fun....why don't you go jump in a lake? LOL  My dad used to say that when we'd say something similar to what you just posted! How I miss my dad and his humor. All that having been said, it's 97 degrees here with a heat index of 107 and himidity at 52%. It's supposed to stay this way for the next 14 days. UGH! 

• 1 year later...
  • Members
4 hours ago, TheGloryLand said:

It's taking much longer to get baptized. Some classes to get baptized, are ridiculously long. My last church was around 2 months of training. I shake my head, wrong….?

Is it wrong? Isn't it up to each church to decide? Personally I believe there should be a baptism pretty close to the salvation decision. But, with the level of people's misunderstanding of baptism and what it really means, I can understand the length of time some churches take in allowing such. Is it ridiculous in having people understanding what they are doing?

• Members
On 9/30/2023 at 5:25 PM, BrotherTony said:

Isn't it up to each church to decide?

I guess I wasn't signed in when I replied.  Now I will have to remember what I wrote.  Is it up to each church to decide?  I honestly don't know when I ask that.  The Ethiopian Eunuch didn't have much understanding of what he was reading, but Philip baptized him without a 2 month class.  John the Baptist was preaching and baptizing in the same day it seems from reading about him, and yes that was before Jesus' death.  The only exception I believe is found in Acts where some had received the Holy Spirit and hadn't been baptized yet.  Peter quickly fixed that issue.  All other instances seem to be "pretty close to the salvation decision".  They believed and were baptized.  So if we look to the Bible for guidance, is it a church's right/decision to institute a class on a subject when the Bible appears to contradict that church's decision?  It almost seems condescending.  These new believers can read the Bible for themselves and see that they "believed, and were baptized" (Acts 18:8).  Talk about making a person feel stupid.   

• Members
2 hours ago, robmac68 said:

I guess I wasn't signed in when I replied.  Now I will have to remember what I wrote.  Is it up to each church to decide?  I honestly don't know when I ask that.  The Ethiopian Eunuch didn't have much understanding of what he was reading, but Philip baptized him without a 2 month class.  John the Baptist was preaching and baptizing in the same day it seems from reading about him, and yes that was before Jesus' death.  The only exception I believe is found in Acts where some had received the Holy Spirit and hadn't been baptized yet.  Peter quickly fixed that issue.  All other instances seem to be "pretty close to the salvation decision".  They believed and were baptized.  So if we look to the Bible for guidance, is it a church's right/decision to institute a class on a subject when the Bible appears to contradict that church's decision?  It almost seems condescending.  These new believers can read the Bible for themselves and see that they "believed, and were baptized" (Acts 18:8).  Talk about making a person feel stupid.   

Context and content. Yes, we're given examples of people being baptized immediately.  These people, at this time in history were well aware that converting to Christianity could cost them their lives. To totally commit to being a Christian, and following in baptism after having been proselytized was against the law of the Roman Empire. It was also against the law of the synagogues. Those Who were Jewish knew exactly what it could cost them. I believe this was the case with the others outside of Judaism. It's not like it is now with the 1-2-3 pray after me converts we find today being told this little prayer was save you. 

• 9 months later...
  • Members
1 hour ago, TheGloryLand said:

Hot 🥵 again, time to get baptized 

baptism GIF

Looks to me like you're promoting the terrorism of babies! LOL 🤣😂🤣😂 Are trying to tell us that you were baptized as a baby???? Wink wink! 

• Members
3 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

Looks to me like you're promoting the terrorism of babies! LOL 🤣😂🤣😂 Are trying to tell us that you were baptized as a baby???? Wink wink! 

I think that kid is part dolphin 🐬🐬

• Members
On 7/22/2022 at 5:59 PM, BrotherTony said:

I've got a suggestion made in fun....why don't you go jump in a lake? LOL  My dad used to say that when we'd say something similar to what you just posted! How I miss my dad and his humor. All that having been said, it's 97 degrees here with a heat index of 107 and himidity at 52%. It's supposed to stay this way for the next 14 days. UGH! 

Or....take a long walk off of a short pier.